RkyMtnHigh

Connaisseur de Fromage

The title of this thread is not "Abe Froman, Sausage King of America" yet it is about the fact that I'm a connaiseur of cheese. Not swiss, american, gouda, meunster, cheddar, yet specialty cheeses.

I bought a variety last night from a specialty store of really good cheeses.

Parrano - cow's milk - creamy texture, yet a sharp afterbite;

Tete de Moine - cow's milk, creamy, flavorful, mild;

Campo de Montalban - cow, goat and sheep's milk. This one is delicious!

Gabietou Herve Mons - cow and sheep's milk. It's the most expensive of my selections @ $32.99/lb. Since it's so rich in flavor and price, I got only .20/lb.
However it is one of those cheeses that you taste it, walk away, then crave just one more taste:P

As for local cheeses, I highly recommend Sweet Grass Dairy here in Georgia. I've enjoyed all of their cheeses (goat cheese and brie were my favorites)

http://www.sweetgrassdairy.com/cheeses

My favorite saying is:

Fromage sans vin est comme une femme sans seins ;)

Évidemment j'ai du bon vin pour aller avec le fromage:P
... et je mes seins suis parfait, merci;)

Montre-les
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

The title of this thread is not "Abe Froman, Sausage King of America" yet it is about the fact that I'm a connaiseur of cheese. Not swiss, american, gouda, meunster, cheddar, yet specialty cheeses.

cana de cabra and bucheron are tasty too. Come to think of it most moldy (inside or outside) cheeses are.

Things most people think of as cheeses can be ok. Emmenthaler is a real Swiss cheese great for burgers or Ostrich and Gruyére a nice appetizer. Goat Gouda is good.

Be sure to enjoy the local cheeses. When in Spain, Manchego compliments jamon de bellota (from Iberian pigs fed a diet of acorns). Yum.

My mouth is watering just thinking about it, and I regret spending my calories on a mediocre roast beef and provolone on soggy bread :-(

Have you tried Sottocenere , or Honey Chevre?

You can pick both up at the cheese shop on 16th by the Cuban joint (Bosa) in Downtown Denver. (IIRC)

Those cheeses ROCK!

I confess, I too am a lover of CHEESE!

Hence the eternal diet...[:/]

ETA, I just snapped to the fact you are in Georgia. DOH:o

I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.
Winston Churchill

I'll be back home in Colorado next weekend and then permanently within 60 days, so I'll be sure to check it out.

There are a couple Swiss deli's and restaurants I used to frequent in the Cherry Creek area that I can't wait to go back for a visit!:)

My favorite saying is:

Fromage sans vin est comme une femme sans seins ;)

Tellement vrai monsieur!!! C'est comme vendre un auto sans les pneus... I couldn't agree more, my friends think i'm weird when i eat un fromage de cloitre with my morning toasts... But yet they all stick around and ask questions...;):P
Today is a better day!!!

I bought a variety last night from a specialty store of really good cheeses.

Parrano - cow's milk - creamy texture, yet a sharp afterbite;

Tete de Moine - cow's milk, creamy, flavorful, mild;

Campo de Montalban - cow, goat and sheep's milk. This one is delicious!

Gabietou Herve Mons - cow and sheep's milk. It's the most expensive of my selections @ $32.99/lb. Since it's so rich in flavor and price, I got only .20/lb.
However it is one of those cheeses that you taste it, walk away, then crave just one more taste:P

As for local cheeses, I highly recommend Sweet Grass Dairy here in Georgia. I've enjoyed all of their cheeses (goat cheese and brie were my favorites)

Cheese with wine is one of my favorite things. There is nothing like an excellent syrah with Mahon cheese. Pinot noir and a raw milk dry aged cheddar, with croccantini crackers... heaven.

Cheese without wine is pretty good, too.

Now you have me thinking about hitting the cheese shop. Bye, bye, $40.00 or so.
I'll bring your list and see what the owner has to say.

I think that you should stop breathing in so deeply whilst applying your hair-spray:P

No, it's more that I should stop ingesting so much alcohol whilst hanging out with friends......B|

Thank god I passed out before I could do too much damage.:o