wilcox

canopy opening as soft as spectre

Wow, two of the hardest openings I've ever had were on those two canopies. Of course THE hardest one I ever had was on a Spectre. Any canopy will spank you on occasion.
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

Which canopies are known to open as soft as Spectre?

Maybe Crossfire 2? Is it comparable to Spectre?

A Pilot will open as soft as a Spectre. I have no idea what a Crossfire 2 opens like, as I've never jumped any of the fully ellipticals, though I've heard good things about the Crossfire's opening. It sure would be a hotter performer than the Spectre, if that's what you're looking for.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Was your Safire modded? With the factory control line trim they were known to open hard often. Mine had a huge slider on it as well.

As for the Nitron, I am _extremely_ happy with the openings. Softer than a Stiletto that's for sure and I have never been spanked at all. I could do 10 jumps a day, with camera, under it and wouldn't complain.

For the ultimate in soft openings I guess a Dacron lined Spectre would be the way to go... but I prefer 9-cells so you won't catch me under one. ;)
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

Was your Safire modded? With the factory control line trim they were known to open hard often. Mine had a huge slider on it as well.

No, the Safire I jumped didn't have the mod. I only had one hard opening on the Nitron, but it was a good one. I didn't think of it as a "soft" opening canopy, but it wasn't bad either. I think the HMA lines don't even stretch as much as Spectra.
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

Both the Safire2 and the Crossfire2 have very smooth consistant openings. If you are looking to go with a 7 cell the Omni from Icarus also has very nice openings.

Many canopies now a days have nice opengins so it is more about what kind of canopy flight the jumper wants.

The Safire2 is a lightly elliptical (not aggressive) 9 cell canopy designed for beginner jumpers or experienced jumpers who do not want an aggressive flight. The Crossfire2 is a fully elliptical (more aggressive) 9 cell that dives more and builds more speed and has more overall performance.

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

I've jumped both a Spectre and a Safire II, the Safire II has the better openings, IMO.

-Blind

I find them both very nice, both soft. Just started jumping a spectre last weekend, and I own a Safire 2 as well ;)

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.