ACMESkydiver

Fitness Peoples...Post for February 29th-March 6th

How are y'all doing?? :)
Meh I've hit some more set backs, but enough about that. I found some AWESOME sugar-free syrups at the Cash 'n Carry!! Brown Sugar and Cinnamon, Huckleberry, and some more Raspberry. They really help my protein shakes...

Working out is hit and miss. I don't know whether I should continue or hold off for now, I have a dr appointment on Monday for this odd footie injury that hasn't totally healed after 4 weeks. Meh...

So how are all of you doing though? :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Shit girl, I coulda told ya bout the sugar free syrups a long time ago (sorry:$).

Workouts are going well .... staying pretty consistent. Food's aight too, though I'm finding myself craving sweets again. Grr.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Sigh...

Not good... Last saturday I hurt my leg. Well, I over worked it, and i'm still paying for it right now. Plus starting a new job, i've been crazy as heck!!! This week... try to do the stuff i SHOULD have done this pask week... I hope i can...

Tomorrow, i have a run, and a hike i'm doing, sunday i have 2 soccer games, then the week... hopefully do some training...

We'll see how the week goes. I've been eating well though, so that's a plus...

Hopefully exercise wise will go better this week. My bf suggested my running a marathon in chicago to raise money for a humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.

I'm thinking i might be moving my marathon run up. I just have to see if i have to work that particular weekend.

CReW Skies,
bubbles
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

No working out for me for the next few days. I'm sick and it fuckin sucks. Just took more nyquil about 5 minutes ago so i'm sure i'll be sleeping again soon. [:/]

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Been working out minimally the last couple weeks, with a couple hundred situps per day, 150 pushups Thursday and today, a bunch of pullups today, a run yesterday, all sorts of fun shit.

On another note, I've had three weeks too many to think about life in the Coast Guard, and I realized I've got too much risk in my life to become a Rescue Swimmer. I'm not invincible, and I like my life. I'm going to go for BM instead, and don't make any wisecracks (no pun intended of course). It means Boatswain's Mate. I'm going to try to become a Coxswain of a 47 ft SAR boat. Will still provide good stories at the dinner table, and I won't be defying death to put food on the table.

Shipping out Tuesday, will check in by the 1st of May.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

Shit girl, I coulda told ya bout the sugar free syrups a long time ago (sorry:$).

Workouts are going well .... staying pretty consistent. Food's aight too, though I'm finding myself craving sweets again. Grr.

My cravings don't go away unless I cut something out entirely for about a week. [:/]

Well my personal religious commitment had me cutting out bleached flours, sugar, preservatives, etc...BUT...I had said that I would allow myself the healthy bars and drinks that I'm accustomed to eating. Unfortunately, they do have artificial sweeteners so even though they are healthy, they are keeping my sweet tooth alive somewhat. [:/]

I can't tell you how badly I wanted a Mc D's cheeseburger and a Cadbury Egg last night. :|

I'll have one of each on Easter Sunday and then BACK to healthiness. B|

Glad to hear that you're keeping with the workouts! That's great to hear. :)
~Jaye

Didn't even manage 20 miles for the week ending today. Three midterms in one week (actually, two days) is my excuse. If only I could walk and read textbooks at the same time.

Yeah, I know, you can on a treadmill, but that would require joining a gym and I'm too cheap to do that. :D

I can't tell you how badly I wanted a Mc D's cheeseburger and a Cadbury Egg last night. :|

I just want to say how strange it is that I had a dream about a huge box full of Cadbury Cream Eggs last night. Been slacking on the eating and working out this week, starting back on Monday. It's hard to stay healthy when someone is visiting and making you an amazing dinner every night!

I just want to say how strange it is that I had a dream about a huge box full of Cadbury Cream Eggs last night. Been slacking on the eating and working out this week, starting back on Monday. It's hard to stay healthy when someone is visiting and making you an amazing dinner every night!

I know...I cook for 10 people every night and can't eat ANY of it! >:(:S:P They always offer, but I really do love to cook. :)
~Jaye

No working out for me for the next few days. I'm sick and it fuckin sucks. Just took more nyquil about 5 minutes ago so i'm sure i'll be sleeping again soon. [:/]

Ohhh...sorry to hear it. [:/] Being sick sucks. :(

Hope you feel better soon!
~Jaye

I've been on travel for the past week and just got back to the Middle East. A marathon friend took it upon herself to damage me running while in South Carolina. I hadn't done over 7-8 miles in a while, but wasn't going to stop either.

Swimming and my usual blast of calisthenics will be the order of the week for me!

Hope you like the sugar free syrups.

:)

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Been working out minimally the last couple weeks, with a couple hundred situps per day, 150 pushups Thursday and today, a bunch of pullups today, a run yesterday, all sorts of fun shit.

On another note, I've had three weeks too many to think about life in the Coast Guard, and I realized I've got too much risk in my life to become a Rescue Swimmer. I'm not invincible, and I like my life. I'm going to go for BM instead, and don't make any wisecracks (no pun intended of course). It means Boatswain's Mate. I'm going to try to become a Coxswain of a 47 ft SAR boat. Will still provide good stories at the dinner table, and I won't be defying death to put food on the table.

Shipping out Tuesday, will check in by the 1st of May.

Good luck with that! Check in with us when you get a chance. B|
~Jaye

I've been on travel for the past week and just got back to the Middle East. A marathon friend took it upon herself to damage me running while in South Carolina. I hadn't done over 7-8 miles in a while, but wasn't going to stop either.

Swimming and my usual blast of calisthenics will be the order of the week for me!

Hope you like the sugar free syrups.

:)

Sheesh I don't ever run more than...well, come to think of it, I just don't run. B|:D

Have fun with your workouts...enjoy the middle east. Uh, if you can enjoy that. :|:P
~Jaye

I'm in the NICE part of the Mid-East - though I'll be heading up north again soon. Been living here for about 15 months, with intermittent trips up to Iraq on business.

Going to swim tomorrow morning and then do a badass workout to kick jet lag in the ass.

B|

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Take care of that foot. I thought about telling you that sooner but its not like you would have listened, right? :P

There have been some articles and things in the news lately about artificial sweeteners in general and how they trigger a similar response to sugar. Try not to over use that stuff. I know, you're working on an addiction (been there.......) but sometimes its better to go with a smaller portion of the "real thing" than a larger portion of a substitute which isn't quite as "guilt free" as is appears, you know? Just something to think about, anyway.

OK, so me...... keeping up with the workouts and for the past 3 weeks, have gotten at least one in on the weekend. Weekends tend to be my downfall- its a lot easier for me to hit the gym on my way home from work. Keeps me out of traffic, I've got my gym bag in the car all ready to go and they gym is just past the turn I would take to get on the expressway towards home. From home on a Saturday or Sunday morning, the motivation is a lot more difficult to find, so I'm pretty happy with 3 weekend workouts in 3 weeks:)
As far as my eating, well I have to admit that forcing myself to write down and keep track of what I eat makes me think twice about whether or not I really want it AND after only a few days, I noticed a difference not just on the scale but in how my clothes are fitting. I'm snacking a LOT less and I feel like maybe I've turned the corner and can get past this plateau now. (of course, I was pretty BAD on Saturday but did a little better yesterday. Just like the workouts, paying attention to my "diet" tends to be easier during the week. :S

Just like the workouts, paying attention to my "diet" tends to be easier during the week.

I came to a major forehead-slapping realization yesterday ... when I'm bored (like, oh, say, when I'm laid off and have a lot less to do with my days... it's a lot easier to overeat.[:/]
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Just like the workouts, paying attention to my "diet" tends to be easier during the week.

I came to a major forehead-slapping realization yesterday ... when I'm bored (like, oh, say, when I'm laid off and have a lot less to do with my days... it's a lot easier to overeat.[:/]

I totally hear you! Try to use the time to fit in an extra yoga class or something!

Just got back from my cruise yesterday....

Didn't overeat (except for a few late night pizza runs) and ate pretty well according to my diet. (I did enjoy lobster, steak and shrimp on numerous occasions).

I also kept true to my workout and still worked out 4x during the trip....its easy when there was a lull during the day when nothing was going on and my friends too naps.

So yeah, but it's back to my harder workouts from here

B|

Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

I came to a major forehead-slapping realization yesterday ... when I'm bored (like, oh, say, when I'm laid off and have a lot less to do with my days... it's a lot easier to overeat

Come hang out with me. I'll give you my illness and you won't be able to eat at all. Getting sick has done wonders for my weight loss. [:/]

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Its a rare day when I CAN'T eat! I eat when I have a cold, a fever, a headache, whatever ............... About the only t me I can't eat or hold food down is when I am severely hungover! Since a hangover tends to follow a night of over indulgence, I can't even win there! :S