virgin-burner

the great skydiving-movies-marathon

so, i've just finished p2p'ing:

-point break
-dropzone
-cutaway

and watching them. terminal velocity is still on its way..

fuck point break, even the surfer-scenes were bad.

dropzone, kinda cool, couple of good lines like when they get SWOOP to join their team: "i will require a free t-shirt!". not being in the sport long myself, half my wardrobe miracleously seems to consist of skydiving, or related to skydiving, t-shirts. and jumpers. and most for free! gotta love those multiple-minute skydives tough, if it only were like that! :P

cutaway, shows the most skydiving, not only belly-flying, fucked up story line tough, the babe's are the hottest.. one's gotta love how the tent's being taken out, with a guy filming some pr0n with his video-helmet!!! :D:D:D
and bill booth walks through the picture!

which one was your favorite? may one of those movies even have inspired you to start skydiving!? any peticular scene you liked best!?
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

out of the list, dropzone and cutaway are my favorite. with a slight advantage for cutaway. cant comment on terminal velocity just yet, still loading..

cutaway has a lot of wrong terminology tough. they got that better on dropzone.
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

cant find fandango and gipsy moths either.. guess, generation torrent are just not into that old movies..

gonna watch terminal velocity now! :)
the skydiving-scene from fandango can be found here if i'm not mistaken.. hilarious!!! :D:D:D

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Very easily one of the most bungling and unskilled attempts at film making in history. Sound synch is solved by showing other people listening as one person speaks, or just doesn't synch at all. The plot is a real head-scratcher, leaving one wondering who this was supposed to be about, what was the point, who was the beatnik with a chicken under his arm? Everyone appears to be reading directly from cue cards, voices droning on and on, no emphasis or vocal-inflection for these people posing as actors. Skydiving scenes are just stock footage intercut with close-ups of the actors hanging in a soundstage. Coleman Francis has a knack for throwing something new at you, but in a good way. To think that he actually wasted paper on this is dumbfounding in itself. However, the entire film is so badly done, it's quite funny. Any version is funny and worth the watch just to see such a bad movie can actually be made, but I suggest the MST3K version, as it is absolutely priceless.

:D:D:D

come on, not even point break could be all that bad!
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda