ACMESkydiver

Fitness Friends Post Your Efforts for March 21-27

Isn't it wonderful when the scale finally drops into the next lower "tens" digit?

I need to open this thread every morning! :ph34r:

I was going to 'sneak' a little piece of my blackberry cobbler that I made last night...but I suddenly have renewed will power. B|
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

A friend of mine won $1,000 yesterday for a biggest loser competition at work. He lost 20 lbs in 30 days. He won by one pound. His meals were fruit in the morning, then salads for lunch and dinner, and lots of water. His exercise was mainly walking his dog. It's nice to have a motivation like $1,000 to kick start a healthier lifestyleB|

A friend of mine won $1,000 yesterday for a biggest loser competition at work. He lost 20 lbs in 30 days. He won by one pound. His meals were fruit in the morning, then salads for lunch and dinner, and lots of water. His exercise was mainly walking his dog. It's nice to have a motivation like $1,000 to kick start a healthier lifestyleB|

Good for your friend, but isn't that a bit *unhealthy*, to lose that much weight in such a short time frame??? I thought a healthy weight loss was closer to 2 lbs/week? I don't know for sure though...:S

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Wow- I don't think there is anything healthy about the diet you described, or losing 20 pounds in 30 days- not unless he was under a doctor's supervision the whole time. Yikes!

(On the other hand, I could buy a lot of sessions with my trainer for $1,000.00 but he'd be a little upset when I passed out in the middle of a workout!)

Beth, you looked great when I saw you last. Keep up the good work. :)
I just bought a new Heart Rate Monitor to keep track of my running and walking. The price alone should motivate me.

I have registered for a 5K on May 5 (I'll earn those Cinco de Mayo margaritas) and the Peachtree 10K Road Race on July 4th. That'll help keep me motivated.

Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

I'm the opposite. I love working out now, and really miss it when I don't make it to the gym for a few days. But DAYUM........... I love to eat! :$ And I love to eat food that isn't good for me. But I am slowly getting back into mostly eating salads for lunch and cutting back on the candy and snacks and that really does help. Like Jaye, I've got a bit of a sugar addiction and once you start back to eating the junk, it can really snowball!

I love spinning classes but the instructors at my gym aren't very good. And I don't like the music.
They do a Walk Away class, too. It is treadmill walking like you've never done!
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

Well I think I owe beer for this one... my [] post in one of these threads.

Last Saturday I bought myself a road bike to try and get my fat ass in shape by commuting to work. Last year I rode my mountain bike to work 3 times the entire year, but it was such a POS that I gave up on it and started munching on Twinkies instead. But so far this week, I've done it 3 times and I look forward to doing it full time in the next few weeks when I get my stamina and muscles built up a bit. It's a 16mi route trip commute, but my fat ass has trouble going over the fucking bridges, so I hop on the light rail for the last two miles before work so I don't burn out. When I can do the first 6 miles without too much effort, then I'll tackle the hills. Goal is to ride 4-5 days a week to work, then begin stopping off at the gym on the way in and do some weight training. That's probably a good 3-4 weeks out as I want to tackle those fucking bridges first.

I got a long way to go. Sitting right under 230lbs right now, and my goal is sub-200 by the end of the year. Yay for me!!

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

They're doing a Biggest Loser competition at our gym and the prize is $500.

-20 pounds in a month is a lot, but if this guy was category 3 or 4 obese, and he was doing it the right way (getting his needed vitamins and nutrition including fat and protein) -I don't think it's necessarily too much in one month...for a person that weighs 140 and wants to weigh 120? Yeah, 20 pounds in a month is way too much and you can bet they're eating up their muscle tissue to find a number on a scale.

I know because I did the same thing in my younger and dumber days.

I hope he was like 130 pounds overweight at the time and those salads had some healthy fats and protein. B| I could get behind that.
~Jaye

Is it sick for biking 40 miles straight?

Yeah. :|

:P

Hey if you're in shape for it, good on ya! B| I think the most I ever did as a teen was about 15 miles. :)

My longest ever was probably about 70 miles, during the annual beach vacation. That was also the last time I took my bike down there. I had to detail the entire bike when I got back home to get all the salt off it. [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Well I think I owe beer for this one... my [] post in one of these threads.

Last Saturday I bought myself a road bike to try and get my fat ass in shape by commuting to work. Last year I rode my mountain bike to work 3 times the entire year, but it was such a POS that I gave up on it and started munching on Twinkies instead. But so far this week, I've done it 3 times and I look forward to doing it full time in the next few weeks when I get my stamina and muscles built up a bit. It's a 16mi route trip commute, but my fat ass has trouble going over the fucking bridges, so I hop on the light rail for the last two miles before work so I don't burn out. When I can do the first 6 miles without too much effort, then I'll tackle the hills. Goal is to ride 4-5 days a week to work, then begin stopping off at the gym on the way in and do some weight training. That's probably a good 3-4 weeks out as I want to tackle those fucking bridges first.

I got a long way to go. Sitting right under 230lbs right now, and my goal is sub-200 by the end of the year. Yay for me!!

Very doable, and great goal! B| I had a boyfriend in highschool that road his bike to school, to my house, and to work all the time...he was putting something like 45 miles a day if he did all 3 I'm guessing!
~Jaye

My latin cardio teacher is going to start offering that on a more regular basis too. She did one Hip Hop class last month and it was so much fun! Burned a LOT of calories too- at least 400 in one hour. (I've got one of those heart rate monitor watches that can track calories too!)

My gym is starting a new class called "Hip Hop Fitness" in a few weeks. I'm excited for it. :)

I did Hip Hop Abs today at lunch. I Did this hard Reebok plyometrics (sp??) and cardio tape yesterday. Eating pretty healthy yesterday and today...at least I'm not going out to eat like I did earlier this week! The weekends are always hardest for me, hopefully I can motivate to workout before I head to the DZ tomorrow.

I don't really diet, just try to eat relatively healthy and exercise.

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Don't sweat it, though-meeting me is worth the expense

Same here. It kinda irritates me when people at work refer to my eating habits as "dieting." I just choose to eat healthy food, it's a life choice, not a diet!! (sorry to take my frustrations out on you :P).

Tigra ~ woohoo, 400 calories an hour sounds good to me. I got bored with kickboxing class so i'm glad i have a new class to look forward to. I do like step class, but the times it's offered aren't convenient for me. [:/]

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Yeah, at least 400 calories and having a TON of fun while you are burning them. Sweating, yes, but dancing and laughing too. I can burn more on the elliptical but it isn't half as much fun.

Anyway, I hope your class is as much fun as mine was. I've got a really good teacher; I actually drive a bit out of my way just to take her classes.