base_nz

Getting songs FROM an ipod???- mac

Ok.... Heres the thing. I have 1000's of tunes on my ipod and want to use them for editing.....

But you cannot take songs FROM the ipod TO the computer :S
There was a program i used for the pc a couple of years ago called winamp and just get an ipod plug in.
now i have a mac

Anyone have any ideas????? Just want to use aall those tunes ive spent so long collecting :S
.....And you thought Kiwis couldn't fly!!!!

Yea, kill iTunes and the ipod.

Use any other brand that will do the same thing for 1/3rd the price.

I'm guessing you need them NOW?
If not then download the songs to your computer Via CD/DVD/USB

I may be mistaking but I assume you have the songs loaded on A DIFFERENT computer since you got them into the iPod in the first place.
My photos

My Videos

On a slightly different note I have noticed that Itunes finds media on other computers that I am in a network with. Is there any way to import those songs to my computer?
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Yea, kill iTunes and the ipod.

Use any other brand that will do the same thing for 1/3rd the price.

I'm guessing you need them NOW?
If not then download the songs to your computer Via CD/DVD/USB

I may be mistaking but I assume you have the songs loaded on A DIFFERENT computer since you got them into the iPod in the first place.

Thats the thing.... I have had my ipod for about 4 years. in that time ive been through a couple of pcs and then all the traveling taking more from other peoples.

In the end i have nothing on my Mac and about 80 gig on my ipod.....[:/]

So i need to get them off my ipod onto my Mac ( or mates pc ) but
itunes wont let you take anything off the pod

So you can see my problem:(

Love my mac to death and the ipods lasred me for ages ...

JUST CANT USE MY MUSIC>:(

:$So any help would be appreciated.

Damn. Hopefully senuti works for you.

I never figured out how to grab music from others without deleting my library.

You can take music from any other computer

You just have to be CAREFULL! If you SINC your ipod all your music will be replaced with everything on the computer you are connected to.

On a slightly different note I have noticed that Itunes finds media on other computers that I am in a network with. Is there any way to import those songs to my computer?

I think ( not in a network myself)
Itunes
File
Import
Then go to the shared computer If you cant do it from there im not sure:)

I think ( not in a network myself)
Itunes
File
Import
Then go to the shared computer If you cant do it from there im not sure:)

I tried to import using Itunes.

I highlighted the songs I wanted. Used Shift command O, but it wouldn't import the songs :(
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I tried to import using Itunes.

I highlighted the songs I wanted. Used Shift command O, but it wouldn't import the songs :(

Why not just cut and paste them into a folder on you computer then import them into itiunes
I'm not familiar with MACS but i assume they have a file manager similar to Windows "My Computer"
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Plug in iPod. Don't let iTunes start. You may need to quit iTunes Helper via Activity Monitor. You want the iPod mounted in Finder, not iTunes.

In Finder's menubar:

Go -> Go to Folder…

/Volumes/Name_of_your_iPod/iPod_Control/Music/F00 that's Eff zero zero

Click Go (or press return or enter)

Select all of the files (they'll have strange names at this point, don't worry about that) in F00 folder and drag them to:
~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music ~ refers to your home folder

Go back to Finder's menubar: Go -> Go to folder…

/Volumes/Name_of_your_iPod/iPod_Control/Music/F01

Click Go (or press return or enter)

Drag the files to the iTunes Music folder. (if by chance there is a problem with another file of the same name already existing, you can create a folder within the iTunes Music folder for each F** folder on the iPod from which you are copying.

Repeat process, incrementing the F** folder name by one (i.e. F00, F01, F02, etc.), until Finder can't find the folder. The number of F** folders varies with iPod model (or perhaps the amount of music on the iPod, I'm not sure which).

When all the files are copied to the iTunes Music folder, eject the iPod, and start iTunes. Now, drag all the files from the iTunes Music folder in Finder into the iTunes application window's Library (top of left side panel). The songs should appear in your library with their proper names.

While you have the F** folders visible in finder, you may want to create an alias to each one and place it in the iPod's root directory, and a copy in your Music folder, as well. These will make it quick and easy to access your files without having to use the Go to Folder… option in Finder.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!