OrangeJumper

THE MANSHRINE HAS ARRIVED!!!!!

The Geek Squad just delivered and installed my brand new Mitsubishi 52'' 1080p LCD TV, Bose V30 Sound System, LG Blue Ray/HD DVD player, and Monster Power Station!!!! B|B|

Quote from Forrest Gump: "I think I ruined your roommates bath robe."

Holy shit, I am never leaving my couch again! :D:D

No, a serious man cave calls for equipment that would not mesh well with a traditional feminine sense of decor and might kill you if it fell over. Perhaps a 220 pound CRT projector which resolves 1920x1080p suspended over the couch with unistrut and 3/8" all-thread. Perhaps 46x13x16" actively tri-amplified main speakers designed for a clean 105 dB SPL. Perhaps a half dozen power amplifers that together weigh as much as you do, with pieces of scrap wood providing clearance for the heat sink vents. I only had 3 cubic feet with a 14.5" driver for sub-bass but it was a start.

Some of that equipment would be built with your power tools and soldering iron.

Some would need your Super Sawzall to install.

It would be a work in progress like your classic car. Working well enough to drive, but with missing paint and exposed wiring in places.

That's a man cave.

A 50" flat screen hanging demurely on the wall is something you put in the bedroom, opposite your canopy bed with 12 pillows, comforter, and bed spread. Something that you install in an afternoon using only your wife's tools and her help lifting.

Having become domesticated, I speak from experience here.

:D:D:D:D

Definitely don't have that kind of room in my condo. :D:D
It all sounds sort of sexy to me. I don't know why it's just for guys and stuff. [pouts] :P Congrats my favorite original cabana boy. You deserve it handsome. ;);) Big smoochies my friend.

Thanks love! You will have to come see it for yourself. ;)

The Original Cabana Boy!

My HD box was installed by Comcast yesterday. I have an XBox 360 but I was thinking of getting a PS3 since the games are in blue ray.

Is it wierd that I've been hugging my TV? :D:D

Do you have a newer gen 360 with the HDMI out, or an older one with the standard composite? Makes a big difference. There are still a few HD DVD movies out there you can pick up for cheap, and the HD DVD player for the 360 is super cheap. No man cave is complete without some great, but outdated, electronics!
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

My HD box was installed by Comcast yesterday. I have an XBox 360 but I was thinking of getting a PS3 since the games are in blue ray.

Do you have a newer gen 360 with the HDMI out, or an older one with the standard composite? Makes a big difference. There are still a few HD DVD movies out there you can pick up for cheap, and the HD DVD player for the 360 is super cheap. No man cave is complete without some great, but outdated, electronics!

No, I have the old gen 360. I didn't know whether I should go PS3 or new gen 360. I've never played the PS3 but I hear the graphics on blue ray are sick.

The Original Cabana Boy!

No, I have the old gen 360. I didn't know whether I should go PS3 or new gen 360. I've never played the PS3 but I hear the graphics on blue ray are sick.

Dude, you have a shrine! Get both!
It's your life, live it!

Dude, you have a shrine! Get both!

I like the way you think! :D:D:D

The Original Cabana Boy!

I have the newer gen 360 and plan on getting the PS3 eventually. Problem is I'm not HDTV equipped...... YET! Need to upgrade to a 1080, and I'm seriously considering going really freakin big. There's a couple of 70"rs out there that get my blood pumping. I really like the quality of DLP though, but didn't want to deal with ANY type of projection, due to the size. Then, Samsung cameout with a 61" DLP that was seriiously slimmed down. 14 2/5" depth. I can deal with that! http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1202649424894&type=product
It's your life, live it!

I have the newer gen 360 and plan on getting the PS3 eventually. Problem is I'm not HDTV equipped...... YET! Need to upgrade to a 1080, and I'm seriously considering going really freakin big. There's a couple of 70"rs out there that get my blood pumping. I really like the quality of DLP though, but didn't want to deal with ANY type of projection, due to the size. Then, Samsung cameout with a 61" DLP that was seriiously slimmed down. 14 2/5" depth. I can deal with that! http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1202649424894&type=product

My suggestion, if you are going to 1080p..go w/ an LCD TV. They are a bit more expensive but the quality of the picture is unmatched. You can get a 70" LCD but I think the cheapest one is $32K. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8400624&type=product&id=1179877503499

You can get LCD TVs between 50-60" for $3-$4K.

The Original Cabana Boy!

well you may call it a manshrine, but it sounds like a lot of fun and very well done 2 me!!

congrats!!! enjoy it!

but have you figured out how to get the beer/snacks to you without leaving your comfy spot?

;)

(I.C.D#2 VP)
""I'm good with my purple penis straw" ~sky mama

Yes, the LCD's are nice. Very nice in fact, but after looking (and I have looked A LOT) in person, the DLP units are just so much sharper to my eyes. On extremely fast motion (I watch a great deal of action movies) both the LCD and Plasmas had significant artifacts. The DLP's were crystal clear and kept up with the action with no visible pixilation. It's just that they were so damn big! This slimmer unit might just be the ticket, and I picked the higher priced model for its' super high contrast ratio.

Yea, those 70 inchers are tempting, but that's certainly out of my price range. [:/]

It's your life, live it!

Yea, those 70 inchers are tempting, but that's certainly out of my price range.

Have you tried Costco?

We were talking 70" LCD's but I do see they have a 73" DLP for 3,800. Back to a foot and a half deep, plus cabling n other crap. I'd have to research deeper though, as that site doesn't list contrast ratio.
It's your life, live it!

Have you tried Costco?

We were talking 70" LCD's but I do see they have a 73" DLP for 3,800. Back to a foot and a half deep, plus cabling n other crap. I'd have to research deeper though, as that site doesn't list contrast ratio.

Ooooh, my bad. I thought you were talking DLP.

For the price difference, I'd rather have a larger DLP than a smaller LCD. The picture on our DLP is amazing, and I've seen LCD's (not that they aren't nice too).

And Blu-Ray is a must.

Have you tried Costco?

And Blu-Ray is a must.

Absolutely! I bought the Planet Earth Series on Blu Ray (yes I'm a Discovery Channel nerd :D) and the picture quality is freaking ridiculous!

The Original Cabana Boy!

I agree with the blue ray.I was going to get a nice blue ray player, but I figure the PS3 will cover that at least for now.

That's what I use, my PS3. It works juuuuust fine, AND, it's a Playstation. Sony's best invention yet. ;)

Just got finished playing Army of Two. B|

I agree with the blue ray.I was going to get a nice blue ray player, but I figure the PS3 will cover that at least for now.

That's what I use, my PS3. It works juuuuust fine, AND, it's a Playstation. Sony's best invention yet. ;)

Just got finished playing Army of Two. B|

That's it...I'm going to get a PS3 this weekend!!!!! :D

The Original Cabana Boy!