Thanatos340

text Messages. I dont get it.

I'm with you on this one. I had the text mssaging removed from my plan and I don't have an IM either . I feel the same way about emails. Them what works for me knows the rules. If you have a question - call. I will not have an email discourse when there's a phone on my desk and a cell on my hip. Email is for sending documentation and information. Phones are for conversations.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Phones are for conversations.

embrace the future my man!!!:D:D:P

it's funny most phones these days are basically a computer with a talk function. You can make your computer into a cell phone if you want these days, just might not be able to call everyone.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Maybe I am finally showing my age. I just don’t get this texting stuff at all.

I can see the use if you need to tell 5 people the same thing like "Meet for Dinner at 8:00" or something.. But people having conversations via txt just doesn’t make since to me. Why not just call them and ask whatever it is, Get an answer and be done???

I get several text messages every week, Almost never respond unless it is "call me" or I will just call them and answer their question.

What am I missing here? I don’t get why anyone would want to sit and try to type word on a little number pad. Someone please enlighten me.

I agree with you. Unless its a quick "how are you? or "meet you in 5 minutes" or something, its just so much easier to communicate via phone. I think texting takes up too much time and seems ridiculous as a way to have a more substantive conversation.

I think it really just a way for some men/women to avoid talking to the person. It is sad that nowadays we have reverted to talking on the phone or making plans just to see each other face to face.

Plus its dangerous when driving.

I feel the same way about emails. Them what works for me knows the rules. If you have a question - call. I will not have an email discourse when there's a phone on my desk and a cell on my hip.

I definitely see your point, However when I dealing with Clients, I prefer email because then you have a record of what was said.

Even if I just got of the phone with a Client, I will send an email summarizing what was discussed in the call just to make sure there are no misunderstandings or diagreements as to what was said.

I definitely see your point, However when I dealing with Clients, I prefer email because then you have a record of what was said. Even if I just got of the phone with a Client, I will send an email summarizing what was discussed in the call just to make sure there are no misunderstandings or diagreements as to what was said.

True. That falls into the "information" category and is just good business practice. I'm talking about when I get an email that says something like, "So, what do I tell them?" or "Why should I offer them this over that?" which would take me five minutes on the phone versus 30 minutes of typing a response as to this versus that :S
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

embrace the future my man!!!

To me, txt msg'ing is old stuff... Tried video conferencing with record function, yet? Coming to a PDA near you.

Maybe I am finally showing my age. I just don’t get this texting stuff at all.

I can see the use if you need to tell 5 people the same thing like "Meet for Dinner at 8:00" or something.. But people having conversations via txt just doesn’t make since to me. Why not just call them and ask whatever it is, Get an answer and be done???

I get several text messages every week, Almost never respond unless it is "call me" or I will just call them and answer their question.

What am I missing here? I don’t get why anyone would want to sit and try to type word on a little number pad. Someone please enlighten me.

Some people will get fired for talking on the phone at work . . . texting is accepted though.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

embrace the future my man!!!

To me, txt msg'ing is old stuff... Tried video conferencing with record function, yet? Coming to a PDA near you.

I agree. I was looking at a phone the other day that allows you to video conference, only of course if the other person has that function.

I was in an office the other day that has high def video conferencing. They had at least a 50 inch plasma at one end of the conference table. It was friggen awesome. I was on TV!!!!
Skymama's #2 stalker -

One point I didn't see mentioned (may have missed it) is the level of importance of the message. Perhaps you have something to tell someone, but it's not so important that you want them to stop what they're doing and talk to you but you do want them to get the message quickly.

Assuming that the recipient pretty much always has their phone on but isn't always sitting at their computer, then the difference between calling, texting, and e-mailing is that calling is quickest, e-mailing is slowest, and texting is in-between.

--Head
--
Turn off the internet! Join Citizens United Negating Technology For Life And People's Safety!

http://www.citizensunitednegatingtechnology.org/

I can't sit here at work and talk on the phone, but i can txt. Plus i hate talking on the phone anyway.

Then why not Email or IM where you have a full keyboard?? And it doesnt cost $.10 a message??

Dont get me wrong, I dont mind getting text messages, I just always think, why the hell didnt they just call me because there is no way I am typing an answer on this number pad.[:/]

Because you never answer your fucking phone.:D

My Cellphone is so old that It doesn't
Have Text Messaging..

Problem Solved!!:PB|

Is it as old as airtwardo? :o I didn't think anything could be THAT old.

:D:D

Probably one of those 5 pound phones the size of a football. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

so, what do you do when billy vance texts ya?

I was smart enough not to give HIM my number. No way I would ever want to get a Picture from him on my phone!!:D:D:D

>:(
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I spoke with him on the phone once..He sounded like he was trying to squeeze one out.

Well you sounded really drunk. Or maybe you just need a hearing aid yourself! :P

I agree. what the hell. They may as well just make a texting device and eliminate the phone for some people altogether. I've told my daughter this. She doesn't agree. I sure get tired of hearing her phone beep at her 500 times an hour. Then she screams about her phone bill. Get a clue.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.