lawrocket

Cartoons you like

I've found myself recently checking out cartoons and thinking of some of those that I truly enjoyed.

1) Looney Tunes - especially during the Chuck Jones era. I liked them as a kid, but it wasn't until I was a teenager that I truly found them riotously funny.

2) The Simpsons (through about 1999).

3) South Park - 'Nuff said.

4) Freakazoid - I liked the show. It came outta nowhere with some of its humor. Ed Asner as Officer Cosgrove was also absolutely hilarious.

5) Duckman - I saw a few episodes of this in college, when I didn't have a television and saw it at a friend's apartment. The show was great.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Family Guy is the current standerd by which all comedic cartoons is judged. We have every DVD set and laugh at them all the time. Their Star Wars parody was EPICLY funny. Fox killed the series and paid for it in tons of lost revenue and brought it back by fan demand.

I laugh and randomly quote Futurama all the time. This was a show that once again Fox pulled the plug on only to have it thrive after its death and get called back for another round only this time Cartoon network made a killing and now new episodes are on Comedy Central.

How could I forget Aqua Teen? :|:D

If you want to branch out into other genres of animation I have some favorites there too.

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Looney tunes was awesome, and its younger brother the Animaniacs.

The Simpsons will always be a classic, even if I don't find it as funny as I used to. In any case, it paved the way for Futurama and Family Guy, and they are most excellent.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I've found myself recently checking out cartoons and thinking of some of those that I truly enjoyed.

1) Looney Tunes - especially during the Chuck Jones era. I liked them as a kid, but it wasn't until I was a teenager that I truly found them riotously funny.

2) The Simpsons (through about 1999). -- I love this show, but I don't consider this a cartoon...it's an "animated series"

3) South Park - 'Nuff said. - Again, GREAT show, but like it, and also Futurama, an animated series.

4) Freakazoid - I liked the show. It came outta nowhere with some of its humor. Ed Asner as Officer Cosgrove was also absolutely hilarious. Or the one with Ricardo Montalban - 'it is YOU who is the WEENIE!'

5) Duckman - I saw a few episodes of this in college, when I didn't have a television and saw it at a friend's apartment. The show was great.

My faves:

1) classic looney tunes: liberal use of explosives and falling heavy objects = hilarity

2) animaniacs - carried the spirit and sheer lunacy of the old WB cartoons into the 90s

3) transformers - the 80s ones, not the anime ones of today. i still own the movie on dvd. the animation and stories haven't aged well, but i loved this show when i was a kid.

4) batman the animated series - channeled the spirt of the max fleisher superman cartoons, and did it really well.

5) Robotech - another series i loved as a kid.

There was a poster that said, "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way."

Hahaha...I just said that to someone 3 days ago! :ph34r:

I don't watch very many cartoons now, but I watched a lot of Underdog back in the day.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

If you like cartoons, see the movie "The Villain":

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080097/

As one of the user comments states: "The best Road Runner / Wile E. Coyote remake ever!"
It is a movie, but done in the style of a cartoon, with many of the same visual gags that you would only expect to see in a cartoon.:D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Animaniacs and Ren & Stimpy were my faves back in the day.

Don't shaft me for this, but I can't stand Southpark! :P

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

4) Freakazoid - I liked the show. It came outta nowhere with some of its humor. Ed Asner as Officer Cosgrove was also absolutely hilarious. Or the one with Ricardo Montalban - 'it is YOU who is the WEENIE!'

My favoite moment in the show was when Ricardo Montalban's character had the cat tied up and held hostage. Not getting anywhere, he said, "Bring in the animal psychologist."

In come a skinny, goateed dude. "Meow meow meow?"
Cat: "Meeeoww?"
Dude: "Meow meow meow."
Cat: "Meoww."
Dude: "He says he's under a lot of stress."

Anyone remember watching "Alf Tales" on Saturday mornings back in the 80's?

It was full of puns and stuff that was probably over the heads of most kids. I remember one show that IIRC featured a villian building these chopping robots called K-Arts. I think the whole show was a setup so the villian could call out "Attention K-Art Choppers!"...back when Kmart was still a big chain.

I remember spoofs of Rapunzel and some other fairy tales too.

Let's see, what other kids cartoons did I watch?
"Gummi Bears" anyone?
"Thunder Cats", Smurfs, He-man, X-men. Alot of those were horrible.

Seth
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

Old cartoons,
Astro Boy
Marine Boy
Prince Planet
Kimba
Bugs Bunny (et al.)

Modern Cartoons
Animaniacs
American Dad
Family Guy
oh and Drawn Together
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Animaniacs and Ren & Stimpy were my faves back in the day.

Don't shaft me for this, but I can't stand Southpark! :P

That isn't why we shaft you.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

My favorites were

Bugs Bunny and the Roadrunner Show
Tom And Jerry (all-time favorite)
Foghorn Leghorn
Yosemite Sam
Daffy Duck

Nowadays - South Park (if I could just find a channel that shows them with closed captioning, Comedy Channel doesn't >:()
The Simpsons

I'm sure there are a few more but I can't think of them right now.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Nowadays - South Park (if I could just find a channel that shows them with closed captioning, Comedy Channel doesn't )

I thought you could read lips.:P

And wouldn't close captioning kinda ruing the idea of Kenny?