Lastchance

Monster Kitten

I have a 7 month old cat that weighs 12 pounds. And he just keeps getting bigger. I can't remember any of my cats weighing that much at that age. Is this normal? Has anybody out there had a monstewr kitten. We limit his meals to what is specified on the packaging and we try to keep him out of the older cats food and the dog food. He also has gas that can clear a room.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

He's been to the vet and he just told us to keep him away from the other animals food, but that was a couple months ago. We are just wondering why he's so big. Probably should talk to the vet again anyway. Any vets out there with an opinion?

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

That sounds like The Dude (or his dudeness, el duderino if you're not into the entire brevity thing). He was tiny as a kitten. Smaller then the palm of my hand. He's now taller and bigger then most poodles and weighs 30lbs. He's not as skinny as he should be, but he's definitely not a fatass.

Either way, run it by your Vet. (Although my vet wanted us to switch to Hill's prescription diet C/D, which is pretty much bullshit to make us spend more money)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Depends on genetics really.. I have a couple of friends with several cats all from the same father years ago. Even those breed with the Persians are LARGE.. 30lb+ (and know how to knock you sideways when you are carrying food to get a dropped bit... i've been mugged before:o

One likes to climb the curtains and 'pounce' on things on floor.. a 30 lb cat 12' over your head in free fall is a scary sight.

My kitten is roughly 7 or 7 1/2 months old and he's already 12 lbs, and not in the slightest bit fat - he's just a long, lean kitty already. He's just gonna be a beast. I'm not worried about him. He's healthy and he's happy. The funny thing my other kitten is on the other end of the spectrum - she's the same age and just barely 4 lbs. but despite some early digestive/growth problems also appears to be healthy and happy.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke