OrangeJumper

THE MANSHRINE HAS ARRIVED!!!!!

The Geek Squad just delivered and installed my brand new Mitsubishi 52'' 1080p LCD TV, Bose V30 Sound System, LG Blue Ray/HD DVD player, and Monster Power Station!!!! B|B|

Quote from Forrest Gump: "I think I ruined your roommates bath robe."

Holy shit, I am never leaving my couch again! :D:D

The Original Cabana Boy!

Now all you need is a gaming system and to hook up your PC through the Big LCD, and yes you will not leave the couch for a while.

Did you get HD cable/Satellite ?

Pop some corn and have fun dude.

Congrats
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Is it wierd that I've been hugging my TV? :D:D

:D:D:D

No man. I went from a 12” TV with 2 channels that I received on open-air antenna to a 40” 1080P, with HD cable, DVR, Xbox360, and a sound system. If I could have found a way to have sex with the TV I would have.

Here is the good part man. I got mine about 5 months ago and I am still very happy I got it. No remorse what so ever.

Have fun dude, and wait till Football starts. HD sporting events are amazing that and nature shows.

I love that.

Enjoy bro.:)
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

OMG!!!!! I just put in Saving Private Ryan and I swear to you that I just stormed the beach of Normandy...hahahahaha. Freaking bullets were buzzing all over the place and I even I had to go look in my kitchen because I could have sworn I heard someone calling for help by the trash can. :D:D:D

Man, the Bose system is no joke. It up converts all of the 720p DVDs to 1080p. I don't think I need to mention the quality of the surround sound....OF THE HOOK!

Every time I look at my man shrine....tears form in my eyes and I want to sing love songs. :|

The Original Cabana Boy!

The sharp bits on the back of the cards inside the set can cause great injury to your penis.

Well then there is the electricity thingB|

Sounds like that observation is from personal experience... :):P:D
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

The Geek Squad just delivered and installed my brand new Mitsubishi 52'' 1080p LCD TV, Bose V30 Sound System, LG Blue Ray/HD DVD player, and Monster Power Station!!!! B|B|

You're only missing one thing....

You weren't enough man to install it all yourself.

Better luck next time ya little oompa loompa.:P

[evil thought] hehe... tomorrow, he gets deployment orders [/evil thought]
Geek squad... you oughta be ashamed of yourself... gimmee that man card. :D

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

No, a serious man cave calls for equipment that would not mesh well with a traditional feminine sense of decor and might kill you if it fell over. Perhaps a 220 pound CRT projector which resolves 1920x1080p suspended over the couch with unistrut and 3/8" all-thread. Perhaps 46x13x16" actively tri-amplified main speakers designed for a clean 105 dB SPL. Perhaps a half dozen power amplifers that together weigh as much as you do, with pieces of scrap wood providing clearance for the heat sink vents. I only had 3 cubic feet with a 14.5" driver for sub-bass but it was a start.

Some of that equipment would be built with your power tools and soldering iron.

Some would need your Super Sawzall to install.

It would be a work in progress like your classic car. Working well enough to drive, but with missing paint and exposed wiring in places.

That's a man cave.

A 50" flat screen hanging demurely on the wall is something you put in the bedroom, opposite your canopy bed with 12 pillows, comforter, and bed spread. Something that you install in an afternoon using only your wife's tools and her help lifting.

Having become domesticated, I speak from experience here.

You're only missing one thing....

You weren't enough man to install it all yourself.

Better luck next time ya little oompa loompa.:P

The only reason I used them is because I basically didn't have to pay for it. Since I made such a LARGE purchase, the set up was thrown into the deal. I only had to pay for them to ship it. I will take a free installation any day!!!! B|

The Original Cabana Boy!

No, a serious man cave calls for equipment that would not mesh well with a traditional feminine sense of decor and might kill you if it fell over. Perhaps a 220 pound CRT projector which resolves 1920x1080p suspended over the couch with unistrut and 3/8" all-thread. Perhaps 46x13x16" actively tri-amplified main speakers designed for a clean 105 dB SPL. Perhaps a half dozen power amplifers that together weigh as much as you do, with pieces of scrap wood providing clearance for the heat sink vents. I only had 3 cubic feet with a 14.5" driver for sub-bass but it was a start.

It would be a work in progress like your classic car. Working well enough to drive, but with missing paint and exposed wiring in places.

That's a man cave.

A 50" flat screen hanging demurely on the wall is something you put in the bedroom, opposite your canopy bed with 12 pillows, comforter, and bed spread. Something that you install in an afternoon using only your wife's tools and her help lifting.

:D:D:D:D

Definitely don't have that kind of room in my condo. :D:D

The Original Cabana Boy!

That's a man cave.

You know, that would be a really cool set-up if there wasn't a cluster fuck of wires all over the place and it was in a room big enough to accommodate it correctly.

That's a man cave.

You know, that would be a really cool set-up if there wasn't a cluster fuck of wires all over the place and it was in a room big enough to accommodate it correctly.

ouch, but in a man cave there are no rules
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

>>a cluster fuck of wires

BWAHH:D:D

I can use that one next time I do a home inspection.

You know, a man cave should be a maze of wires, pipes, and duct work, not to mention having a working boiler or a least a hot water heater and a sump pump in plain view.

Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

That's a man cave.

:D:D:D:D

Definitely don't have that kind of room in my condo. :D:D
It all sounds sort of sexy to me. I don't know why it's just for guys and stuff. [pouts] :P Congrats my favorite original cabana boy. You deserve it handsome. ;);) Big smoochies my friend.

Is Verizon FiOS available in your area? That'll ice the cake nicely...B|

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Care to share how much the whole system cost? I ask because I'm completely jealous right now and quite tempted to copy you.

The total was $9,184.53

Includes - TV, Sound System, Blue Ray Player, Power Station, 3 sets of HDMI cables, extended warranty on TV/Sound System, and Delivery (set up was free).

It may not be the "MAN CAVE" :D but I really like it. Actually I'm still sleeping next to it. :S:D:D

The Original Cabana Boy!