kansasskydiver

Skydiving.com = Skyride!

I don't know if this has been posted or not, but I cam across some disturbing information, at least for myself, and a couple other fellow dz's.

I was running through our logs and stats for site visits and a couple came from skydiving.com, however some time ago.

I went to the link that was for MO instead of KS and am rather pissed.

They are listing my DZ on their website, however when you click on the link, it links to a "skyride" partner site...

I find that HIGHLY illegal that they're using my dropzone's name and location but linking to another site and selling certificates based off of this information.

I would storngly encourage you to visit the link below and subsitute out for your state and see what link they're showing for your DZ.

I thought we had gotten rid of skyride, but still there are links apon new links and we're currently sitting 6th in google just below a couple skyride fake dz's.

http://skydiving.com/test/skydivinglocations/skydive_kansas.shtml

replace kansas with your state and see for yourself!
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

Not surprizing at all. My DZ and 2 others that are not Skyride are not listed at all. The RD thats been fighting against Skyride has her DZ linking to a Skyride site.

I tried fighting this a long time ago. All my hopes now rest in the hands of a Pixie from the west...

Obi Won Pixie, you are my only hope. :D
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

The whole skyride situation was just brought back to my attention today. I looked online, but couldn't find anything new. Lawsuits tend to drag on for years (months, if lucky). But I think enough info is laid out in the complaint to form a judgement on skyride. I did a search from dzs in my state, and several popped up (as opposed to the only one that actually exists).

Yep, You are right! They did it to us too. We just recently go our website up, but they have a flag at our location. When you click on it, it just goes directly to email.
Tell everyone you know that they are doing a new campaign and soo far, everything that I've seen from it, this one is going to be an all out assault on the web and the skydiving community.
Hang on to your ass, we are going for a ride now!!!
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

there's more t-shirts here (I think 4 designs):

http://shop.flyingloomembroidery.com/category.sc;jsessionid=DDC6C3843D5DF5D4EF28278A7C4D786B.qscstrfrnt02?categoryId=4

sorry I don't know how to make it a clicky
"I believe the risks I take are justified by the sheer love of the life I lead" - Charles Lindbergh

Skydive.com is also SKYRIDE?

NO skydive.com is not skyride. Joe Jennings set it up to combat skyride and give dzs a different choice/

Like Ian has said, do NOT confuse this with Joe's site at skydive.com.

The OP is citing skydiving.com - a COMPLETELY different website (and, perhaps, a Skyride site).
'Shell

see thats why when i look for a DZ i go to USPA.org to find my locations

But, unlike the uneducated public, you know WHERE to go to look for information. They don't. They likely type a few key words in google and go from there.

Knowing what I know, I'd go to dropzone.com to find out what DZ to go to. But that's just me.

;);)
'Shell

I looked up Georgia. We're not listed. But I did get good info on who in Florida supports Skyride.

I had planned to go to a boogie in Sebastian but I'm cancelling my trip.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I looked up Georgia. We're not listed. But I did get good info on who in Florida supports Skyride.

I had planned to go to a boogie in Sebastian but I'm cancelling my trip.

Boy! THAT lit a fire!
Going back to double-check I find that the links on skydiving.com take you directly to the real DZ's webpage. Even Kansas ones. This tells me that surely skydiving.com is NOT a Skyride scam?

Something else, some known Skyride affiliates are NOT listed while some are...

Whaddayathink?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239