lippy

Pulling stills out of video

J Cook, thanks a lot for the offer brother but the snapshot from VLC turned out OK and it saves my lazy ass from downloading anything!;)

I happened to be watching it in VLC when I decided I wanted a photo, never knew that function was there. Cheers!

I got nuthin

its called print screen.

Does not work with most video cards.

What? Alt/PrtSc has worked on every computer I've ever owned. Ever. The only limit is that you are snapping at screen resolution. Want a higer res pic? (Note,quality does not go up, but editing stills becomes easier) Crank the display resolution as high as your monitor will let you, then run the video in full screen mode.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

its called print screen.

Does not work with most video cards.

It works on every computer (with windows), it doesn't go through the graphics card. Its a software utility.
"If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half assed. That's the American way."
- Homer Simpson

Depending on the software, you might need to change a setting to get it to work. If the video card is doing the processing, you'll just get a black square when you use print screen instead of the video image. But you can turn off the hardware processing (such as in windows media player or quicktime) and print screen will work fine.

Dave