Unstable

Did you ever cheat on an Exam?

This is open for anyone who has ever been through High School or College. I'm hoping to keep in fun and anonymous, so only post if you are comfortable.

This thread was brought on by a discussion I'm having with a DZ.comer over PM, we've got a wager on the outcomes if more than 50 people vote.

Me? Unfortunately, I did a few times in High School. Well, I was a Freshman in High School taking General Physics I at a local University. I was 14 at the time, not really understanding the impact of what was happening, and I 'helped' a friend of mine with ADD along more than I should have. It makes me cringe the risk I took without even realizing it, and it took me a year or two after it to have the maturity to realize how stoopid I was. Now (almost over 8 years later) just makes me sick. [:/]

Post anonymously your reply, I'm curious how this'll turn out!
=========Shaun ==========

In 7th or 8th grade, I helped a girl (one of the popular ones... you know, that everyone tries to be friends with) during a computer exam. We got caught. I actually was chastised more by Sr. Luicille Marie than she was. >:( SHE copied MY work... I knew the stuff! Why did I get more of the lecture! Anyway... that girl went on to be a computer engineer. :D:D

I went into Kindergarten not knowing my A-B-C's, if you can believe that. While writing them down for a test I snuck a peek at the wall chart to see how to spell that long letter in the middle of the song. You know, the letter "ellameno", right before "P". Soon after, I learned to read, and have not needed to cheat on an exam since.

I still don't know how I got an "A" in trig in high school, though. Must have been the positive power of cramming, because I can't remember a shred of it today.:S

So Kay, you went to school with nuns? Did you wear the plaid skirt? ;)

No I didn't. Once I tried... but I got too nervous and thought i'd be caught. So I threw out the info I had, and took the exam on my own. I couldn't get away with something like that. I was too honest, and felt WAY TOO Guilty!!! [:/]:S[:/]

CReW Skies,
bubbles

"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Once... it was Latin, for fucks sake. Not like I'm ever going to use it in every day life. I never have. The exam was to translate a paragraph from Latin to English, and a classmate just happened to steal the answer from an earlier class. He gave it to me, and I walked in the empty classroom with just enough time to copy it in pencil on the desk lightly enough that it wasn't noticable to a passing teacher.

I made sure to include an error or two so that I didn't get a perfect score. ;)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I made sure to include an error or two so that I didn't get a perfect score.

Smart move.

Ever seen a copyright trap in a solutions manual? I have a student solutions manual for one of my engineering classes, and the stoopid thing is full of them: Intentional Errors or crazy methodology put in there just to nab those that copy straight out. What scares me is last week they booted 15 kids out of a 50-person class because they all had the wrong answer that was in the Manual. That just pisses me off - those things are there to HELP students with a problem WHEN they get stuck. I guess you just can't get stuck on the wrong problems....:|

I think that is the only time I think I can justify academic 'dishonesty'.
=========Shaun ==========

i knew every trick in the book. I coulda written the book on how to cheat!!! High School (got me straight A's) and in College (graduated with honors, dishonorably). But when it came time for the MCAT's... well, I guess that's why I'm not a Dr. today. Couldn't cheat on 'em!! The scores proved I didn't know a damn thing, and my BS in Biology doesn't really mean anything.

bottom line: not worth it. What's on paper doesn't represent what's in your head. Or does it?

[:/]

PMS #165 Swooo #613 CSA #687

I used to cheat a lot in HS, mainly because I was lazy. I used to wear skirts and write answers on my leg :$
Didn't do well in HS, took some time off, and came to college...never cheated, and I'm about to graduate with honors. I probably never needed to cheat in the first place, but it was easier!! :)