ACMESkydiver

Let's Go, Fitness Kids! 90 Day Challenge...(& March 28-April 3 #'s)

Well I went out to Byron for the first time in months and was told that it is apparent I've lost weight :). I guess the hard work is paying off even if I'm stuck at a plateau now.

My goal for 90 days isn't really measurable, it would be to wear a bikini w/o shorts over them and feel comfortable.

Well I went out to Byron for the first time in months and was told that it is apparent I've lost weight :). I guess the hard work is paying off even if I'm stuck at a plateau now.

My goal for 90 days isn't really measurable, it would be to wear a bikini w/o shorts over them and feel comfortable.

Beth, I think you're gorgeous...just FYI :)
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

this weeks goal, increase treamill to 35mins 10 mins running on level 12, 15 mins on rowing machine on top level.
circuit work on lat pull downs, leg raise/ext. chest press, and seated row pull backs, shoulder press, tris/biceps and leg abductors.
then 10 mins abs
then stretching
The above is Mon Wed Fri workout, Tues day is 1 hour of Squash. thurday is geez i'm tired day.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Last year, a good friend at the DZ complimented me on my weight loss but expressed concern that I might lose my boobs. :S Gotta love skydivers! :P I can't speak for you, but although mine are slightly smaller, the rest of me is too and everything is still in proportion. I don't think my buddies at the DZ have much to worry about!

As far as the "challenge", part of me wants in and part of me thinks it goes against my whole "fitness philosophy" that's been working for me for the past 18 months or so. I'm just trying to implement long term positive changes in my diet and lifestyle so I can actually keep the weight off that I've already lost and continue to lose more because I'm really not where I want to be yet. SOOOOO ........ I know I need to lose more and I know I'm really going to need to make an effort to watch what I eat in order to do that. Anyway, I'm in for 12 pounds.

Last year, a good friend at the DZ complimented me on my weight loss but expressed concern that I might lose my boobs. :S Gotta love skydivers! :P I can't speak for you, but although mine are slightly smaller, the rest of me is too and everything is still in proportion. I don't think my buddies at the DZ have much to worry about!

As far as the "challenge", part of me wants in and part of me thinks it goes against my whole "fitness philosophy" that's been working for me for the past 18 months or so. I'm just trying to implement long term positive changes in my diet and lifestyle so I can actually keep the weight off that I've already lost and continue to lose more because I'm really not where I want to be yet. SOOOOO ........ I know I need to lose more and I know I'm really going to need to make an effort to watch what I eat in order to do that. Anyway, I'm in for 12 pounds.

I can understand that. The Biggest Loser thing at the gym is looking for #'s...I'm looking for a period of focus to show myself what I can do. B| If I do it right, after 90 days those will become habits. ;)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Last year, a good friend at the DZ complimented me on my weight loss but expressed concern that I might lose my boobs.

Mine went from a 38D to a 36C so far. So they're still a nice size. B|

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Well, I just tipped the scales at 207 a few minutes ago...

I'd like to see 190 by the time I take my AFF course May 5th, because I sure as hell wouldn't complain about a drop in fall rate....wingloading, yes, fallrate, no. I know it is a lofty goal but I think that it is a reasonable one with truly devoted cardio workout.

In the end I really don't care about a number for my weight. I am going to go get my body fat checked tomorrow and will post that up.

I have not had a schedule conducive to fitness the last two months, but have managed to maintain around 205, with a slight breakdown here recently.

So... 4/1/08 --> 5/5/08

Current weight: 207
Target Weight: 190
Current BF%: Unk
Target BF%: -1%

We'll see where I go from here, and if I have the willpower to stick with it.B|

Last year, a good friend at the DZ complimented me on my weight loss but expressed concern that I might lose my boobs.

Mine went from a 38D to a 36C so far. So they're still a nice size. B|
You all need to exercise while hanging upside down.:|
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

WW is here at my work so I joined. In the 8 weeks so far I have lost a whopping 5 lbs. Ticks me off!

Why? Cause I have every excuse in the book not to exercise. I was doing great. Then my folks came to visit and all the overeating happened. Then I got sick. That lasted a couple of weeks. Then I went on a road trip. Then I ended up with pneumonia!

What the heck? :S

I am finally just about over the pneumonia and can at the very least start walking. I've got my pedometer on and my goal for the first week is 7000 steps a day.

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

I had a really intense leg/ lower body workout with my trainer Tuesday night. My a** is still sore- lots of lunges and squats. Every time I sit, stand or walk, I feel it! By the time he's done with me, I might just have the nicest bootie in the midwest! :P

I'm back to my normal workouts again and spicing them up with the help of Men's Fitness mag. I have started jump-roping again and playing bball...so that helps and I love it.

I talked to a few of the trainers at my gym as we had free body fat testing again 2 weeks ago and we compared it to my results from december. They told me that I was so concerned about losing weight, that I'm not really looking at my BF%, Fat Free Mass vs. Fat mass and such.

Looks like I've been losing body fat (as my %'s have gone down in all of my extremities) but that that lost body fat gets turned to muscle. So even though it may not show me losing weight, doesn't meant that I'm not losing body fat.

Which makes sense.....at least to me....

From my readings that day. I am down to 18.3% from 21.2%. My Fat Free Mass is 212 lbs and I have 38 lbs of fat on me...

So its getting better and thats what I like to see....
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

WW is here at my work so I joined. In the 8 weeks so far I have lost a whopping 5 lbs. Ticks me off!

Why? Cause I have every excuse in the book not to exercise. I was doing great. Then my folks came to visit and all the overeating happened. Then I got sick. That lasted a couple of weeks. Then I went on a road trip. Then I ended up with pneumonia!

What the heck? :S

I am finally just about over the pneumonia and can at the very least start walking. I've got my pedometer on and my goal for the first week is 7000 steps a day.

Geez! Pneumonia? That sucks. :(

I keep hearing over and over again that many times weight will just hang on for weeks until *poof*! Suddenly it just starts falling off. :)
I'm thinking that perhaps your body was holding on to whatever weight it could to keep you from succumbing to the sickies?
~Jaye

Im kinda a slacker so I dont set goal, but since Jan 1 i have dropped about 17lbs which was all on my gut. The abs are starting to show through the flab again, and the ladies are nice enough to comment.

Due mainly to my change in diet: smaller portions, almost no meat (steak is still damn yummie tho), regular(3 or so per week) 1.5 mile run/walk, and not being so lazy when I get home. Instead of loggin on here and watchin TV all night I cook, clean, work on the house, etc.

5 or so more pounds and I'll be happy. B|
its the eating that gets me. It would only take a few days of eating huge meals to fall right back in the routine.

Oh and I keep healthy snacks around and refuse to keep junk around. Snacks include: edemame, fruit, yogurt, cheese, whole wheat breads/wraps, etc.

Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I'm not doing any measuring. But, I have accomplished a few things this week. I did a 5 mile hike in Yosemite on Sunday. I did another mile hike on Monday. A 1 1/2 mile hike at the Indian Grinding Rocks yesterday and will do another 1 1/2 mile hike tomorrow. I'm feeling more fit already.:)

Im kinda a slacker so I dont set goal, but since Jan 1 i have dropped about 17lbs which was all on my gut. The abs are starting to show through the flab again, and the ladies are nice enough to comment.

Due mainly to my change in diet: smaller portions, almost no meat (steak is still damn yummie tho), regular(3 or so per week) 1.5 mile run/walk, and not being so lazy when I get home. Instead of loggin on here and watchin TV all night I cook, clean, work on the house, etc.

5 or so more pounds and I'll be happy. B|
its the eating that gets me. It would only take a few days of eating huge meals to fall right back in the routine.

Oh and I keep healthy snacks around and refuse to keep junk around. Snacks include: edemame, fruit, yogurt, cheese, whole wheat breads/wraps, etc.

I know about one junkie meal ruining your effort. Believe me I'm right there with ya...

Congrats on losing the 17 pounds, the new eating/activity habits, and ....and well, being able to pronounce 'edemame'. :| I assume since you have the stuff, apparently eat it, and posted about it, that you know how to pronounce that fancy word.

I, on the other hand, don't have a clue as to what it is, how you pronounce it, or why it would be preferable to a Twinkie or Ho-ho. :)
~Jaye

(pssst... Jaye ... it's soybeans)

Ohhhh!!! :)

I got on here tonight to post my WORKOUT NUMBERS!!! Woo-hoo!!! I am UN-sick! B|

I did the full lower body workout from my lil' work book thingy (Joyce Vedral's original 'Bottoms Up' workout) and I did some extra crunches on the ball...and a smidge of exercycle whilest waiting for the Sprout and my nephew to finish wrestling practice (that would be 'wrastlin' ' for you southerners B|)

I was already sore only 1/2 way through...nearly fell over from muscle failure after doing my last set of squats (Gawd if that wasn't embarrassing to about fall down in front of a room full of wrestlers and MMA guys. :$:$:$)
~Jaye