shortyj

what do you guys with all those pennies ?

Pay tickets! :ph34r::ph34r: Seriously, put them in a jar and let them collect, you would be amazed how much you'll have in a year or two!

My ex paid home owner's association fees with his. He got pissed at the local HOA, took $25 worth of pennies to them and poured them in to the drop slot with his bill. :S The next month there was a little note on the slot that said, "PLEASE NO COIN." :D

I'm not sure how long he was saving his pennies for, but he thought it went to a good cause. :o

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

I spend 'em as I get 'em.

I don't wanna screw with those paper rolls or hoarding them in a jar. That's just retarded.

I go to one of those supermarkets with self-checkout & use 'em up there when I get a bill of $20.14 or something.

If you don't have one of those self-checkout places, you can usually have time to count them out when you're waiting at the checkout behind some little old lady who wants to argue with the clerk about her coupons or something.
:P

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

If your pennies are dated 1981 or before.. the copper in each one is worth about 2.5 cents...and those add up after a while

Description Denomination Metal Value Metal % of Denomination
1909-1982 Cent (95% copper) * $0.01 $0.0257315 257.31%

Put some in an old sock, and if someone tries to mug you give them what for.

Also you can just use coin star if you are too lazy to roll them.

You can also hold onto them. Because the nmetal value of the penny is worth more than 1c a piece.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

those supermarkets with self-checkout & use 'em up there when I get a bill of $20.14 or something.

If you don't have one of those self-checkout places, you can usually have time to count them out when you're waiting at the checkout behind some little old lady who wants to argue with the clerk about her coupons or something.
:P

Why waste your time counting them? Those self-checkout machines always give you change back using the fewest/largest bills/coins. So every time I use one (local hardware & grocery), I first dump all of my loose change in, then start feeding it the smallest bills in my wallet, working my way up to larger bills. As soon as it has enough money, it stops accepting, then gives me change using the fewest coins/bills possible.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I have a jar that I painted a white fluffy cloud on and painted Skydiving Fund on the cloud.

Just the other day my son took all his change and dumped it into a smaller change cup in the kitchen. He said it wasn't really worth much.

So I showed him my Skydiving Fund. It currently has probably about $200 in it. He wanted his donated change back. ;)

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

I work for a company that processes pennies.

Last year we were having trouble getting truck loads of pennies. All because one company in New Jersey was doing exactly that, sorting the copper pennies and melting them down for a nice profit. Their scheme lasted all of about 3 months once the US Mint and the feds found out what was going on. The company got a slap on the wrist, had to pay a very hefty fine (almost the amount of profit they made) and were told not to do it again. ;)

Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.
Pelt Head #3

I have a Bucket by my fireplace. All pocket Change goes into the bucket. Then about once a year I Take bucket down to the Grocery Story and Pour it into the sorting machine and get cash (I think they keep about 7% but it is worth it not to have to deal with Rolling all that change). Past several years I have gotten between $600 to $800 each time. Usually do this before heading to Vegas and whatever is in the Bucket is my Gambling money.

Thought this was interesting being that you just brought this up today....
http://www6.comcast.net/news/articles/general/2008/02/29/Paulson.Penny/

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.