ACMESkydiver

Let's Go, Fitness Kids! 90 Day Challenge...(& March 28-April 3 #'s)

So my gym is doing the 90 day Biggest Loser contest, which the prize is $500.

Problem is, they're charging $199 to join the contest. :S Uh, yeah right...:D

Anyhoo, it wasn't gonna be worth it for me because they were talking about nutrition seminars and I already know what I'm supposed to eat and have a plan set out (it's just following it!! :S:S). But I took my own weight on my own yesterday, and I'm doin' ma OWN 90 day run. B|

I'm setting my 90 day goal for 30 pounds. That's 10 pounds per month, 2.5 per week. It's on the high side, but I have a lot of weight to go so it is not out of range for what would be good for me.

I'm getting over the last bit of this stupid ol' cold, and I'm ready to go for it!! B| Anyone else wanna set a 90 day goal? :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

ok I am in,
but for different results
my weight loss is not that much, but it';s always the last 10-20lbs that take forever.
My goal is to be leaner and fit into my size 33 jeans with out muffin tops.
But more importantly to raise my fittness level substantially (not sure how to gausge it yet).
but my weight is currently 83kg (x2.2lb/kg) 182lbs goal weight 165-170lbs
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

But more importantly to raise my fittness level substantially (not sure how to gausge it yet).

If you belong to a gym, many of them have cardio equipment that has a self 'fit test' mode. I know that's the first thing I did at my gym -fit test on the bike. It showed me where my cardio level was (poopie :$).

If you're looking to lose inches it might help to take some measurements around the belly, upper arms, thighs, etc...I'm not a personal trainer; that's just what I see them doing the most. :)
Just imagine where we'll be in 90 days...I know I'm looking at this cute pair of girlie jean overalls in my closet that I'll fit into in 30 pounds (I bought them just to motivate me to drop this weight) I don't care if nobody wears overalls any more, I WILL and look fabulous! :D

I'll even tell my hubby my size at that point and have him order me a teddy from Frederick's...:) ()
~Jaye

Ok, I'm in. I'm thin, but not fit. My goals are to get my resting heart rate to an athletic rate (currently 104) and to rid my bottom of cellulite. This weekend, I'll be doing a few mile hike/snowshoe at Yosemite. I prefer outdoor stuff to the gym. I'm committing to pilates three times per week and outdoor aerobics/walking/hiking/running/swimming at least three times per week.

i used to be a fitness trainer before skydiving took all my weekends :ph34r::ph34r: but i stacked on 15kg at my heaviest, i have lost 5kg and need to lose another 8ish kg.

when i said i wasn't sure how to gauge my improved fitness i was referring to what method i will use.
probably something easy like time spent on elliptical or treadmill at running levels.
I currently do, treadmill (or elliptical) for 20 mins followed by rowing machine for 10 mins then weight circuit followed by Abs and stretching. I'll increase my cardio by 5 mins per week i think, then settle at 60 mins cardio 3 times per week plus Squash, 1-2 times per week.

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Ok, I'm in. I'm thin, but not fit. My goals are to get my resting heart rate to an athletic rate (currently 104) and to rid my bottom of cellulite. This weekend, I'll be doing a few mile hike/snowshoe at Yosemite. I prefer outdoor stuff to the gym. I'm committing to pilates three times per week and outdoor aerobics/walking/hiking/running/swimming at least three times per week.

Sounds like a good plan! I'm going to have to think about mine...I think I'll commit to classes at the gym for 5 days per week, then I'll make myself do something different at home for the weekend. B|
~Jaye

i used to be a fitness trainer before skydiving took all my weekends

Oh hell then I got nothin'. :$:P
that was over 5 years ago, and now i am nearly 45 it bloody hard work just getting to the gym now:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: It seems to l\take a lot longer to get my fitness level up and it seems to drop way down VERY fast now too.>:(
My motivation is that in December (19th) i start a 12 month "around the World" backpacking tour, my present level of fitness is not going to get me there:ph34r::ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

i used to be a fitness trainer before skydiving took all my weekends

Oh hell then I got nothin'. :$:P
that was over 5 years ago, and now i am nearly 45 it bloody hard work just getting to the gym now:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: It seems to l\take a lot longer to get my fitness level up and it seems to drop way down VERY fast now too.>:(
My motivation is that in December (19th) i start a 12 month "around the World" backpacking tour, my present level of fitness is not going to get me there:ph34r::ph34r:

Just look at Sly. He's ancient and still huge (don't wanna know his HGH dosage though) so 45 can't stop you.

Just look at Sly. He's ancient and still huge (don't wanna know his HGH dosage though) so 45 can't stop you.

Oh trust me it's not going to stop me, it just takes a little more motivation to get my flabby arse in gear B|
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

You know i'm in!! I'll give myself a goal of 20lbs. But more importantly i'd like to go down 2 clothing sizes. I still go to the gym 5-6 times a week, but my eating habits have not been the best lately....stupid pop tart addiction...:P

The Hip Hop Hustle classes start in a few weeks so i do have that to look forward to. I'm still doing weight training a few times a week, and i've bumped up the speed i walk on the treadmill. Overall i'm doing good, but can definitely do better.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I did a 3 week 'fitness study' at the local gym.

I lost 4 more pounds, 15 inches (across 6 points of measurement) and 0.7% bodyfat.

It is spring, it is too pretty to be indoors so I am taking my fitness outside. I have big plans in June and am taking on a big project in May which could challenge my time management but I like the changes so far!

The gym was nice the first week, but after that the SAME machines, SAME music and no windows to see out got old - there are mountains to climb, rocks to scale....and rapids to tame :P

Life is not fair and there are no guarantees...

I'm in for 15 pounds down. Trying to add in some more exercise, but that's going to depend on if I can change around stuff that's already scheduled, so I don't want to set that as a firm goal yet.

5 pounds a month -you can do it! B|
~Jaye

I'll jump in to this one, since I was 223 pounds on the doctor's scale the other day...Yikes!

I think my ideal is around 180 or so - probably not going to lose 43 pounds in 90 days, but I'll put myself down for at least 20.

I'm about 5'9'', and stocky already, so I'm going to have to really increase the cardio, and stick with low-weight, high-rep training. Does that sound correct?
T.I.N.S.

You know i'm in!! I'll give myself a goal of 20lbs. But more importantly i'd like to go down 2 clothing sizes. I still go to the gym 5-6 times a week, but my eating habits have not been the best lately....stupid pop tart addiction...:P

The Hip Hop Hustle classes start in a few weeks so i do have that to look forward to. I'm still doing weight training a few times a week, and i've bumped up the speed i walk on the treadmill. Overall i'm doing good, but can definitely do better.

Woo-hoo!!! Go Sunny! :)
~Jaye

I'm in. I am like Squeak: I want to lose a few inches around my waist. total weight loss isn't so important.

trouble is, now I have to cut way back on my beer consumption. that's where it all came from.:|

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I'll jump in to this one, since I was 223 pounds on the doctor's scale the other day...Yikes!

I think my ideal is around 180 or so - probably not going to lose 43 pounds in 90 days, but I'll put myself down for at least 20.

I'm about 5'9'', and stocky already, so I'm going to have to really increase the cardio, and stick with low-weight, high-rep training. Does that sound correct?

Sounds good to me, but again I'm not a personal trainer. :$
~Jaye

Sounds good to me, but again I'm not a personal trainer. :$
low weight high reps is good, but be carefull with the cardio work, if you work it too hard you will be training in the CARIO zone (good for fitness) not in the FAT BYRN zone.
The training zone for fat burning is substanially lower thant the Cardio rate.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I went to my home dz for the first time in about 6 weeks. One guy asked me how much weight I had lost. I said about 13 pounds. He replied, "I can tell, your boobies got smaller." Sigh...skydivers!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Okay I'm in!!! I've been sick for the last 2 weeks, and haven't done much (thus no updates on the weekly workout stuff)...

Anyway, my goals... ummm... I guess I'm gonna go with less fat, more muscle. I'll say i want to be 2 sizes down in clothing, or maybe more like 1.5.... but well we got what I mean. Okay... I'm in...

I'll eat healthy (or healthier), more gym runs, more outdoor activitiy... less bad food...

What the heck! I'm sure you guys will help motivate me to be good :D

or quazi good anyway ;)

CReW Skies,
bubbles

"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

I went to my home dz for the first time in about 6 weeks. One guy asked me how much weight I had lost. I said about 13 pounds. He replied, "I can tell, your boobies got smaller." Sigh...skydivers!

I think that's just men in general. :D:P

Congratulations on losing 13 pounds. :)
~Jaye

Goal:
1. Destroy myself, and rebuild a less puny version of myself.

I plan to do this by pushing myself far beyond my current mental and physical limits. I want to see how far I can go before I break. Plus, I'd like to be able to take my shirt off and have a girl whistle at me this summer.:$

Each week will consist of biking at least 10 miles a day, swimming for an hour, and/or weight training. Also, depending on how lazy I am, I will run 2-3 miles with the express purpose of prepping for a marathon, and lowering my mile time to 7:00. My ballroom dance class will be used for either warmups or cool downs prior or post beat down. Every Saturday will be a minimum of 40 miles on the bike using the same route that is planned for the Ironman Arizona. (I'm already doing this)

I usually can do this for about 4 months before I break, let's see if I can go longer. I think there is something really wrong with me.:S

"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes