loco.cerveza

Nerd Stuff

Well, here is something to think about, I was just talking to a friend and we are thinking about setting up a Nerd Movie/ T.V. Night. I night that a few friends get together and watch movies/ T.V. shows that reflect our inner nerd. Weather it be gun nerd stuff computer nerd stuff, or what have you. Lets face it, we all have an inner nerd, I do not care if it is a skydiving nerd, science nerd, computer nerd, gun nerd, or even a sports nerd, we all have that inner nerd. It got me to thinking what are my top ten general nerd movies/ T.V. Shows. So I figured I would list them.

My top 10 Nerd Movies / T.V. Shows

10) Tron
09) Star Trek TNG
08) Sneakers
07) X-files
06) Hackers
05) The Lone Gunmen
04) WarGames
03) Star Trek DS9
02) V for Vendetta
01) Blade Runner
Remember that expectant life span is an average, and most people are below average
--Garrison Keillor

Well, here is something to think about, I was just talking to a friend and we are thinking about setting up a Nerd Movie/ T.V. Night. I night that a few friends get together and watch movies/ T.V. shows that reflect our inner nerd. Weather it be gun nerd stuff computer nerd stuff, or what have you. Lets face it, we all have an inner nerd, I do not care if it is a skydiving nerd, science nerd, computer nerd, gun nerd, or even a sports nerd, we all have that inner nerd. It got me to thinking what are my top ten general nerd movies/ T.V. Shows. So I figured I would list them.

My top 10 Nerd Movies / T.V. Shows

10) Tron
09) Star Trek TNG
08) Sneakers
07) X-files
06) Hackers
05) The Lone Gunmen
04) WarGames
03) Star Trek DS9
02) V for Vendetta
01) Blade Runner

I think you have to add 2001: A Space Oddyssey and the Matrix trilogy.

Also, no anime on your list....

You realize that you might be responsible for Bolas's next halloween costume. And we'll never forgive you.

Why would I wait until Halloween? :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I think you have to add 2001: A Space Oddyssey and the Matrix trilogy.

Also, no anime on your list....

I did think about 2001: A Space Odyssey, but I enjoyed the movie, but I liked the book much better. I am an anime fan, but I simply forget to think about it in making my list.
Remember that expectant life span is an average, and most people are below average
--Garrison Keillor

Not that I would know anything at all about being a Nerd/Geek...

But if I were to list THOSE kinds of Movies..
10. Cherry 2000
9. Serenity
8. Fifth Element
7. A Boy and His Dog (The greatest ending of any movie ever made)
6. Star Trek - Wrath of Khan
5. Wizards
4. Heavy Metal
3. BBC Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
2. Blade Runner
1. Firefly - The entire TV Series. Beginning to End.

Honorable mentions to : The New BSG Series, Beast Master, Time Bandits, Spaceballs, Star Wars IV, The Last Star Fighter, Neverending Story and Matrix.

Time Bandits was one of my favorites, and the Last Starfighter was a fun movie to watch. Hey does anybody remember Buckaroo Banzai - Across the Fifth Dimension? That was a weird one.

Has anyone mentioned Weird Science? ;)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

For sci-fi nerd I vote for the Tin Man series!
Wizards
Fifth Element
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (the BBC version and newer movie)
X-Files
The Lone Gunmen

For gun(western) nerd I'd say:
Tombstone
Wyatt Earp
Deadwood series (cocksucker!!!)

For skydiving nerd I'd say:
Willing to Fly
Cutaway
Gypsy Moths
Dropzone
Good Stuff

Computer nerd stuff:
Serial Experiements Lain
Hackers
War Games
and whats the name of the movie where the guy makes his computer run his house and it becomes obsessed with him?Its prob already been mentioned. *shrug*

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

Hey does anybody remember Buckaroo Banzai - Across the Fifth Dimension? That was a weird one.

When I first met my wife, her knowledge/obsession with Buckaroo Banzai was like a sign from the creator - I HAD to marry this woman.

For a very long time, I thought only my geek friends and I were the only ones who knew of it.

I salute you.

"Home is where you wear your hat; I feel so break up, I wanna go home." - Dr. Emilio Lizardo, aka Lord John Worfin, aka John Lithgow
T.I.N.S.

That was a good line. But my favorite:

Mission Control Operator: Buckaroo, the White House wants to know is everything OK with the alien space craft from Planet 10 or should we just go ahead and destroy Russia?

Buckaroo Banzai: Tell him yes on one and no on two.

Mission Control Operator: Wait... Ummm... Which one was yes, go ahead and destroy Russia... or number 2?

Hey does anybody remember Buckaroo Banzai - Across the Fifth Dimension? That was a weird one.

When I first met my wife, her knowledge/obsession with Buckaroo Banzai was like a sign from the creator - I HAD to marry this woman.

For a very long time, I thought only my geek friends and I were the only ones who knew of it.

I salute you.

"Home is where you wear your hat; I feel so break up, I wanna go home." - Dr. Emilio Lizardo, aka Lord John Worfin, aka John Lithgow

I remember Christopher Lloyd acting in that movie as one of the aliens. I don't remember the lines but he and his comrade were in their spacecraft when the comrade tells him something and Lloyd gives him an emphatic birdie behind his back. I don't remember much else. It's been at least 20 years since I saw the movie, but I remember it cracked me up.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban