jsaxton

gas price

well, i am glad that gas is going up....maybe less people will drive, and not be in my way!

just kidding...i am a pool guy, i dont commute, and i dont drive more than 20 miles a day...so who cares!

And just exactly how far is the DZ from your house?
And if you don't think that transportation prices affect everything we buy, you're um, an I**ot

When I was a more militant bicyclist I used to ride everywhere, even the DZ. I could throw my rig and a few six packs of beer on my BOB Yak trailer, ride 12 miles to the DZ, jump, drink lots, and ride home.

Something a little closer to home: I made my first jump in Feb '64. A 12,500 ft jump cost $5.25 & the average salary in '64 was ~$6,000.

Today the average salary is ~$30,000 which would mean that same jump would be $31.50 today. Gasoline was about $0.30 gallon which would be $1.80 today.

So driving your car is way up & jumps are much cheaper. What is more important? B|

Should make for some good discussion around the dz bonfire this coming Saturday evening. B|

JerryBaumchen

I'm in France at the moment and diesel is 1.28 Euros a litre (about $7.46 /£3.70 for a US gallon) or (£4.45/$8.96 for a proper gallon)

1 UK Gallon = 4.55 litres
1 US Gallon = 3.78 litres

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I'm in France at the moment and diesel is 1.28 Euros a litre (about $7.46 /£3.70 for a US gallon) or (£4.45/$8.96 for a proper gallon)

1 UK Gallon = 4.55 litres
1 US Gallon = 3.78 litres

Sucks to be in Europe, eh? Ride a scooter. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Nothing to add...just shamelessly postwhoring...

Hey, at least you made it through 7 posts.

I will add that gas prices here in Austin, TX are at $3.15/gal. for unleaded. I'm lucky if I can find it for $3.09. Thankfully, my del Sol gets good gas mileage (28-35 mpg) even if it does have a small tank (10.5 gals).

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

It's about the same here in central Alabama - $3.07 to $3.13. I'm expecting to see it go up to maybe $3.50 by Memorial Day. :S

Still, that's way better than Europe.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I just filled up the other day...15 gallons cost me $55.00 - I guess that's about $3.66 per gallon. :|

Then my sister told me it's supposed to go up to $4.00 per gallon. :S[:/] Damn it all to hell! >:(

I remember times when gas cost a whopping $0.99 per gallon & a pack of smokes was $2.00

Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

I filled my 5 gallon tank Moto Guzzi, cost me $30, to fill my car for a week costs me $80+

I save $50 per week if i ride:|

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?