psipike02

I need some names...

Ok, so some of you may remember me asking about where to go to get my Ball Python and such a LONG time ago (well not that long)..

Well the time has come and I will be getting him/her next week.

I promise to take pics and post them, but in the mean time I need ideas on sweet ass names....I already have some from my (non skydiving) friends and I'm asking you guys too...

So I need female and male names....give me what ya got B|
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

Ok, so some of you may remember me asking about where to go to get my Ball Python and such a LONG time ago (well not that long)..

I promise to take pics and post them, but in the mean time I need ideas on sweet ass names....I already have some from my (non skydiving) friends and I'm asking you guys too...

The obvious of course -- Monty!

B|B|
'Shell

B|B|

Going to be hard to top that one! :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

B|B|

Going to be hard to top that one! :D

Waaaaay overdone, and extremey cliche.

Our Ball Python never got named. My husband likes the name "stains".

Jeff.

I think it's hilarious when people name pets regular ol' human names. Like a parrot named Frank, or a cat named Martha, or somethin' like that. :ph34r:

Oh! Even better: 'Mikey'. Yes Mikey the snake would be great. :)
Edit to add: and it's even better if it's the wrong gender. 'Bryan the dog' was a girl. :ph34r:

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Why do you need both male and female names? Don't you know what you getting?

I have a female on hold right now.

However i did want a male and they are a bunch coming in from being hatched in January or so. So i may go through them and find a male I like.

Or I may just get a male and female or 2 males or 2 females...

So to answer your question....yes and no....it'll depend on how I feel. The female has taken a liking to me though :)

----Hellfish #707----

Call him teste(Testee) - he is a Ball Python . . . :ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Not so obvious -- Stabler. :)Don

That's funny, I have a few friends who are also Alabama football fans who have had snakes named after Ken "the snake" Stabler. ;)

He got the nickname in a game against Auburn. Trailing 3-0 in a game that was mired by a horrendous rain, Stabler scampered around right end for a 47-yard touchdown run, giving the Tide a 7-3 victory over hated rival Auburn. This run has been dubbed, "The Run in the Mud" in Alabama football lore.

Thus ends the brief history lesson. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Are you sure it's a female?

I've been working as a vet tech now for almost two years, and not one time has an owner come in and told us the right sex of any reptitle.

What ever you do, do not put live food in the tank with the snake. We have had two Ball Pythons come in over the last two weeks, and the mouse had attacked the snakes and they were not in good shape. The problem with putting live food in the tank with the snake, is that in the wild if the snake missed the strike, the mouse would get away, but in a tank, they are trapped together and the mouse can turn ugly on a snake. Just some thing to think about, it will save you money in vet bills.

Have a good reptile veterinarian conduct a stool check for parasites.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Are you sure it's a female?

I've been working as a vet tech now for almost two years, and not one time has an owner come in and told us the right sex of any reptitle.

What ever you do, do not put live food in the tank with the snake. We have had two Ball Pythons come in over the last two weeks, and the mouse had attacked the snakes and they were not in good shape. The problem with putting live food in the tank with the snake, is that in the wild if the snake missed the strike, the mouse would get away, but in a tank, they are trapped together and the mouse can turn ugly on a snake. Just some thing to think about, it will save you money in vet bills.

Have a good reptile veterinarian conduct a stool check for parasites.

Yes I'm sure. The breeder I'm getting it from has been doing it for 20 years, so I trust he knows his shit.

Thanks for the advice, but i've been doing EXTENSIVE research on what to do and what not to do as far as caring, feeding, temperature gradients, etc. are concerned. Plus I knew that from my friend telling me the same thing as far as not feeding it in the same tank. Plus I dont want him or her to attribute my hand with food everytime I go to handle it.

The breeder has a vet on site that checks them and doesn't sell snakes that are sick or have parasites. But they don't have parasites as they are all captive bred. The stool check is already done with him and the other vet as well and they have the health history of each snake on record so that you can verify as well.

TO everyone that sent names, thank you so far....I will make a list of the ones I like and probably do another poll in the next few days, if the mods allow it :)

----Hellfish #707----