ACMESkydiver

Fitness Friends Charging the Hill for July 4th...post #'s April 14-18

Still running hard for the 4th of July!! :)
I did the 'ab blast' class at the gym today. 30 minutes of solid ab training...wow! :P THEN I did my trainer-approved lower body workout. I didn't have time to do any cardio after, but I'm thinking about hitting the treadmill behind me and going for 20 minutes at least just to say I got some cardio in.

And now the funny part...my legs were shaking so bad I could hardly walk to my truck in the parking lot afterwards! It was making me laugh, and I'm sure people in the parking lot were wondering WTH this woman was laughing at that was dragging her feet (I swear I couldn't even pick them off the ground I was shuffling my brand new shoes just dragging each foot forward! :D:D:D).

Food...meh, well I had a bacon cheeseburger from McD's today (the lil' $.99 one!) because I had forgotten to bring a healthy snack before taking my daughter to track -but I was getting my daily headache and I thought some food might ward it off & all I had was some change in the truck. Later on I had a small bowl of spaghetti. Other than that, I had 2 slices of no-flour, whole grain toast with 1/2 pat butter covering both and 1 teaspoon 'Simply Fruit' spread on each. I had a bottle of the newest protein shakes that just rolled off the line & I'm very impressed -lower calories, lower carb, higher protein, better taste. You know how it is when you find a particular brand or type that just goes down well for 'you'. I found it and I'm happy. :ph34r:

I had some steamed cauliflower when I got home and 2 bites of buffalo meat just to try it (yeah! no kidding! my sis-in-law and her hubby bought buffalo meat and grilled it over hickory. SO FREAKING DELICIOUS!!) B|B|B|

So how are you doing? Do you have a goal for July 4th? Mine is 30 pounds lower than last week's weight. B|
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I weigh in with my trainer tonight- really looknig forward to that mean old scale :S - plus legs. I ran into him at the gym last night and he asked me to "save my legs" for him, so I did upper body and cardio instead. He LOVES to work my legs! Last time he introduced me to new torture- a split stance one legged squat. Can you say OWWWWWW???! I totally hear you about barely being able to walk to the parking lot! been there, done that and will probably do it again tonight. ;) But, its working so that makes it all worthwhile!

Just as an FYI, take a look at the Nutritional value of Buffalo, it is actually TONS better for you then red meat ;)

She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I weigh in with my trainer tonight- really looknig forward to that mean old scale :S - plus legs. I ran into him at the gym last night and he asked me to "save my legs" for him, so I did upper body and cardio instead. He LOVES to work my legs! Last time he introduced me to new torture- a split stance one legged squat. Can you say OWWWWWW???! I totally hear you about barely being able to walk to the parking lot! been there, done that and will probably do it again tonight. ;) But, its working so that makes it all worthwhile!

Yeah I'm about dead on my wall sits...and I'm only doing 20-30 seconds x 3 (of course it's right in the middle of static lunges and full lunges and squats, so that makes a BIG difference! :ph34r:)

I didn't do the treadmill last night like I thought I was going to -had too much business work to finish up.

Today however, I was in the gym for 3 full hours and I coulda kept going if I didn't feel a compelling need to get my a$$ home and get some bit-ness done!! B|B|B| I did the step & lift class that my buddy teaches (I took it easy on the step lunges/squats & used no weights as I beat the crap outta my lower body last night). I did fully participate in the abs as I know that you can work abs daily...After that hour-long class, I did my full upper body workout -ended up doubling up a bunch of the dumbell upper body exercises- did flutter kicks x 3 sets, jumped on the treadmill and kicked the heart rate up to about 165 bpm for about 20 minutes.

Lots of stretching in there...and I'm heading back into the gym at 6pm to take Jaleesa and Micah to wrestling. I'll probably be wearing some fresh workout clothes and hit it again because I FEEL GOOD!!!! B|B|B|B|

I was sore this morning from that lower body workout, but NOTHING as bad as after that first time & I feel great. :)
~Jaye

These days, even if I am sore and tired after a workout, I feel really good. But I'll rarely go for more than 90 minutes - something my trainer also suggested when he was quizzing me about my workout routine.

BUT I JUST FELT SOOOOO GOOOOD!!! :)
It's rare that I get to enjoy being physical for more than my stupid ol' alotted workout time slot. I'd rather be moving than sitting here in this dumb ol' office chair! :)
Speaking of which...I can already feel the metaphorical whip cracking across my back reaching out from a town over. BACK TO WORK, JAYE!!! >:(:D
~Jaye

Just be careful not to burn out. I KNOW the feeling- about 15- 20 minutes in you feel like you're about to keel over and die, then all of the sudden its like you hit your stride, you feel GREAT and can keep on going almost indefinitely, right? When I used to do the elliptical for an hour, I would go through that. Now I make myself stop after 30 minutes and hit the weights. And I can definitely tire myself out lifting and squatting so the temptation to stay longer really isn't there so much ................

Besides, you want to feel great tomorrow too, right?

I enjoyed my workout for the first time in a while today. B|

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Yeah, it was nice to be at the gym doing something other than going through the motions. :D

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I had an awesome leg workout tonight but I know my ass will be hurting tomorrow! doh!

I've started getting sore already...about 3pm everything started knotting up and spasming. :$

[DoreySinging]"Just keep stretching stretching stretching what do we do? A-ha we keep stretching..."

And suck down a Naproxen. :P:ph34r::o

>sigh

:D:D:D:D Someday I'll be in good enough shape to work out that hard. But it was not today. No, definitely not today >groan<. alt=":S" data-emoticon="true" height="20" src="/uploads/emoticons/wacko.png" srcset="/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":S" width="20">
~Jaye

Still running hard for the 4th of July!! :)
I did the 'ab blast' class at the gym today. 30 minutes of solid ab training...wow! :P THEN I did my trainer-approved lower body workout. I didn't have time to do any cardio after, but I'm thinking about hitting the treadmill behind me and going for 20 minutes at least just to say I got some cardio in.

And now the funny part...my legs were shaking so bad I could hardly walk to my truck in the parking lot afterwards! It was making me laugh, and I'm sure people in the parking lot were wondering WTH this woman was laughing at that was dragging her feet (I swear I couldn't even pick them off the ground I was shuffling my brand new shoes just dragging each foot forward! :D:D:D).

Food...meh, well I had a bacon cheeseburger from McD's today (the lil' $.99 one!) because I had forgotten to bring a healthy snack before taking my daughter to track -but I was getting my daily headache and I thought some food might ward it off & all I had was some change in the truck. Later on I had a small bowl of spaghetti. Other than that, I had 2 slices of no-flour, whole grain toast with 1/2 pat butter covering both and 1 teaspoon 'Simply Fruit' spread on each. I had a bottle of the newest protein shakes that just rolled off the line & I'm very impressed -lower calories, lower carb, higher protein, better taste. You know how it is when you find a particular brand or type that just goes down well for 'you'. I found it and I'm happy. :ph34r:

I had some steamed cauliflower when I got home and 2 bites of buffalo meat just to try it (yeah! no kidding! my sis-in-law and her hubby bought buffalo meat and grilled it over hickory. SO FREAKING DELICIOUS!!) B|B|B|

So how are you doing? Do you have a goal for July 4th? Mine is 30 pounds lower than last week's weight. B|

wow, you people really are working hard! Congrats on all that hard work!

I slipped from my diet in the last 6 days. 2 days McDs (2dbl Chz + large fry each day), 2 days Taco Bell (3 sft shell tacos one day, 2 chicken baja gorditas on day 2), and 2 days Hardees (Carls Jr for you "other" folk... both days 2 loaded 1/4# dbl chx burgers and a reg roast beef.)

I'm a bad boy.

Just weighed myself.... I lost 3 lbs this week. Damn. I kinda like this new diet! 162#

What the heck. It's late. I'm slap happy. Here's a before (Rantoul 05, about 195-200#), and after (this afternoon, after my shower.)

Just started a very light cardio regimen last weekend. That and a new outlook on life is all i've done...
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

I had an awesome leg workout tonight but I know my ass will be hurting tomorrow! doh!

I've started getting sore already...about 3pm everything started knotting up and spasming. :$

[DoreySinging]"Just keep stretching stretching stretching what do we do? A-ha we keep stretching..."

And suck down a Naproxen. :P:ph34r::o

>sigh

:D:D:D:D Someday I'll be in good enough shape to work out that hard. But it was not today. No, definitely not today >groan<. alt=":S" data-emoticon="true" height="20" src="/uploads/emoticons/wacko.png" srcset="/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":S" width="20">

As predicted, my butt and legs are sore today. BUT.......... I'm taking advantage of one day of spring weather, wearing a dress and bare legs. My legs are white enough to send off a glare, but in spite of that, I've got to say- they look pretty damn good!:$ All that hard work is paying off no matter what the mean scale says.

Oh and the mean gym scale says I am down 1 whole pound! Whoo Hoo! I decided for the purposes of the 90 day thing, I'll go with what the scale says at the gym instead of at home. So that's 11 to go between now and July 4th(ish) ........