dropdeded

Robin Trower on Tour

Saw Trower sunday night. Man, that old man can still play the fuck out of that thing. If you get the chance, do it!!B|

He's also extremely gracious, sat out front and signed anything ya wanted after the show, took pictures etc...way nice dude!!:)
http://trowerpower.com/
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Yeah, I'd love to see him LIVE! I was just lookin' at some old Procol Harum pics too! :D He's the main reason, that I have a Strat...he got me hooked on that sound. I'd heard he was jammin' with Jeff Beck, at a Frank Marino (Mahogany Rush) tribute, not too long ago! That hadda' be great! B|

"T'was ever thus."

He was always "aesthectically challenged," but he is really showing his age. He is playing in Greenville, SC the night before the Van Halen concert in Raleigh, which I already have tickets for. I don't thin I will try and make them both - I will catch him next time he comes around.
Arrive Safely

John

exactly... walking out of this show after a performance of that song.. a young metal head was overheard saying... "did you hear that sound?? that was the sound of guitar cases slamming shut...that old guy just slayed every wannabe in the audience.."

Yea, I could just feel the shrooms coursing through my veins.................DUDE............Did you see that??

Good Times!!!!B|

hahahaha... it was mescaline we took at at the Trower concert at Keil auditorium in St.Louis December of 76. Trooper opened the show. Man, I can still feel the wave that rushed over me when he played Bridge of Sighs. I hope he comes this way. Would love to see him again.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Trooper opened the show.

Trooper! B|

They were played a lot on the Canadian radio station (CHOM-FM) I listened to growing up.

Just googled them. Looks like they're still touring but, only in Canada http://trooper.ca/default.php?cat=tourdates&subcat=none
Did hear Two for the Show not to long ago. Great song.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Don't know. Van Halen just may be longer for this world than Robin.:P You might want to catch his show first.

My thoughts exactly;)

Nah, just listen to 'em.....Trower has waaaaaay more sustain! ;)

Van Halen!? Even his kid ain't lookin' too healthy!
"T'was ever thus."

have seen Robin play the chicago amphiteater in his hey day, and also seen him play a crowd of 50 people at the Blue Moon Lounge.

You may ask yourself what kind of dive was the Blue Moon?

It was a good restaurant, excellent sunday buffet brunch, actually one of the best there ever was.

It was also the place where Ted Nugent started playing with the Amboy Dukes.

That place had so many of todays rock and roll hall of fame play there it should have been made a historic landmark

it was sold and became a nursing home, and later was torn down to make an emergent care facility for sherman hospital.

There are not too many places left that were like it.

You could go see the best bands in the business for $5.00 entry, no drink minimum.

Contrast that to today, and the $500.00 ticket prices that are common.

He's coming here in April and I'm going to be out of town:(. I saw him in the same club 20yrs ago, it was a great venue. He looked old then, but man did he ROCK! I've been a big fan for a long time.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"