The_Don

The people you meet in this sport.

Ok, first of all, yes Marion, this is from your video. I really appreciate you being on that jump. The video has been shown to a million people. And it is way cool. My favorite jump ever.

Now for clarification on Don's story. I remember it a little differently. The winds were terrible and I was sent out to see if I survivied. If I lived, Don was going to jump. Needless to say, Don didn't go up that day.

All joking aside. Don titled this perfectly. The people you meet in this sport. Anyone who ever visits a drop zone knows that it takes a lot more than just a drop zone staff to get the job done. Every drop zone has people who naturally pick up the void. Don and Jean are those people. He is the first out in the field to shag a tandem. He is the first to jump in his pick up and get someone who went long on a spot, or a cut away. Jean is the first one to help out organizing stuff and lending a helping hand. As much as it sucked to break my heel, it proves to me what a great group of people are in this sport.
Maybe I will have another rug made and on my return jump, we can do a 4 way majic carpet ride. I like the idea. Or better yet, I will make a mat with a picture of my foot just after surgery all swollen and stuff and use that. Or maybe I will make a round mat so we can do a round.

All joking aside. Don titled this perfectly. The people you meet in this sport. Anyone who ever visits a drop zone knows that it takes a lot more than just a drop zone staff to get the job done. Every drop zone has people who naturally pick up the void. Don and Jean are those people. He is the first out in the field to shag a tandem. He is the first to jump in his pick up and get someone who went long on a spot, or a cut away. Jean is the first one to help out organizing stuff and lending a helping hand. As much as it sucked to break my heel, it proves to me what a great group of people are in this sport.

Here here, VERY WELL Said!!!!!

I rode out there with Don to collect you that day and I was commenting to him how he never comes to pick me up. He looks at me with this serious look and says, well look at you... enough said. :S:P;):D

I did mention though that I was glad to know that there were guys like him at the DZ and should I need a ride I know he'd give it to me.

If you've ever seen me lumbering around you'd know why I 'need' the walk back from landing out a little bit. :$

Don and Jean, love ya guys, you da bestest!!!

That is the greatest thing about this sport. There are people who really care and really make a difference. on another note, it is funny. In the skydive community if you make an error and get hurt or have a temporary stupid moment, you are talked about around the bonfire on how it should have been. However, I gotta tell ya, when asked what happened to your foot by a waitress or anyone else who is being nosey, and they find out it is a skydiving accident, it is like magnet city. All of a sudden the hot chicks that wouldn't give you the time of day are intrigued by your story. Hmmm, my advice to the people reading this thread. Go to the goodwill store and pick up a set of used crutches and an air cast and claim it as a skydiving incident. Instant introduction. (ok, I know I am married, sorry Doreen. But at my age, I have to take advantage of any situation.)

All joking aside. Don titled this perfectly. The people you meet in this sport. Anyone who ever visits a drop zone knows that it takes a lot more than just a drop zone staff to get the job done. Every drop zone has people who naturally pick up the void. Don and Jean are those people. He is the first out in the field to shag a tandem. He is the first to jump in his pick up and get someone who went long on a spot, or a cut away. Jean is the first one to help out organizing stuff and lending a helping hand. As much as it sucked to break my heel, it proves to me what a great group of people are in this sport. ***

I heartily agree. Don and Jean get my vote for the Good Samaritan Award. They seem to enjoy helping people almost more than skydiving.:)