JumpHog

Rock Chalk Jayhawk... KU!!!!

This is why I don't almost never bet on sports. :D

I had Memphis going all the way in my bracket and they made 1 out of their final 4 free throws near the end of regulation and couldn't close the deal?

Memphis choked big time. Big time. Kudos to Kansas for never giving up. They earned this one.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Ya know.... I did my residency at KU and never would have guessed that our team would make it to be the National Champions.

(but while I was doing my residency, I was a bit more interested in things other than sports.... like surviving residency)

Mass St was nuts last night as well as Saturday night as well as the previous weekend when we made it into the Final Four.

Awesome game last night.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

Memphis choked big time. Big time.

Yep. MEmphis gave it to them. GAVE IT!

How do you let a guy take that open three at the end? Foul him and make him sink 3 freethrows.

Speaking of freethrows - hey, Memphis - make some.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

My observations:

Why did Cole sit last night when he was a monster on Saturday? Self should have let the kid play a couple of minutes as a reward. That would pay off in the future.

Last couple of minutes, KU seemed to be ball watching on O rather than executing; nothing was moving off-ball.

Memphis misses the free throws and KU does not block out so Tigers hit the boards and come up with it twice?!?

Chalmers executed the WKY cardiac three. That was fantastic. I could hear Old Town in Wichita erupt from my house; or maybe that was Allen Field house going that crazy!:D

I had KU B|to win it all but a Texas-KU final. KU & NC were the only thing left going into my 4 bracket.

Last night was just a reaffirmation of my love of college basketball and proof that the pro game has nothing left to watch.

It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

I had KU B|to win it all but a Texas-KU final. KU & NC were the only thing left going into my 4 bracket.

My final four bracket was pretty much busted. I had Memphis, Georgetown, North Carolina and UCLA. Three out of four aint bad, but had Memphis and North Carolina in the championship with Memphis winning it all.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Its been about 3 years since I had a 'real' boyfriend...and March Madness really means something to me now. I have listened to games on the radio while driving ; I've been taken to sports bars thinking we're just 'going for a drink'; I've gone to the bathroom in MY own house only to come back to find the new episode of LOST is gone and there's some obscure channel found (well, obscure to my remote anyway); had to dress up like a french fry to get attention and run scales on the piano when there is a scroll going on under the news.

Okay..the french fry outfit is exaggeration. And I tivo LOST cause I can't always catch little nuances on the first take. Last night there was the silent understanding that he stay at his place and I stay at mine and I watched 'The Scent of a Woman' and just really had a good time (tivo'd THAT too!), but I caught the last 3 mins of the game and called 'him' and he answered the phone with Rock Chalk JAYHAWK!!!!

....and thats good energy. Nice to see a lot of people happy!
Questions:
Rock= 'we rock'
Chalk='we learn/we're smart'?
Jayhak=the Team...no question there.
~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

I always wondered too.

From Wikipedia --

" The chant was first adopted by the university's science club in 1886. Chemistry professor E.H.S. Bailey and his colleagues were returning by train to Lawrence after a conference. During their travel, they discussed a need of a rousing yell. They came up with "Rah, Rah, Jayhawk, KU", repeated three times. "Rock Chalk"—a transposition of chalk rock, a mineral that exists in western Kansas and similar to the coccolith found in the white cliffs of Dover—later replaced the two "rahs", after an English professor's suggestion.[1] "

Just proves Midwesterners aren't particularly known for their creativity. :)

Don

"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Just proves Midwesterners aren't particularly known for their creativity. :)

Don

Don.
First mistake was getting info from wiki-

then to say that midwesterners are not known for creativty.. come on man.
the next time you climb in the cessna at the dz just think about that creativeness.
Cessna, made in kansas!
kansas is considered to most to be the home of avaiation, and you think midwest people are non creative! shame on you!
www.greenboxphotography.com

This is why I don't almost never bet on sports. :D

I had Memphis going all the way in my bracket and they made 1 out of their final 4 free throws near the end of regulation and couldn't close the deal?

Memphis choked big time. Big time. Kudos to Kansas for never giving up. They earned this one.

GO KU!!!! I had Kansas going all the way and won my bracket!!! WOOOO!!!!!!!
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

No offense meant towards any irate Midwesterners. I love Cessnas !

Don

Kansas IS NOT in the Midwest. It's in the Great Plains. Someone from Kansas come get my back here 'cause I'm a displaced Texan.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

I would say that kasnas is the mid way point to the west coast of the us making us, well Midwest!
The most east part of the state has us 69, it is the scenic military highway that used to be the edge of the frontier as the states moved west, I would say thats a pretty good cut off point from East to west.
I am from Kansas and have always called this the midwest as most people that are from here do as well.
Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com

I would say that kasnas is the mid way point to the west coast of the us making us, well Midwest!

It's all in a state of flux anyway. Two hundred years ago, Michigan was considered the West. Two hundred years from now, after we invade China, Kansas will be considered the Near East.

And I'll still mean no disrespect towards them, no matter what they call themselves. :)

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."