Thanatos340

text Messages. I dont get it.

All this texting and non-communication face to face- people start to lack social skills and graces. B|How fun it is to be having dinner or whatever and expecting some nice conversation and there is someone furiously texting away. Lovely to have to sit back and be a ghost. If you wouldnt take a phone call while out with a friend, then why is it suddenly ok to text everyone all night long and ignore the person who made the time to be with you? Can be very rude sometimes. Maybe I'm just old school. It has its place, don't get me wrong. But if you text me and I am driving for instance, and I dont text back, dont get on my case that I called you and didnt text! Duh, I am DRIVING! I know you are there, you just texted me!!! :P Or even better, waited until I was not driving until I called so I was not distracted. I cant believe how often I see people texting while driving now, that is very scary stuff!

One other note- I bet if your employers knew you texting they would be very upset. Why do you think they dont like if you talk on the phone? It's noisy? Heck no. If you are at work technically you should be working and not talking to your friends. The only reason they are not upset is they dont even know you are wasting time texting because they cant hear you. Do people really think employers are "OK" if you text?:S

Anyhoo, just my opinion. I am not a big fan of text, IM or chat room stuffs. Just talk to me. That I like. Be able to have an intelligent conversation. Hmm, maybe THAT is the problem. Some dont have that ability. :D:D

I can't sit here at work and talk on the phone, but i can txt. Plus i hate talking on the phone anyway.

Then why not Email or IM where you have a full keyboard?? And it doesnt cost $.10 a message??

Dont get me wrong, I dont mind getting text messages, I just always think, why the hell didnt they just call me because there is no way I am typing an answer on this number pad.[:/]
I use it for one way communication, but like yo if a response is required I call
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Maybe I am finally showing my age. I just don’t get this texting stuff at all.

I can see the use if you need to tell 5 people the same thing like "Meet for Dinner at 8:00" or something.. But people having conversations via txt just doesn’t make since to me. Why not just call them and ask whatever it is, Get an answer and be done???

I get several text messages every week, Almost never respond unless it is "call me" or I will just call them and answer their question.

What am I missing here? I don’t get why anyone would want to sit and try to type word on a little number pad. Someone please enlighten me.

if you don't like vanilla ice cream then don't eat vanilla ice cream.

Just don't get all huffy when the rest of us eat vanilla ice cream. It's that simple.
Scars remind us that the past is real

Wasn’t getting huffy. Just trying to understand why so many people prefer this form of communication.

I don't get it either. In fact someone texted me the other day, no response texted me again r u ok with me? I text back i hate texing just fucking call me....Ok back to you amanda:D
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Wasn’t getting huffy. Just trying to understand why so many people prefer this form of communication.

I don't get it either. In fact someone texted me the other day, no response texted me again r u ok with me? I text back i hate texing just fucking call me....Ok back to you amanda:D

Oh STFU! I was checking on you to make sure you were still alive ya fat bastard! :D
Breathe out so I can breathe you in...

Oh STFU! I was checking on you to make sure you were still alive ya fat bastard! :D

sure sure. keep telling yourself that
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

sure sure. keep telling yourself that

Dont act like you dont like to text. How many damn texts did you send on your trip up North and what about that nasty Iraq woman's picture you sent me. I didnt ask for that shit. :S:D
Breathe out so I can breathe you in...

One thing nobody mentioned was that there are no international call charges on txt messages. My little sister lives in Vienna. I have friends all over the world and we can send each other messages all day long without it costing anything extra.
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

Thanantos, Some people use it when they don't get good reception. Text usually works in areas where talking doesn't.

So true. I don't get good reception at the DZ for talking, but i can txt with no problem.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Maybe I am finally showing my age.

yup.. it is you getting old and not adapting to modern comms methods... keypads? no problem.. practice and you can text nearly as fast as you type. ofc knowing the shorthand helps.

when you get old your habits get 'fixed' and learning a new skill seems like a chore...

solution: Dont Get Old. :)

You know you basically just asked to get text message from every person who has your cell phone number, right?

Dont bother me either way. But if they expect a response they will be disapointed.:P:D

Actually I wonder if I can set an Auto-responder to my Phone that just responds to all texts "I dont Text" and a Picture of my nuts?

In hindsight.. This was a REALLY bad idea.[:/]

I mean really bad. Ooops.

One thing nobody mentioned was that there are no international call charges on txt messages. My little sister lives in Vienna. I have friends all over the world and we can send each other messages all day long without it costing anything extra.

Depends on the carrier. AT&T charges me for international text messages. [:/]
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.