peanut4040

Wreck dot?

wow,, no pappy,, father fred,, no old hippie tree people..

anybody out there thats not moderator connected?

the wreck is dead , pnutty , let it lie.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

The shame of it all is rec was at one time a very valuable unmoderated/unfiltered historical resource for anything that happened in skydiving. And it would have went on being that if you guys hadn't burned it the ground . . .

NickD :)

Nah, it ain't dead, but most people are avoiding it so Jimmy and Jerry can have some privacy for their marital spats.

Blues,
Dave

That's a relief. I was worried RL wouldn't have a place to post her sxual exploits.

Happy Birthday, BTW.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

The shame of it all is rec was at one time a very valuable unmoderated/unfiltered historical resource for anything that happened in skydiving. And it would have went on being that if you guys hadn't burned it the ground . . .

NickD :)

You guys my ass ! I hate finger pointers. What the fuck did you do to try and save it ?????

bozo

Just noticed, Google has 86497 topics under rec.skydiving. That's total, without applying any filters to weed out spam or Jerry/Snuffy.

In contrast, dropzone.com has 51799 topics listed under skydiving and discplines. Of course there is some fluff in there, but that number is not including the Bonfire, Speakers Corner, Womens, intros, bugs, international, ect.

I think we know where the real wealth of archived information is, at least now.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Just noticed, Google has 86497 topics under rec.skydiving. That's total, without applying any filters to weed out spam or Jerry/Snuffy.

In contrast, dropzone.com has 51799 topics listed under skydiving and discplines. Of course there is some fluff in there, but that number is not including the Bonfire, Speakers Corner, Womens, intros, bugs, international, ect.

I think we know where the real wealth of archived information is, at least now.

Bigger is not necessarily better, and not all information here is good. I've never had to berate a student for blindly accepting information they got from rec.skydiving. Still, I'd agree that dz.com has been a better source of information for the last several years, but before that you have to go to usenet archives.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I went to the park earlier this week. There is a quiet spot off to the side where I read. Lots of trees, shady.

About 200 ft over is the picnic tables shelter.
It is fairly large. 7 tables end-to-end and 3 rows.

All the kids were sitting at one end... except one.
That kid is 15 and he is a sarcastic annoyance.
He bugs the crap out of everyone and the other kids will not talk to him because of his hateful, irritating attitude.

By the time you are 15, you should understand that everyone has their own life and don't need any additional problems. They won't put up with it and will avoid people like that (the exception being hot, but insane women - they get 13 minutes of attention).
A basic social skill.

So, the 15 yo butthead may figure it out or he may just be alone a lot. He needs to figure out that he has the right of Free Speech. Other people have the right of Free Listening, free of him.

There are some people who are on the internet that haven't learned the lessons that they should have learned by the age of 13.

I can see it now, "The old cooter death-match". :ph34r:

You guys can meet half-way, and make the Bun-Boy in Baker the venue.

You know they have the biggest thermometer in the world doncha ?

bozo

I went to the park earlier this week. There is a quiet spot off to the side where I read. Lots of trees, shady.

About 200 ft over is the picnic tables shelter.
It is fairly large. 7 tables end-to-end and 3 rows.

All the kids were sitting at one end... except one.
That kid is 15 and he is a sarcastic annoyance.
He bugs the crap out of everyone and the other kids will not talk to him because of his hateful, irritating attitude.

By the time you are 15, you should understand that everyone has their own life and don't need any additional problems. They won't put up with it and will avoid people like that (the exception being hot, but insane women - they get 13 minutes of attention).
A basic social skill.

So, the 15 yo butthead may figure it out or he may just be alone a lot. He needs to figure out that he has the right of Free Speech. Other people have the right of Free Listening, free of him.

There are some people who are on the internet that haven't learned the lessons that they should have learned by the age of 13.

I think this is the best post I have ever read on the internet.