Unstable

Hey College Kids - Pulled any all nighters lately?

It's been a while - I've forgotten what it's like. I'm curled up here in the Library with a bottle of water, some trail mix, a Rock Star Drink, and a numb feeling of dread over a 2 hour Engineering Physics Exam tomorrow.

So, any of YOu college kids pulled one of these lately? On what?
=========Shaun ==========

It's been a while - I've forgotten what it's like. I'm curled up here in the Library with a bottle of water, some trail mix, a Rock Star Drink, and a numb feeling of dread over a 2 hour Engineering Physics Exam tomorrow.

Last semester I pulled one before nearly every test. I've only done it a couple times this semester, most recently last week, researching the Pension Protection Act of 2006. I'm pretty sure I would have rather been studying Engineering Physics.

Edit: Most wouldn't consider me a kid anymore.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

I do it more often than I'd like.
looks like tonight might be one of those.

make sure you take a little nap before the test. even an hour can do wonders. but if you pulled an all-nighter, make sure you have 2 loud alarm clocks for your nap... it's amazing how deeply you can fall asleep when you're really tired.

Your Mom....... :o:o:D:D Man I kill myself. Sorry I havent studied in so long I think my brain turned to dust!
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

My standard is too skip all classes, never do any homework, then the day before the exam I read the book and stay up all night studying and take the test without any sleep beforehand. Usually I just do about 10 hours straight of reading/studying just before the test. I do this for 15 exams a semester + finals. Finals week usually means no sleep (none at all) and only studying for 72 hours or so.

I usually end up with the highest exam grades but pull a solid C+/B- in the class due to missed quizzes and homework. I learn more at work than I do at school so screw it.

I'm a mechanical engineering major btw.
A waddling elephant seal is the cutest thing in the entire world.
-TJ

Oh God, don't get me started on my experience... Although it's been 20 years, I still remember some of them. Stuck in the basement drafting room under the dorms trying to finish my architectural drafting project that I put off until the last night before it was due, and I was five 24" by 36" drawings short and they had to be drawn in ink on vellum. That was a motherfucker. B| Up at 7 am in the morning, full day of classes, then down to the basement all night, just barely finishing the last drawing with 10 minutes to spare, although it could have used a few more finishing touches, I said fuck it, it's good enough to get me at least a C! :D

Then I had 3 final exams that I had to cram for that morning after dropping off the fucking drawings. Wasn't done until 5 pm. Then it was off to the store to buy beer and pizza. Went to bed at 10 pm. Thank god I didn't have anything to do the next day because I slept from 10 pm that evening until 4 pm the next day!!! :D

I'm too fucking old to do an all nighter now, and the closest I came was staying up to 3 or 4 am at The Farm last December drinking around the bonfire.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I learned the hard way don't pull an all nighter for your public speaking class. B|

I drank a 2 liter of Mountain Dew that night so I could do my speech and practice it as it had to be at least 5 minutes. I used key words to jog my brain on my topics so I'd look at my audience and also I was way too lazy to write it all out. ;)

I practiced the speech, had the timing right, the video tape cued and ready.

When I got up to give the speech things were going fine until I got to about topic point 4. My brain shut off, I had no idea what that point meant. The brain link was broken. I panicked. I said the topic point a few times and then started bashing my head on the speaker podium and saying "shit, shit, shit." :D:D:D I leaned back against the wall and contemplated faking a heart attack. :D:D:D

I eventually skipped that point and finished the speech. I didn't go to that class for a few weeks. The professor came by and convinced me to come back to class and that it wasn't that bad. I think I ended up getting a "C" in the class basically out of pity. :)

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I'm on one right now but not due to school. My backpack was stolen in Bogota last week, and I got back to Venezuela today and realized the keys to my apartment were in it. I came by the office to grab the spare keys which were in an envelope, and the guys in the lab were swamped so I stayed to give a hand.

So at 1am I drove the guys home, went to my apartment and opened the envelope to find that all the keys aren't there, it's 1:30 and I'm locked out:S. I'm cleaning up some things in my lab and waiting till the cleaning lady goes in at 7:30 so I can borrow her keys to get some copies cut. It's been a lonnnnng dayB|

I got nuthin

Have fun!! I remember the EP days... I was a naive freshman who trusted her advisor when he said "You'll like this one better than general physics". I obviously didn't learn since I took the second semester of it too. I've never been more thankful for a B!!

Have fun!! I remember the EP days... I was a naive freshman who trusted her advisor when he said "You'll like this one better than general physics". I obviously didn't learn since I took the second semester of it too. I've never been more thankful for a B!!

I'd love a B. I got a nice big B in EP1, and I think if I hold where I am now with a little improvement in lab I'll get a B in EPII. Man, it sucks! I was in the Library until 6:30 this morning, then I came home, skipped my AM classes, and took a 3 hr power nap. On the last exam Dr. Law (you had him, right?) threw so many curve balls and I was grateful to stagger out with a 60-something. [:/]
=========Shaun ==========

I'd love a B. I got a nice big B in EP1, and I think if I hold where I am now with a little improvement in lab I'll get a B in EPII. Man, it sucks! I was in the Library until 6:30 this morning, then I came home, skipped my AM classes, and took a 3 hr power nap. On the last exam Dr. Law (you had him, right?) threw so many curve balls and I was grateful to stagger out with a 60-something. [:/]

Yeah, I got B's in EP I and II. I had Chakrabarti (not sure how you actually spell that) both semesters. I liked him - he made me enjoy the class even as I was failing a couple of the exams. Thank god for partial credit!!

I was a naive freshman who trusted her advisor when he said "You'll like this one better than general physics". I obviously didn't learn since I took the second semester of it too. I've never been more thankful for a B!!

What is the difference between the two classes?

In Florida we have College Physics and University Physics, the primary difference being University Physics utilizes Calculus, while College Physics requires only and understanding of Algebra and Trigonometry. The material is pretty much the same from what I've heard, although I've only taken the University Physics sequence.

I was a naive freshman who trusted her advisor when he said "You'll like this one better than general physics". I obviously didn't learn since I took the second semester of it too. I've never been more thankful for a B!!

What is the difference between the two classes?

In Florida we have College Physics and University Physics, the primary difference being University Physics utilizes Calculus, while College Physics requires only and understanding of Algebra and Trigonometry. The material is pretty much the same from what I've heard, although I've only taken the University Physics sequence.

How is it possible to actually understand the mathematical background of physics without calculus?

Seriously.
A waddling elephant seal is the cutest thing in the entire world.
-TJ

How is it possible to actually understand the mathematical background of physics without calculus?

Seriously.

For example: in place of dx/dt a formula would simply have v.