OrangeJumper

THE MANSHRINE HAS ARRIVED!!!!!

That's the good one. 10,000:1 contrast ratio. Can you say razor freakin sharp?

I have the 67" version of that. And yes, it is razor freakin' sharp. And lovely to watch. ;)

http://flymach1.com/sammy67.jpg

Ok, I only saw that one on Best Buy to 61". You have a 67 AND it's 10,000:1?

Where's the drooling emoticon?
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

For those of you with DLP.. have you had to replace a bulb yet??

Cost....?

How long before it fried as opposed to what they TOLD YOU it would be??

Back in the 90's I worked foir InFocus Systems and the bulbs were some spendy shit.. and had a propensity to fry a tad too often.

It was kinda kewl to be able to get the projector and bulbs at cost though:P

While looking for the 67 (couldn't find it) I saw that Circuit City has the 73 Mitsu for $2800. Doesn't list a contrast ratio, but these two features caught my eye:

DeepField™ Imager: The DeepField Imager constantly adjusts brightness and contrast for optimum settings in all areas of the picture. It can even optimize complex scenes containing both dark and bright areas. It determines the optimum blend of contrast and brightness settings within the picture using advanced Mitsubishi algorithms.

SharpEdge™: SharpEdge is the latest in Mitsubishi’s edge-definition signal processing system. It enhances horizontal and vertical edges for stunning picture precision. SharpEdge senses the vertical boundary and amplifies it while minimizing distortion.

Hmmmmm......
It's your life, live it!

Cost....?

Back in the 90's I worked foir InFocus Systems and the bulbs were some spendy shit.. and had a propensity to fry a tad too often.

I've had mine for a little over a year now. No problems yet.

Cost....?

I've had mine for a little over a year now. No problems yet.

Do you have a big lag time when switching between HD and non-HD channels w/ a DLP TV? I know I get about a 10-15 second delay when going between the two.

The Original Cabana Boy!

No not at all. I don't think it has to do with the TV. Who's your provider? I have DirecTV.

Oh and another note: We've had both the new fiber optic HD and the satellite HD.

DirecTV > all other providers. Sure, other people have some neat festures, but the DT HD quaility is the best imo.

No not at all. I don't think it has to do with the TV. Who's your provider? I have DirecTV.

Oh and another note: We've had both the new fiber optic HD and the satellite HD.

DirecTV > all other providers. Sure, other people have some neat festures, but the DT HD quaility is the best imo.

I have Comcast. I've never used DirecTV. I was looking into Verizon FiOS. Seems to be getting a lot of good feedback.

The Original Cabana Boy!

Hmmmm....I may have to look into that.

I've had the occasional growing pains with DirecTV but overall I've had a good experience with them over the last 3 years... and they do have one of the largest selections of HD program availability on the market and it is very good...

Their DVR could use a little tweaking to make it better then it is... (such as dual live buffers) but I have generally had good experiences with them.

I am kind of a do it yourselfer and did learn how to align the satellite dish myself... :$ which really wasn't as hard as they'd like us to believe it is... :P
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Hmmmm....I may have to look into that.

I've had the occasional growing pains with DirecTV but overall I've had a good experience with them over the last 3 years... and they do have one of the largest selections of HD program availability on the market and it is very good...

Their DVR could use a little tweaking to make it better then it is... (such as dual live buffers) but I have generally had good experiences with them.

I am kind of a do it yourselfer and did learn how to align the satellite dish myself... :$ which really wasn't as hard as they'd like us to believe it is... :P

Thanks for the feedback. The only thing that may prevent me is my home owners association. I don't know what their rules are for hanging dishes. Not all of the units have a balcony. I happen to be one of the few that do. If they allow it, I may use DirecTV for the bedroom.

The Original Cabana Boy!

Cool, it throws beers. And after you catch it, you can gently set it down, walk over, and get a fresh, unshaken one from the fridge. By the time you are done drinking the one you walked to get, it should be safe to open the one that was thrown.

Cool, sure, but in a brand new shrine, full of expensive electronics, I'm not sure if I'd want flying anythings, much less beer cans. [:/]
It's your life, live it!

Cool, it throws beers. And after you catch it, you can gently set it down, walk over, and get a fresh, unshaken one from the fridge. By the time you are done drinking the one you walked to get, it should be safe to open the one that was thrown.

Cool, sure, but in a brand new shrine, full of expensive electronics, I'm not sure if I'd want flying anythings, much less beer cans. [:/]

yeah, yeah, quibble over small stuff... we're talking about cool factor for the man cave, here!!! :P
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Care to share how much the whole system cost? I ask because I'm completely jealous right now and quite tempted to copy you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The total was $9,184.53

Includes - TV, Sound System, Blue Ray Player, Power Station, 3 sets of HDMI cables, extended warranty on TV/Sound System, and Delivery (set up was free).

That's actually not as pricey as I thought it would be.B|

I'm kind of torn. I have a decent system (nothing close to yours). I've been losing a ton of weight and I'm afraid if I had a system like that, I wouldn't get off the couch and I would gain a 100lbs in no time.[:/] It wouldn't be pretty.:P