moodyskydiver

best animated film(s) or anime series?

I know Icon and a few others can speak Japanese but I can't. For most the stuff I perfer the Dubbed but a few I don't mind the Sub versions at all.

My japanese is rusty...

I enjoy most of my anime both in the sub version and the Dub version.

the version of Akira I have with Subtitles is awesome... it isn't as good dubbed... but that's just my opinion.

I first watched Ghost in the Shell 2 in subtitled (in a theather in Atlanta) and when I watched it dubbed on DVD later it also wasn't as good.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Fantasy
Record Of Lodoss War

I was waiting for that one. Great film. I'm surprised no one has said Vampire Hunter D or Ninja Scrolls yet.

ALong with Akira, those are considered classics by my brother who is a huge Anime fan.
I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

FLCL is awsome as is quite a few other titles mentioned in here so far. Anime is something that is just hard to explain to someone that doesn't get it and FLCL is about as far out there as you can get in Anime.

Adult Swim has done a lot to further Anime getting air time here in the US. Too bad they have basically pulled it from their schedules as of late.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I agree with all you've posted so far, Phree.

I can't believe all the Cowboy Bebop fans! I'm not alone!!!!!!! B|

Can't believe no one has mentioned my two favorite animated movies yet...

FANTASIA (talk about being ahead of their time) Hard to believe it was released 68 years ago...

HEAVY METAL Only the first though, the 2nd one sucked rocks!

When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Do you know how hard it is to live with someone that rolls her eyes every time the TiVo is filled with anime and keeps bumping American Idol? :ph34r: I thought for the longest time that I was one of the only ones on here that watched anime since previous forum searches came up really empty.

I still have not seen the Cowboy Bebop movie. Evagelion is one that was mentioned earlier that I loved when I saw it but forgot about it until now. I've got Bleach at the top of my anime list in the TiVo currently. I've been meaning to pick up a few of the DVD sets since they are coming with dual audio and subtitles now to get the best out of a few series now.

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I loved the first couple of seasons of Bleach, ending with the Soul Society story arc. The Bount story arc (which isnt in the manga) felt more like a big, loooong filler. The current story arc with the Arrancar has hits and misses, but feels a bit draggy, although it's getting better now...

I still havent seen Evangelion, nor got into any of the Gundams, but am willing to give it a chance.

I mostly watch the comedy/drama ones as well. I heard True Tears was good. And I have yet to catch a couple of recommended shows like Death Note and DGrayman.