rocketscientist

police officers, anyone out there?

Although I'm no police officier, I have been a criminology student and I can tell you this:
Make sure you know in which police force you're applying and what kind of policeman talks to you about it, as police work in every state is very much different (career-wise), just as in Canada where I'm from, municipal police work has nothing to do with provincial or federal police work, and police in Canada is quite different from the U.S and very different from France, and I don't know about the U.K but I'm sure career-wise it's very different as well.

Unless you plan on staying at the bottom of the ladder, where I think it's quite similar all around (minus the location which might have diferent implications, i.e large city, small town, native reserve etc...)

I'm getting my degree in Criminal Justice and know a little about police work if you feel like PMing me.I'm also considering Police Academy next year.

But you'll probably get your best advice and info from AggieDave on this one.Give him a PM and hes sure to give you some good solid advice.

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

My old man was a cop for 20 years. Being a cop is great if you like dealing with stupid people all day everyday:D

He would get calls about grass clippings blowing onto neighbors driveways, trash cans too close to the street, ect.

Needless to say, he bought his military time and retired early to sell houses:D

BASE 1384

Officer TackleBerry should be along in a few minutes to counsel you!!!

;)

He isn't the only cop on here. I can't remember the name, but the other guy is a NYC cop. I haven't seen him post in a while though.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

;)

He isn't the only cop on here. I can't remember the name, but the other guy is a NYC cop. I haven't seen him post in a while though.

I think his name was SuperKat or something like that. There's also an Austin PD officer on here, but he rarely posts. He's fuckin' hot too! :o:)

Fuckin cops!! :$

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

;)

I think his name was SuperKat or something like that. There's also an Austin PD officer on here, but he rarely posts. He's fuckin' hot too! :o:)

Fuckin cops!! :$

Yeah, superkat, that's him. He had a funny sig line too. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

There's also a VERY Big chap, who's is, I have no doubt a very nice person and can read just as fast as the rest of us and hopefully has a very mellow temperament - Hi Dave:)

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

There's also a VERY Big chap, who's is, I have no doubt a very nice person and can read just as fast as the rest of us and hopefully has a very mellow temperament - Hi Dave:)

Umm.....THAT IS 'Officer TackleBerry' ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

*shakes head

Let me put it like this, and if this is something you really wanna do than I suggest you do it, but hear me out... I love Cops. They are wonderful human beings.

People, obviously, don't like the police. They sometimes shoot back. Fire doesn't, plus people love us (smart people love cops too, however, there are A LOOOOT of stupid people and not many smart people). As a matter of fact, a complete stranger just bought us breakfast this morning at a local diner. That was a $60 bill, at least. This happens pretty regularly. I work with police and I don't think they get enough credit. A lot of the guys are great individuals and there are some that are complete dicks, and some were always that way and some became that way because of the job. You deal with the scum of society and it no doubt takes a toll on you.

I work with a lot of guys who use to be cops and are now on the fire department and say they love it. Some guys go the opposite way for various reasons. I think some people can be cop people and some are fire. My personal opinion, fire is much easier and more exciting, plus, I don't like people thinking I'm a dick. Don't get me wrong in any of this, some cops are my best friends. My little bro has been a MPI for the last few years in the Army and wants to eventually be a cop, my uncle is Jacksonville SWAT, cousins are cops, etc. I think cops are great. They are very useful for tasting stuff on Hazmat spills and make for wonderful blue canaries. They take the whole rap for the donuts thing so I gotta give them some credit, however, my Lazy-Boy at my station does tilt all the way back with the leg rest up, and cops really love how clean our bathrooms are. I'm not so sure about the cop side, but women love firemen. I've had middle age women come in literally handing me their daughter's cell phone numbers...THAT is scary.

Oh, two additional words of advice...

"Professional Courtesy" :)

I'm leaving a LOT out, but if you need any additional information look at the following links. Hope this helps.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAwGVNV1W0E

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bTnpoTWIvk

Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE1qxIA59do

Choose wisely young padawan.
You know what's similar between Cops and Firefighters? They both wanna be firefighters.

i I am looking at the illinois Illinois sheriffs division.

Grammar police here, YourYou're nicked:D

Time to go back to the academy for more training.

:P

But, but, Oh shit, I'm taking the fifth:D:D

Gone fishing