RALFFERS

Lazer eye surgery

Yep, I'm the fuzzy helmet girl. I want to get back out to SS, especially now that you have 2 former Chambersburgers there.... you guys have both Selena and Greg, and I miss the living crap out of both of them... give them both a hug for me :)

Yep... Selena and Greg are both here... We certainly hope to see both you and chad out here again sometime.

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Once we get our old house sold and aren't covering 2 mortgages, plan on seeing us again... probably late summer/early fall.

I think you just want to meet the Packing Fairy again :)

I'm not partial to you or the packing Fairy... ;)

I'm just hoping that we can get another dz record when y'all are back again...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

PRK is NOT more invasive than LASIK as one person stated... .

I guess I'm not thinking by medical terms.. what I meant was that it hurts a hell of a lot more and the recovery time is much longer. :)
Even with the long crappy recovery, I am sooooooo happy I had it done. Best Christmas gift I ever got!

My experience was on the worse end of the spectrum with regards to recovery. Most people I have talked to that have had PRK have had a better time recovering. I am just giving the warning that with PRK you may need a little more time to recover before work than they tell you.

On a side note.. I have a friend who works at a laser correction clinic, and I asked him once why the Lasik patients stay in the waiting area after the surgery while the PRK patients go straight home after a short period. His answer: "Are you kidding me? You PRK patients look like shit! You think we want our potential customers to see you before they make a decision?" B|

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Yep, that's very true. LASIK gives 20/20ish vision and relatively good comfort by the next day. PRK takes about a week to get full 20/20ish (usually 20/40ish the first day) and about a week to feel comfortable again.

BUT, long term, the safety profile is better, dry eye symptoms are better, etc. If it was me, I'd do PRK over LASIK in a heartbeat.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

My husband had it done this year and is really happy with the results. The doctor determined he only had to have one eye done, which was nice because it really cut the cost. He only missed one afternoon of work and besides the normal recovery time of a little swelling and having to use special eye drops, there was nothing weird or odd that happened.

So now that he can see, does he still want to stay married to you? :D;)

Jeff
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

:ph34r: Don't make me call you with my helium voice again! Just making a brief appearance while I had some time to kill.

Looks like there's still SOME familiar faces on here! Hmmm, lemme head over to the 'Ladies' forum and see who I can piss off! :o;)

J

ps- I know ya miss me on here!
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

With your script, although you could get refractive surgery done, you'd be nuts to do it. You function fine without glasses (except maybe for night driving/night jumps/movies, far distances)

I can manage to drive without glasses at night - BUT - prefer nit to. Last weekend, I was leaving the DZ at night (something I rarely ever do, actually it was the 1st time) Vs just staying for the night. Anyway, I was parked in the grass & couldn't see where the pathway to the road was (granted it was pitch black out; couldn't be any darker at all.) Then when I was on the highway a short time later & there was some construction going on, I found myself thinking: "hmmm...are those cones up there in my lane, or the 1 next to me :S?" That's not something I want to second-guess at 80-90 miles an hour...
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Then when I was on the highway a short time later & there was some construction going on, I found myself thinking: "hmmm...are those cones up there in my lane, or the 1 next to me ?" That's not something I want to second-guess at 80-90 miles an hour...

Yeah, driving 80-90 in a construction zone. Smart. [:/]

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Sunny, you may not believe me, but I actually am a safe driver... It was Midnight when I left Hinckley; there was nobody on the road - if there was I wouldn't be going that fast, trust me. I always stay 3-3 & 1/2 carsas away from the next guy; & as for the constructions zone - there were just some cones to the left & right of the right & left lanes; I was in the middle.

No worries. :)
(Although something tells me you're gonna smack me the next time I see you.)

Sunny, you may not believe me, but I actually am a safe driver... It was Midnight when I left Hinckley; there was nobody on the road - if there was I wouldn't be going that fast, trust me. I always stay 3-3 & 1/2 carsas away from the next guy; & as for the constructions zone - there were just some cones to the left & right of the right & left lanes; I was in the middle.

No worries. [Smile]

(Although something tells me you're gonna smack me the next time I see you.)

I'm not gonna smack you, drive however you want, as long as nobody else is on the road, i don't really care what you do. But i do think anyone driving 80-90 in any construction, even just cones, is an idiot. Your defense of staying 3.5 cars away is kinda dumb too. Doesn't need to be any cars around you for you to spin out of control or have a tire blowout. Going 80-90 and having a tire blowout...well have fun in the hospital.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Will you smack me? Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please :)

Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

I'm not gonna smack you

Aaaaaw, DAMN! [:/]

:D:D

O.k. - all jokes aside, you do have a point.

For whatever reason, I just find it difficult to not drive the way I do (there are times when I think I'm getting better about it though.) I also have no issue with the temptation when anyone is in the car with me.

*** Doesn't need to be any cars around you for you to spin out of control or have a tire blowout. Going 80-90 and having a tire blowout...well have fun in the hospital.

You know, the funny thing is I tried to tell my ex-fiance that, because she had a habit of running 90-100 mph on the highway. Her excuse was that her father did it all the time, having his job in Atlanta and going home to Huntsville on the weekends. I posed the question what if you blow out your tire and roll your car? She got all indignant and everything. Well we broke up months later. I was still on good terms with her folks though. A couple years later I stopped by for a visit. Her dad told me she blew out her tire and rolled her car 5 times. I just sat there and said "ouch". I did not even need to say "I told her so." :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban