RkyMtnHigh

Why do I find this funny?

Dear Sunny,
I just found out that my fondest fantasy was just that...a fantasy. What do I do now? I can't sleep at night.

Come pick me up so we can go for a ride in your car...i'll give you an all new fantasy...:)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

It looks like a competition that the bush pilots have in alaska and maybe other places. Those guys are amazing. Bush pilots and Ag pilots will show you the most casually skilled flying that you'll see anywhere.

The big fat tires definitely indicate bush planes.

In the late '80's I attended a boogies at Mullin's DZ in TN when he had the Helio Stallion.
Winds were 20-25 mph but a bunch of us fools were jumping anyway.
Thanks to his excellent spotting we were even landing on the DZ.
Due to the high crosswind, he was landing across the runway, instead of down the length of it.
On one occasion, he landed without his wheels turning.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

It looks like a competition that the bush pilots have in alaska and maybe other places. Those guys are amazing. Bush pilots and Ag pilots will show you the most casually skilled flying that you'll see anywhere.

The big fat tires definitely indicate bush planes.

In the late '80's I attended a boogies at Mullin's DZ in TN when he had the Helio Stallion.
Winds were 20-25 mph but a bunch of us fools were jumping anyway.
Thanks to his excellent spotting we were even landing on the DZ.
Due to the high crosswind, he was landing across the runway, instead of down the length of it.
On one occasion, he landed without his wheels turning.

And that is why he's about the best damn jump pilot in the country, if not THE best. He has had more than a few dicey situations and gotten out of them with relative ease every time. One example is having a tandem pop the reserve over the horizontal stabilizer and rip it off his King Air. He flew it down and landed it fine. Then there's the gear up landing he had in AZ, came in for a gentle belly glide. And those are the only one's I'm aware of.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

One of the reasons for the design of the Porter is take off and land on short runways in mountains.