dropdeded

BodyWorlds Exhibit

I saw a documentary on TDC that they could not be sure where the bodies were coming from. I dont know if that was an old doc or not but they were in china investigating the origins of the bodies.

Many thought that they were bodies of criminals who did not leave cosent to use the remains for science.

anyone know anything about that?
My photos

My Videos

Yeah, I saw a show like that on 20/20 that definitely made me think of the exhibit in a whole new way, not favorably.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I googled/wiki'd it yesterday.

I think the bodies exhibit (as opposed to the body world) was the fishy one.

If I ever get the chane to see it again I am brining one of 2 things. (if not both)

1- Beef Jerky
2- An asian friend who will freak out when he sees one of them and tell everyone that is his relative.:D

My photos

My Videos

well, for me, when this life ends, it ends. sure, your energy may move on, but the body is dead. we donated my wifes body for research on CF. and if we can educate people, and stop the dumming down process of the general public, i'm all for it. my 10 cents. (due to inflation)

i am going to go see the show.

What's the IMAX called? I saw the one that went with BodyWorlds2 in Chicago, and I wasn't really impressed. I enjoyed the exhibit, but the show didn't do much for me, and I'm usually a big IMAX fan. I don't regret seeing it, but I certainly wouldn't pay to see it again. Not sure if it's the same as the one you're taking about.

I went to the first two BodyWorlds exhibits in L.A. We had tickets for the IMAX show for one of them, but we got caught in traffic on the way out there and missed the movie. I enjoyed the exhibits, but I probably won't go back for the third one since the first two didn't seem very different from each other.

I saw a documentary on TDC that they could not be sure where the bodies were coming from. I dont know if that was an old doc or not but they were in china investigating the origins of the bodies.

Many thought that they were bodies of criminals who did not leave cosent to use the remains for science.

anyone know anything about that?

Yes. The issue was not with the BodyWorlds show, but a copycat show that was around for a while after the first BodyWorlds. There are no issues with bodies or consent in the BodyWorlds shows. They've actually got way more bodies donated than they can use!

"Excluding a small number of specimens acquired from anatomical collections and anatomy programs, the plastinated specimens on display in Gunther von Hagens’ BODY WORLDS exhibitions stem from a unique Body Donation Program established in Heidelberg, Germany in 1982, later managed by the Institute for Plastination (IfP) established in 1993.

While other exhibits have revealed that they use unclaimed bodies or bodies that had been abandoned when found, Gunther von Hagens’ BODY WORLDS has never needed to seek bodies for the BODY WORLDS exhibits. Currently, the Institute for Plastination has a donor roster of 6.800 individuals which includes around 200 North Americans. The already deceased on the Institute for Plastination's donor roster number 350. All IfP documents relating to donated bodies have been scrutinized and approved by two ethics committees formed by the California Science Center in Los Angeles and the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago, where BODY WORLDS exhibitions took place in 2005. Gunther von Hagens’ BODY WORLDS declares categorically that it has never used unclaimed or found bodies, or bodies of executed Chinese prisoners, in its anatomical exhibitions of real human bodies."

Currently, the Institute for Plastination has a donor roster of 6.800 individuals which includes around 200 North Americans.

What happened to the rest of #7?:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

That was a very interesting exhibit. Really. Well worth the drive. I read a lot of anatomy books and crap, this was a completely different perspective, good stuff. As far as the IMAX movie, meh, looked like some Junior High school movie, a little too cheesy and generic....
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

That was a very interesting exhibit. Really. Well worth the drive. I read a lot of anatomy books and crap, this was a completely different perspective, good stuff. As far as the IMAX movie, meh, looked like some Junior High school movie, a little too cheesy and generic....

I went to the first exhibit in L.A. and it was excellent. Didn't do the IMAX thing.

Looking forward to seeing this one on Friday.

Thanks for the heads up. :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo