MichaelMoore

Finding a girlfriend at the dropzone

Im scared to date anyone from the dz cause of all these horror stories. So whenever a guy starts to show interest in me I just automatically shut it out. Last thing I want to be is the football. :|

Its really simple and not limited to skydivers or the dz lifestyle. If you don't want to be treated like a "football", don't act like one.

What does "acting like a football" entail? Im curious.

Dating or fucking a bunch of guys at the dropzone.

Chicks dig swoopers.

Buy a Velocity and start doing 270's. You don't need coaching. That's for pussies. Grab a front riser and hold it down till you're scared. Wait 2 more seconds then let up and start to flare.

If you thump in just score a hot nurse.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I would like to know how many guys out there have met women they’ve ended up dating at the dropzone.

It seems like a rather tough challenge given the very small amount of female jumpers in our sport. Not to mention most of them appear to be seriously involved with someone already.

If you were successful, what was it that set you apart from the other skygods at your dz? ***

There really needs to be little to separate you from other skygods. If you want skydiving chicks, the requisites are easy to summarize.

First of all, get lots of jumps. Most women in the sport do not date guys with fewer jumps than they have. You can draw you own conclusions about what this says about how meaningful those relationships are, but that's how it is.

Second, freefly instead of bellyfly. This demonstrates to the ladies that you are into positions other than missionary, a big plus. Also you get to dress better while skydiving.

Third, get a camera and fly it. Women love having their picture taken, and it's an easy way to get your foot in the door.

Fourth, swoop. This shows that you have balls, which outwardly many women may deny they care about, but they do.

Fifth, base jump. See above. Actually, in some cases this can trump any other skydiver who does all of the other things mentioned above, but doesn't base.

Do not be surprised if in spite of all of your hard work, your woman dumps you for someone better than you, and there is always someone better than you. But don't worry. If this happens to you, just stay in the sport for a long time and here's why:

Many women seem to work through men in the sport according to what I've come to call the pegboard theory. Remember that board in gym class? The one you could climb up by jamming the pegs in the holes and pulling yourself up to the next one? Well thats kind of what it seems like some women do in the sport only the pegs aren't exactly pegs. Some climb a long way and may even make it to the top. The thing is, rare is the woman who climbs that board and doesn't eventually have to climb back down. Some even fall off the board completely. What makes this happen? The reputation earned while making the climb. So if your woman dumps you for someone way better than you, just hang in there. Chances are good that she's just a temporary toy for whomever she's dumped you for, and down the road she will eventually end up at a position on the board below your, um.. peg.

Now, there are women in the sport who don't climb the pegboard, and many are good women. May you be so lucky as to find one. But my general advice is to assume initially that they are on that journey, especially if they won't date someone with fewer jumps than they have. And don't listen to any girl who says that you shouldn't be like all the other dicks out there who just want to get laid. If you play the nice guy, you stand little better chance of finding the "relationship" you hope for, and you won't get laid either. I'm not saying you should use the ladies just for sex and then toss them away. That's beyond being a dick and into asshole territory. I'm just saying you may want to close the deal before being the nice guy. If you turn out to really be an asshole and step all over the ladies, you might earn a reputation similar to that of the unabashed pegboard climbing woman. if you do and you're labled a dirt-dog you can always go back to dating wuffos. There are many more women to choose from outside of skydiving, and the entire skydiving world is a very small pond in which to be a big fish, or one with a bad rep.

If you are lucky enough to find your true love within the sport, then congratulations. You've truly beaten the odds. But be aware that the intensity of the skydiving environment can make a relationship seem at first greater than it really is. in any skydiving relationship I would suggest you ask yourself a question to determine how "real" things really are. Ask yourself if you would be willing to wipe your significant other's ass for the rest of their life because they're paralyzed, and if they would do the same for you. This is the possible reality of what we do. If the answer is not yes, than harbor no illusions about whether or not it is true love. You are just spending time together for a while. Don't lament too much if at some point down the road you lose your "turn", because it was never real.

Good luck, and good hunting.

Girls, which one of you gave him a copy of the rulebook? >:( Now that he's got us all figured out we'll never get laid again at the DZ. Guess we'll have to find some other sport.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Girls, which one of you gave him a copy of the rulebook? >:( Now that he's got us all figured out we'll never get laid again at the DZ. Guess we'll have to find some other sport.

Guy's aren't the ones that have a problem with being used for sex. :|
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Dude, you really outkicked your coverage on that one-way to go!

Not sure what that means. But, thanks?

Means you're batting WAY out of your league... ;)

Also know as 'what does SHE see in HIM?' :P:D:)
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I would like to know how many guys out there have met women they’ve ended up dating at the dropzone.

Can't help you here. Never dated a sky-chick and never will. Occasional fuck-buddy is great by GF/BF? Nah...you're just asking for trouble and the resulting drama just isn't worth it.

If you were successful, what was it that set you apart from the other skygods at your dz?

Good fuck-buddies like the "no kiss and tell" approach. Choose wisely.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Chicks dig swoopers.

Buy a Velocity and start doing 270's. You don't need coaching. That's for pussies. Grab a front riser and hold it down till you're scared. Wait 2 more seconds then let up and start to flare.

If you thump in just score a hot nurse.

dude, get with the times. If you aren't throwing 450's you ain't shit. 270's are "safer" remember:P:D:D:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Girls, which one of you gave him a copy of the rulebook? Now that he's got us all figured out we'll never get laid again at the DZ. Guess we'll have to find some other sport.

Who needs Dr. Phil when you can get classic advice like this? Maybe I should make it sticky.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Dude, you really outkicked your coverage on that one-way to go!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure what that means. But, thanks?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Means you're batting WAY out of your league...

Also know as 'what does SHE see in HIM?'

Actually, I ask myself what does HE see in ME all the time. If anything I feel like I went out of my league-- He's a good catch and I reminded myself that I am a lucky girl everyday for the past two years. B|

To go a little off this posts reply and address a few points in other posts-- I think it is tough to get that sincere relationship on the dropzone. I do hate to agree that a lot of dropzone guys are dogs, but I'll also be the first to agree that there are a lot of dropzone girls who just feed off of that as well as make their way from guy to guy every other night. It's tough in general because you date a whuffo and they don't understand a big part of your life or you date a skydiver and either beat the odds and have a beautiful thing together or end up creating a big mess that leaves you feeling weird going to your home DZ because "the ex" is there.... or odds are the girl doesn't care, was probably a ho to begin with, and just chalks it up as another "peg" (as was mentioned earlier), and goes on to the next skygod.

Take a look at that older couple on the dropzone... every dropzone has a few. Maybe they show up together on weekends, do some jumps seperately with friends, or together.... been married for years or their whole life and are very happy and appreciate the fact that they get to enjoy doing something like this together. So, maybe its worth the wait for the right dropzone girl........
but in the meantime just don't get caught up in passing around the football!! :P
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

All the hot guys are taken anyway. And their girlfriends are really nice girls, so I can't break up the relationship, and I find that the only ones I attract with my skydiving interest is wannabe swoopers and BASE jumpers.

:(

It's hopeless, but fortunately, the world is full of whuffos.

:D

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

Actually, I ask myself what does HE see in ME all the time. If anything I feel like I went out of my league-- He's a good catch and I reminded myself that I am a lucky girl everyday for the past two years. B|

Wow, you must be in a generous mood today... I thought for sure you'd support his idea that you're out of MY league! :P:D Not that you would have meant it, just can't believe you'd pass up a chance to give me shit. B|

Maybe we're in the same league? Cowboy league?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I did not date anyone from the DZ.....

However...

I met my husband through dz.com. I knew before I met him that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. We met, dated, he moved in 6 months later....his daughter moved in six months after that.....finally two years after THAT we got married.....we have been together five and a half years total. Not too shabby for a couple hooked up by HH!

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!

I met and "dated" two women at the dropzone. Also met my wife there, she was this incredibly beautiful first jump student (uh-oh...). She only made the one jump, but we're still together after 28 years now.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

If you wait long enough, you will meet a girl who simply wants a skydiving boyfriend.....and it really does not seem to matter who or what kind of skydiver he is!

Hmmm. But who would really want a girlfriend, or a boyfriend for that matter, who's only criteria for a partner is skydiving. I'm not saying that you can't be happy, but I would want more.... :|
=========Shaun ==========

Well, there I was.

I had just finished my second AFF jump, and I remember thinking OMG my instructor is SO HOT. But I totally shouldn't date my instructor, should I? But my god, he's a skydiver he's so hot. Then this other guy came up to me at the bonfire that night and he said "you don't want to date your instructor because he's a total dog and he sleeps with all the new chicks and then dumps them as soon as the next hot chick comes along." He was so totally cool and he didn't even try to get into my pants and said that as soon as I was finished with AFF he would give me free coaching. I thought that was totally cool.

Then the next day, it was kind of cloudy so I couldn't do my level 3 because the clouds were only at 4,000 feet but the swoopers were still doing hop and pops and the guy who talked to me at the bonfire was out there and I saw him. I asked around about what they were doing and the manifest girl told me and I was like wow, that is so totally amazing. Swoopers are so hot. I have to date a swooper. And right there, I was totally hot for a swooper. I couldn't believe it. Like one minute, I'm in love with my instructor, and the next minute, there's a totally hot swooper who's going to coach me for free when I'm done with AFF.

So then that night I got completely wasted at the bonfire because I was so bummed I didn't get to jump that day and I ended up hooking up with one of the guys who was in my AFF class. I was so fucking embarrassed, I mean, he was a total newbie like me, and didn't even stand up his first landing and no one at the dropzone even knew who he was or talked to him. I went back the next weekend to do my level 3 but all of a sudden the swooper guy was all over me like I was gonna hook up with him that night too. I mean, what the fuck? I did, but damn, blow one guy in the packing room and news travels fast. We ended up dating for a while, I mean, not really dating because like he totally doesn't want a girlfriend and I'm okay with that, but hooking up and all that. I did graduate AFF, but he's always so busy getting ready for his swoop competitions that it's hard for me to finish my coach jumps. So I mostly just hang out at the DZ and watch him. It's been a couple summers now. Maybe one of these days I'll get my A license.

HELLO!!!!