drdiesel

My first rig, INFINITY!

Going to be ordering my 1st rig, an Infinity. I will be getting hip rings and stainless steel hardware, and Double wide leg webbing. I'm wondering if I should go with narrow or wide risers? I'll talk to my DZ operator about that one. Or if anyone has any input. Are there any other options that really make a difference? I might get a pillow reserve handle, but not really sure if I need to. Any opinions are welcome
---------------------
Twin Falls BASE Co.
208-423-8080
www.twinfallsbase.com

Congrats! Infinity containers rock.

What size parachutes are you getting? In most cases, I recommend mini risers (narrow). You can PM me for Q & A.

I also like to start new jumpers off with a D-Ring reserve handle. Nice and easy to grap. When/If you start freeflying, you may want to consider the soft reserve handle and use the d-ring as a back-up in case you ever toss your handles.

Freeflying has jumpers facing off with handles and harness face to face. So the opportunity to accidentally pull a d-ring presents itself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Check this thread about reserve handle options:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=718784#718784

Depending on how heavy you are, the wide risers make a lot of sense. Also, get the piping between the stripes on the main/top flap, they just don't look quite right without the piping.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

i love my infinity! seems very well constructed, customer service was above and beyond. i have the stainless ('cuz it's pretty), hip rings ('cuz it's comfy) and wide risers ('cuz bill booth says they're safer). not that mini risers are unsafe, but i feel more comfortable with the wide ones. i jump a 190 (soon to be 170), so the rig is a fair size and the wide risers don't look out of proportion. i can still pull the slider down over them if i want, it's just a little more work than if i had minis. on the plus side, i don't have to worry too much about the slider coming down too far and popping a brake due to the effort required to get it down that far.

the pic has been posted before, but i'll post it with the slightest provocation. B|
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

Going to be ordering my 1st rig, an Infinity. I will be getting hip rings and stainless steel hardware, and Double wide leg webbing. I'm wondering if I should go with narrow or wide risers? I'll talk to my DZ operator about that one. Or if anyone has any input. Are there any other options that really make a difference? I might get a pillow reserve handle, but not really sure if I need to. Any opinions are welcome

If you are a larger person, avoid the mini risers. If you are average size, they will be fine.

I highly recommend low profile metal reserve ripcord handles. I can't think of any situation where I would recommend a soft reserve handle.

For Great Deals on Gear

I recommend mini risers (narrow).

Im curious as to what the advantage is with the mini?

You could argue that resale value is better, and if pulling the slider down is important to you.

The decrease in cutaway forces with the wide risers is important to me.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

You could argue that resale value is better, and if pulling the slider down is important to you.

The width of the riser has nothing to do with the cutaway forces. The size of the rings does however.:)
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

The width of the riser has nothing to do with the cutaway forces. The size of the rings does however.:)

Of course that is what I meant, I suppose some have put large rings on mini risers.

Guest 1010
One thing I did with my new rig, that I like and don't see everywhere, is that my (main) risers are a different color than the reserve risers, which are black. Not a big deal but it makes it easier to tell them apart; I got the low-profile D-ring reserve handle. Infinitys are nice rigs, I put 45 jumps on them before my own rig arived.

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

Bunky,

Nice Inf! Hey, what's that red stain on the bottom??!! B|

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

:D i know i'll never sell it to an american, but i plan on wearing it out, not selling it.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

Excellent choice. I love my Infinity. It's just a great rig. I must have about 400 jumps on this one. I do recommend the D ring though. At least for now.B|
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

Thanks for your posts. I will be ordering it this Saturday. I hope to have it in about 6 weeks!
I am still unsure whether or not to get pillow or d-ring. I plan to do mostly freeflying from here on out, so i'm am leaning towards the pillow

thanks again everybody
---------------------
Twin Falls BASE Co.
208-423-8080
www.twinfallsbase.com

The pillow is actually a metal pipe covered with a thin layer of foam and is covered with cordura. It's very easy to grab. I tend to agree with the first reply you received though. The handle is really nice but I have a difficult time suggesting it right away.

That said if you are set on getting the pillow type do some live pulls and do it real time ... peel punch, peel punch and get a feel for how it works, you'll be better off. Everyone should do some live pulls no matter what kind of handle.

The other options you mentioned are the same ones on my rig. One option I'm not sure if you thought about is the chest strap. My personal preference is the wide type 8 chest strap.

Congratulations, you've made an outstanding rig choice.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I just got an Infinity, it’s beautiful.

Congrats, you’re going to love it.

Oh…by the way, wait till you get to pack that brand new rig, now that’s a lot of fun, oh yeah, I’d put it right up there with sticking needles in my eyes.

Enjoy :D