bigway

Little Brother coming to the states.

So my Little Brother who i have not seen for years is leaving for the states at the start of july.
I will hopefully catch up with him at one of the summer boogies.

Anyway, HE is trying to find a car for his trip. He is looking to buy a car like a Ford Taurus station wagon, something that they can sleep in and something that they can buy parts for all over the country if they need to.

HE is looking to make this purchase in San Fransisco around July 1st to the 4th.
Can anyone here help me out with any ideas or any contacts in getting a car over there? money is up to 4K.
Of course the favour will be returned.

Also, I want to shout him and his girl a tandem jump and want to know the best place he should go for one. he is going from san fran to LA and then right across the bottom of the country to Florida and then up to NY.
Any accommodation might also be nice as he i am sure would appreciate any nights not staying in a car. HE is a good man and i would love to see him get to know why it is i think skydiving is a lifestyle and that skydivers are not all crazy.

Any advise, ideas or help would be greatly appreciated and if you are ever in new zealand or australia, your home is my home.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Sounds like an incredible trip!!! Well the obvious choice for me would be Skydive Arizona, but I'm sure you're going to hear a multitude of answers!! Plus he certainly won't get that small dropzone feel from it! So the next obvious choice would be Skydive Atlanta or The Farm, both in Georgia -- awesome crowd -- I've never jumped @ The Farm, but I think it's a lot of the same crowd :) Then again, same can be said for Skydive Suffolk, in Suffolk, VA.... I currently don't have a place or I would offer it. Tell him to check out couchsurfing.com -- he can make a profile (free!) and find some couches to sleep on!
"I believe the risks I take are justified by the sheer love of the life I lead" - Charles Lindbergh

Sounds like a great trip. Can't help with the car, but as far as a tandem jump...
I did my first 4 tandems at Skydive Spaceland in Houston (30 miles south of Houston - convenient to I-10) and loved it there. The facilities were great as was the staff. I felt very comfortable there, especially since I was by myself and that was my first time.
I believe they have a bunkhouse there too (as well as an area for camping).
Safe travels.