VanillaSkyGirl

Travel ideas?

Sure, but I'm not liable if and when you lose your turn. :D:P

Ooooh go Quebec in May. It's their 100th anniversary this year.

Why don't you just go to the police station in a red clown suit and let everybody know what we're doing here?

I have a phobia for moobs. Thanks, youknowwhoyouare.

Go to Peru....I have been there on 2 medical mission trips that combined both work and fun. Machu Picchu is worth seeing. This link is to friends of mine who live down there and do the travel plans for folks. Very nice people. Only drawback to traveiling outside the US is that the dollar doesn't get very far. This past trip (got back a couple weeks ago) was the first time I had been in Latin America where the locals actually did not want dollars!

http://www.viajesdoro.com/english/english.html

I would say Australia as it's absolutely fantastic but August is the middle of winter and definitely the worst time to come...
I'm from Thailand and whilst Southeast Asia is awesome, if you really want somewhere exotic and different - go to India. You have the beach life in Goa and the Himalayas.. cheap shopping, good food and it is an absolute mind trip and culture shock.

Cora and I flew to Queenstown, NZ early last year, and I've not stopped thinking about that trip ever since. There is so much beautiful scenery on South Island, and so much to do that you'll likely not be able to do/see it all. And the people are all so nice. I'd go back there to live if I could get a job there.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

I would say Australia as it's absolutely fantastic but August is the middle of winter and definitely the worst time to come....

Kirrz augest is not at all a bad time to come to OZ, winter down south is cold and wet but august is at the end of winter and anything north of sydney is not bad at all.
Head to the tropics and you are in the dry season which is WAY better than the Wet in the north:ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Consider talking to your dad about medical missions. :)

Karen, I've beat you to this. During the last 1/2 year, I've been seriously thinking about helping on medical missions, but with two jobs and graduate school, I haven't had the time to travel. About two or three months ago, I even approached my father about doing a father/daughter medical mission. My father goes on medical missions all the time, so we will eventually be doing this, perhaps within the next couple of years. My mother also thinks that it's a wonderful idea. (We just need to coordinate our schedules!)

For now, I want a vacation, where I can perhaps relax and enjoy traveling/exploring for the sake of traveling...

I've been interested in visiting all of those places, which you've mentioned...great choices! I will definitely travel someday to Egypt, Morrocco and perhaps also, Turkey and Romania. :)
For everyone else, I've traveled to various parts of Peru many times. (I was born in Peru & we have a beach home there). I've been to France (several times), Spain, England, Italy, Germany, Canada, India, Peru, Mexico, Singapore, Costa Rica and more. I used to live in New York, and I've traveled throughout the United States, although it would be great to do some more traveling.

Btw, I am scuba (advanced) certified, although I'm terribly uncurrent. It's been 12 years, so I will definitely need classes. I might not have the time to travel now, until the fall. Thanks for all of the travel ideas, everyone...I'm still in the early brainstorming stage! :)