Seen a movie called "Juno"?

I'd watch it.. but have no idea how to work those torrent things. What the hell do you do with it after you download it?

I have a Mac, btw, and am one of the most computer illiterate people you will ever meet!

I heard the movie was awesome.

You need a Bit Torrent Client, which is a small, free piece of software.

Check here for a MAC client:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_client

I use Utorrent on windows ( http://www.utorrent.com/ ), but it may not be ported to MAC OS. The Utorrent forums may have info regarding MAC's.

Google for general FAQ's. Also check out the legal risks of up/downloading stuff:S

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

I saw it when it was in the theaters. I'd heard so much about it from my daughters High School friends. They said it was really cool and how great the girl was in the movie. They wanted to be just like her.... I hadn't seen the previews and didn't know anything about it.

So I go to see it... So it's about this girl from a broken home,who is bored and so she gets pregnant. Decides it's no big deal and isn't even a big disturbance to her. She'll just spit the kid out and go on with her life. She's going to give it up for adoption and then proceeds to break up the home that her baby is going to go to. Then it ends all happy and everything because she gets back with her little boyfriend and sings a cute little song with him.

Teenagers want to be just like that? Sad. I was not impressed with it. I thought it was a sad look at someones sad life. :( I didn't get anything great or fun or happy about it.

Ever think that maybe those weren't the exact traits that made them admire her? Maybe it was the fact that she was brave enough not to take the easy way out and have an abortion? Or maybe it was the fact that she isn't like 95% of teenage girls where their first concern in what everyone else thinks of them and the most important thing in the world is being popular. Did you not realize that no matter what that couple was going to split? She was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Better it happen before the baby is in their life then the kid having to see it when it's 5 or 6 years old.

You say it's a sad look at someone's sad life? Well, not everyone's life in this world is all peaches and cream. There are lots of people out there who have that very same life. I couldn't tell you how many girls in my high school had babies before they graduated. I knew of one girl who had 3 children before she graduated from high school. At least Juno learned from her experience.

White people love Juno:

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/2008/02/06/57-juno/

"Juno, starring Halifax’s Ellen Page, is a critically acclaimed comedy about a wise cracking teenager, dealing with an unexpected pregnancy. As 2007’s Indie hit, it is alternative mainstream and white people love it when low budget movies do well, even though the $7 million budget is enough to feed thousands of villages in East Africa for a year. White people, especially ones over 30, also love movies that take them back to a time when there was zero hip hop influence in white high schools. So although the character of Juno and her high school are very unrealistic, older people identify with her and wish that their unappreciative children would be more like her.

On another note, the film takes place in a fictional suburban town in Minnesota, but imagine the same storyline in say West Baltimore or Socorro, TX. My guess is that there would be less qurkiness, less acoustic guitar and zero references to Dario Argento. Teen pregnancy is not as big a problem in the suburban midwest as it is in urban centers or border towns, therefore it is acceptable to not only green light a movie shedding light on teen pregnancy but it is okay to laugh at the situation and add a killer indie soundtrack.

It also doesn’t hurt that the screenplay was written by somebody named “Diablo” and that Jason Bateman and Michael Cera are in the movie as well.

p.s I’m not a robot, I cried when Vanessa got her baby"
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher