whiterabbit

Riggers in or near NYC?

This question has been asked before (according to a forum search I just did), but not since 2004, so I thought I'd check to see if the situation had changed.

Are there any riggers in or near New York City? I'm in need of a reserve repack for an upcoming trip out-of-state, and my rigger lives near my "home" dz -- which is 2.5 hours out of the city. Getting a repack done on short notice would involve at least two trips to his house, for a total of (at minimum) 10 hours of driving.

Rigging adventures is located 2 hrs. south of NYC.
at skydive crosskeys in NJ.
It's a fully equiped, fulltime loft that services many New York people.
You can ship your gear ,(ups ground is 2 days tops), and pick it up later in the week.

856-262-9958
c-856-217-9778

I live in the 50's right on the Hudson - so, assuming I leave at 6:30am on a Sat: My apt to the bridge: 6 or so mins. Bridge to Palisades to 87 - 18-20 mins... 30 mins on 87... OK, maybe 1:15/1:20... You can never tell with the lights off exit 17. Once you're passed the town, though, it's clear flying to 44/55.

Of course, the Plattekill cops don't like it too much (or they love it, depending on the price of the fine...)