mamajumps

When is someone truly a skydiver?

If one doesn't want to be defined, best not to do anything at all.

OR
Do lot's of different things and confuse the fuckers:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Who is having a difficult time with definitions?

The people who get ticked off, silly.

Oh. Well, I don't think they're getting ticked off at definitions so much as getting ticked off at other people's judgments and elitist attitudes. I mean, I could "define" someone as a poser douchebag, and when they get mad about it, I could just say that I don't understand why they have a difficult time with definitions. :P

There is a dictionary definition for "skydiver," but that's not what this thread seems to be about.

Oh shit!! I agree with [rehmwa]. I am scared. Very scared.

Don't be scared. I agree with him all the time, and I'm still awesome.

B|

even more awesome when you agree with me - if that's even possible

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Be careful- I see a trend. This is the 2nd or third time you've agreed with me about something!

Crap, yes your right (again) I know your right because im a skydiver and that makes me better then everyone else...oh wait, I gave my gear away, shit Im back with the "normal" folks :| lmao, this is a fun thread

Bunny... maybe we can start a club, AWT 1 & 2 ... then wed be cool:P
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Be careful- I see a trend. This is the 2nd or third time you've agreed with me about something!

Crap, yes your right (again) I know your right because im a skydiver and that makes me better then everyone else...oh wait, I gave my gear away, shit Im back with the "normal" folks :| lmao, this is a fun thread

Bunny... maybe we can start a club, AWT 1 & 2 ... then wed be cool:P
But But arn't you a Rock Climber:o does that not define you as a person, kinda like a bipedal limpet:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

When you each send me $100 and I will send you an official Skydiver Decoder Ring.

And a pull up cord?

For 100 you better get a couple of BJs too.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

i know im a skydiver, i am SO poor and need to pay for my next boogie in Perris i even considered topless waitressing (which i prob will do) to pay for it! i sell everything i own and always think about every 20 quid being a jump ticket rather than food for me and you know what i wouldnt have it any other way!

Anyone for a topless waitress?? :(

Anyone for a topless waitress?? :(

Uh, for the first time in my life, I actually want to move to the UK.

Somebody slap me, quick!
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

I think it's when you land, look back up at the sky and suddenly realize that you were flying well without having to think about every little maneuver.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

So what is your opinion

IMHO it's all just semantics. If someone has done one tandem and wants to call themselves a skydiver let them. There's better things to do with your time than shoot down people who want to to be thought of or classed as something, whether they are in the club or not. It's an ego thing for them, and I would suggest getting too worked up about it is also an ego thing.

I never contemplated a tandem before aff for the reasons you speak of, I wanted as much of the responsibility on that 1st jump as I could get, but if anybody wants to do a single tandem and then call themselves a skydiver that's fine with me, come find me in the bar at the end of the day and we can trade stories and compare notes, if that's your FIRST and going to be only skydive, you're buying the beer!

Sarah if I'd known you're contemplating selling your body, even if only look but don't touch, I'd of made you an offer given you a jump ticket in Seville.

Sam
but what do I know

They're a skydiver when they've decided that they're interested in skydiving, will be involved in the sport in some capacity, and will make the occassional skydive. Anyone who says otherwise is probably a sky-god and needs a warm cup of shut-the-fuck-up.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher