RkyMtnHigh

Breakfast Food for Dinner?

I haven't ever thought of having breakfast food (like eggs, waffles, bisquits n gravy) any other time than morning.

However cold dinner leftovers in the morning (like salmon) didn't seem odd before.

I recently had breakfast food for dinner and it was good:P

People do it.

I'm not much of a person for breakfast food. I more often do dinner food for breakfast.

I've heard people say things like dinner food "is to heavy" for breakfast. I'm pretty sure this is some learned thought as things like sausage and pancakes aren't light.

Just the opposite, actually. Breakfast foods are usually ones that need the digestive help of being up, active and working.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

I haven't ever thought of having breakfast food (like eggs, waffles, bisquits n gravy) any other time than morning.

However cold dinner leftovers in the morning (like salmon) didn't seem odd before.

I recently had breakfast food for dinner and it was good:P

People do it.

I'm not much of a person for breakfast food. I more often do dinner food for breakfast.

I've heard people say things like dinner food "is to heavy" for breakfast. I'm pretty sure this is some learned thought as things like sausage and pancakes aren't light.

Just the opposite, actually. Breakfast foods are usually ones that need the digestive help of being up, active and working.

See, that's the kind of thinking that I'm talking about.

Can you give any examples of these kinds of foods. Possibly links showing that they need you to be awake to be digested.
What kind of things are eaten for breakfast?
eggs bacon pancakes waffles milk oatmeal

none of these things really require you to be up to digest them.

BTW, I do make great french toast! Not too soggy, not too dry..mmmmmm:P

The difficulty with french toast is that people make it with regular bread. I like to use french bread that is a little bit old so that it is drier.

That way, I can really let it soak well and it won't fall apart. :)

btw, I did a search on Superpages.com for Waffle House in Georgia. There were 518 hits. I suspected that. :D:D

People who live in Ga know what I am talking about.
Every... single... interstate exit has a Waffle House.
:D

Actually the rest of the world doesn't consider gravy to be breakfast food at all.

No apologies necessary. Southerners have long hidden our cultural superiority to prevent the additional foreigners from coming.

How's that moose pie working for ya? ;)

(Don't lie, you've had it. :ph34r:)

People who live in Ga know what I am talking about.
Every... single... interstate exit has a Waffle House.
:D

Don't forget, some exits have 2

I've seen that. One on each side, especially when it's not an easy drive from one to the other.

Reminds me almost of New Jersey, where I'd see a Dunkin Donut shop in every freaking little town, and in some cases, TWO of them within eyesight! :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Actually I haven't. Moose is best as a roast or in sausages, although I have been known to make pasta sauce with it. Around these parts we mostly prefer elk with our perogies; better sausages.

Breakfast food at dinner is called Brunch.

Breakfast food at night is called Supper.

Breakfast
Dinner
Supper

Dinner is such a funny-looking word.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Actually I haven't. Moose is best as a roast or in sausages, although I have been known to make pasta sauce with it. Around these parts we mostly prefer elk with our perogies; better sausages.

I have no idea. Just kiddin'. :D

My buddy is from Montana and goes back every year for vacation. He goes elk hunting with his dad.
He tells me that they fill up a freezer and have it all year.