ACMESkydiver

For those waiting for Lee's 'SKINNYSHREK' closing pins

Everyone that has seen me do any of these closing pins in the past several years has heard me griping about my somewhat flighty metal marker. :S Unfortunately, he is the only one in Western WA that would take my job, so we have to deal with it. [:/]

I spoke to him again this morning, he said that he'd finish them tomorrow. I'll call him again tomorrow morning at 8am to make sure he gets them finished.

After I go and pick them up, it is 2-3 days worth of spraying shellac and allowing the shellac to dry, and adding jump rings. Then I label envelopes and wrap them up and they're off to all of you. B|

If anything has changed since you originally sent me your info, please let me know by emailing me at home (check my profile; I will have my home/business email displayed). I turned off PM's because honestly I don't have time to check this place daily, whereas I always check my home/biz email.

Take care, I'm sorry for the delay...it's always the same issue, but I just can't hound the guy too much or he'd dump the order. :S He has projects that pay him thousands and we pay hundreds, so guess who gets dropped on the priority list?

It will be worth it. That's all that I can offer, I'm sorry.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

not sure if I ever got on the list but I'll take one if there are any left.

Hey all,

I didn't order any extra beyond the original batch that was paid for. I didn't want to be doing these until Christmas. [:/]

I posted in Shrek's thread about these...sorry if you had missed the post or updates on them.

Hans ordered a few extras. You can ask him if you can buy one off of him.

These take such a long time to get done I just don't think it's feasible to try to do another batch again. If there are a bunch of people that really want a pin and will exhaust what Hans is able to distribute, I can try to do one more batch, but honestly it's going to take so dang long I don't know if y'all would want to wait that long again. :S

I don't know if I can get the metal marker to accept another set anyhow; he is so busy that I keep getting bumped down the list for my orders and it gets frustrating for all of us. [:/]
~Jaye

I don't know if I can get the metal marker to accept another set anyhow; he is so busy that I keep getting bumped down the list for my orders and it gets frustrating for all of us. [:/]

Don't worry so much about it. Just think of how Lee would react to a similar situation. If you can hear his words in your head, you wont worry about the things you can't control.

:)
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

Me too. I forgot about these.

Billy, you already ordered and paid for one.

Thanks for the update, Jaye. :)

I did? Cool! :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

In one ear and out the other...you never heard them leave?
ChutingStar.com

What do you think? :|:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

SkinnyShrek talking there...:P
ChutingStar.com

SkinnyShrek talking there...:P

No kidding... Damn Newcastle beer.

Update again...I called Chris this morning and he said he'd get one side done today. :S He said 'for sure by the end of the week'.

I'll just keep calling every morning. That's how it goes. He either tells me he'll try by the end of the week, or the order got bumped in priority. Been this way for weeks, sorry.

I asked him about 20 more...he said he'd work them in somehow if we get them to him, but that he wouldn't guarantee any kind of a turn-around time. Like I said, that's typical...

So I will leave it to you. If those of you that missed the first messages regarding shrek pins want them, let me know if 'no time frame' is acceptable to you -I'd look at 2 months maybe 3. If that's alright with you, and you'll pay upfront (because Lord knows I cannot front money for supplies at this moment) then just let me know and I'll make one last *last* batch.

Then I'm done. No, seriously this time, I really mean it.

~Jaye

I can front some $$ for a pin also!! Add me to the "possible extra" batch (and by possible I mean if he will do it)!!
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

Same as before, $12/per should cover everything. If I'm a little off due to small orders costing more, I'll make the difference up. As long as I have enough up front to buy the raw pins, the shipping to me, jump rings, and his fees the last part of the $ is in the envelopes/postage/PayPal fees and I'll be able to give that extra bit myself I think should we be short a tiny bit. :)
Ok I guess I just committed to it. :P If you want a closing pin OTHER than those that were originally ordered, you know the drill. PayPal is under [email protected] like usual. I'll need your name, address, username if you're on dz.com, and $12 per pin and I'll send you confirmation that I got your info. Please don't respond to a thread and think you'll get a pin. PayPal verification is the ONLY thing I'll be checking. I'm not checking PM's or DZ.com email. Send me a message at home (check my profile) if you have a question. Check my sig line; I'm not kidding. I check the 'com only when I'm listening to voicemails any more. :ph34r:

I will keep you posted, but 'no time frame' is a pain in the a$$ for reals...:S

I'll go give him & his twin brother some energy drinks and get their butts moving! :ph34r:

K but one last thing please to anyone wanting a pin...tell everyone you know that if they are wanting one of these, they need $ in by Tuesday, April 29th. That's it. Zero time extensions...I have to put my energy into making a living too, y'know. :)

~Jaye