captain1976

Cypress cutter demo at Skydive Expo Deland

It was pretty cool to see that it cut it so easily. I've heard people talk about seeing this demo in the past but haven't seen it.

I realize this was probably put together quickly but it would be nice to see it a little closer up with the cables secured down and zoomed in a little so everything isn't jumping around. Still, impressive to see how quickly and easily it cut through the cable.
Andy
I'll believe it when I see it on YouTube!

Dumb question:

It is suppose to cut the cloth closing loop right in the real world right? This was just a demo of how strong the cutter is? Or does the Cypress always cut a metal wire?

The handle is connected to the wire that ends at the pin.
Cypress fires an cuts the loop that goes around the pin. Or am I way wrong?

Dumb question:

It is suppose to cut the cloth closing loop right in the real world right? This was just a demo of how strong the cutter is? Or does the Cypress always cut a metal wire?

The handle is connected to the wire that ends at the pin.
Cypress fires an cuts the loop that goes around the pin. Or am I way wrong?

Yes, it cuts the closing loop. Cutting the cable is, as you say, just a demo.
"It's amazing what you can learn while you're not talking." - Skydivesg

Thats the first one I have seen fire. I expected to hear more of a pop like a blasting cap instead of a click

if you need it to fire, there should be enough air noise around you and cursing from your side, that you shouldn't hear it :P (I didn't hear mine)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Thats the first one I have seen fire. I expected to hear more of a pop like a blasting cap instead of a click

if you need it to fire, there should be enough air noise around you and cursing from your side, that you shouldn't hear it :P (I didn't hear mine)

My wife told me I better not ever hear mine either. She said I had better be unconcious if mines goes off or I surely will be :ph34r: after I land.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Neat demonstration of cypress cutting through ripcord cable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF1Ghw2KiMM

At Skydive Expo, in Deland, I saw Jupp Veltman' demonstration at the Airtec stand, where a Cypres2 cutter, on the cement floor, is cutting through a ripcord cable.
No bang, no noise, no smoke...just a click !

Another neat demonstration, on Airtec website,
is where a Reissdorf Kolsch beer truck goes over a Cypres2 casing ! Effective !