Jessica

DZ.commers -- then and now

Fun thread! :)
Then: 20-year-old full-time college student with about 40 jumps. Met the love of my life somewhere around jump 10 and was about to move in with him and his insane feline Zoe' in our first apartment a block off the ocean. Was still sorting out childhood issues & recent traumas. Went skydiving almost every weekend. Couldn't travel much on a skydiving college-student's budget. Had big dreams and adopted a Sabre-cat.

Now: A few blocks off the ocean still living with the love of my life in a house we bought together. Working full-time on my own schedule--always looking for ways to have my cake and eat it, too. Haven't made a jump in a couple years, but filling my weekend time with many other fun outdoor adventures. Finally traveling! Still have big dreams and a Sabre-cat (who is sleeping on my desk as I type). Zoe' is still bum fonkers. Added an adopted mutt, Cruzer, to the family--collectively call them "The Fuzzy Butts".

:)

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Registered April 15th 2001. FUCK thats a long time on here. 7 freakin years??????? Holy crap!!!

Then: 27 years old married to a so so woman. Living in Sanford, FL. started skydiving at Sebastian March 6th 2001. working as a paramedic. My then 7 year old daughter was living with her mother in Cincinnati, OH. I just wanted to get out of my life.

Now: 34 year old married to a great woman that I met here, Live in STL, MO. My now 14 year old daughter lives with me full time for past 4 years. No longer skydiving but dreaming of the sky often. Going to college. Working full time as a Firefighter/Paramedic. Loving life right now and seeing the future as brighter and brighter.

HUGE thanks go out to Sangiro for this place. Without it I wouldn't be Mr.Fallinwoman

First two are of Anne and I then

Last one is of us now.

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

I'll play...

THEN: Married, hating my admin job for an engineering company, skydiving my butt off, smart ass, lived in a big house with a pool in the back yard, had a car payment, thin and overall not happy

NOW: Single, love my job at a publishing company, don't skydive much if at all anymore, still a smart ass, live in a one bedroom apartment with a pool in walking distance, no car payment, fat and happy.

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

WOW:
Then:Sep 13, 2003 lived in NY Single, Happy, was sure skydiving would be my life till the day I die. Lived with Mom and helped to support family. Couldn’t wait to be far far away and live alone was just exploring enlightenment and finding happiness/peace.

Now: Still Happy, Still confused as to my propose in this world.
Finally got away from feeling that I am responsible for everyone, and moved to RI. In a relationship and happy living alone. Skydiving much less as money is getting tighter and the passion is a bit lost.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Registered Oct 7, 2002...but originally started posting in September 2002 under a different username.

Then: 17 year old college freshman living on Long Island in NY. Talked into coming here by my cousin to learn some more information about skydiving before making my first jump that following spring. Spent many nights posting questions, replying to fun threads and flirting with Viking. Taught swimming lessons for a lot of money, swam competitively in ALL of my free time. Lived in a TINY dorm room with a scary roommate. Played in NYC at night, studied on the beach during the day. Had a THICK NY accent and loved life.

Now: 23 years old living outside Columbus, Ohio. Only come here every so often, and post even less. I no longer flirt with anyone here, because I have my very own moderator here at home. Still teaching, though not swimming and definitely NOT for a lot of money. Only swim recreationally in some of my little free time. Live in a beautiful house with a dog, 2 cats, and a non-scary fiancé. Miss the city all the time, look at fields instead (lol). Only studying I do is not at the beach, but about the beach for my upcoming wedding. Have very faint NY accent and love life.

*daizey*

Then: Around 50 jumps, barely married, thinking I wanted to live in Arkansas for the rest of my life.

Now: happily married, amazing chef, madness leader, bad influence, great friend, freeflier and swooper livin in the great atlanta.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Then: 30 years old, divorced but in great relationship with the love of my life, living at her house and renting mine, couldn’t wait until my next jump!

Now: 33 years old, still with the same wuffo love of my life, sold her house living at mine, still can’t wait until my next jump!

LIFE KICKS ASS!!!!
B|B|B|B|

Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

This profile says Sep 10, 2002, 4:27 PM, but I was originally registered under "iskydiveto" which was deleted. Don't know when I registered it (pretty sure it was '00 or '01 but the first post I could find was Jun 28, 2002, 1:06 AM.

Sooooo....

Then: Married happily to the love of my life. Had just recently finished my training after having started in 1998 much to the surprise of Mr. Todak, Truck Driver pretty much Over The Road and hitting as many DZ's as I could!

Now: Still married, for now. No comments coming about happiness though. Took over a year off before last year due to health, weight, and a nasty trick shoulder. Still a truck driver, but now local. Happy to be back jumping. Much happier with my looks, body, build, strength,ect. Much more of a flirt and hopeless romantic.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Much more of a flirt

What? You've always been a flirt! :ph34r:

Ok, got me there, but now I'm a flirt with the thought of being available in the future. ;)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1