jdthomas

car question

I agree could be a burned out blinker bulb. Or the blinker activation fluid level is low on that side, I would check that first, cheaper than a bulb.
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

One of the bulbs on the faster blinking side is burned out.

Very well could be, & usually is, but if the bulbs all work then check for corrosion/rust in the bulb sockets on the fast side.

The flasher works with electrical resistance. The higher the resistance, the faster it flashes. I could go on about bi-metallic strips, how the flasher works, & such, but won't. :)
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

You need to check your blinker fluid level. If its low or out this can sometimes happen, if you don't refill it, then you may incur more expensive repairs.

Some will tell you that you just have a bulb out, but that's just a band-aid fix for the bigger problem. Sure, it'll make the problem go away for a little bit, but it won't fix the problem and it will only get worst.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

You need to check your blinker fluid level. If its low or out this can sometimes happen, if you don't refill it, then you may incur more expensive repairs.

Some will tell you that you just have a bulb out, but that's just a band-aid fix for the bigger problem. Sure, it'll make the problem go away for a little bit, but it won't fix the problem and it will only get worst.

Dont you need the left handed philips head to access the blinker resivour?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

That is a huge problem and I agree with Aggie on this one. You should really get the fluid level and the actuator checked at a reputable service facility. If the fluid level stays low for too long it will cause some pretty serious damage to the actuator, which is really expensive to replace.
The primary purpose of the Armed Forces is to prepare for and to prevail in combat should the need arise.

Thanks

And to the other gus with the blinker fluid remarks, I don't know alot about cars but I am not stupid, I know that the fluid is good, checked it the other day and added some wd-40 in the mix to make it smoother and then resealed it with duct tape to hold it all in....
www.greenboxphotography.com

Thanks

And to the other gus with the blinker fluid remarks, I don't know alot about cars but I am not stupid, I know that the fluid is good, checked it the other day and added some wd-40 in the mix to make it smoother and then resealed it with duct tape to hold it all in....

now you are really screwed, the blinkers won't work at all, the duct tape prevents the fluid container from breathing, it has to breathe to allow the fluid to rise and fall when the lights blink, this rising and falling is why you occassionally have to add fluid, just remove the tape and it should be fine
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

What!!??? Do you mean you added WD-40 to the blinker fluid?
WD-40 is not compatible with any type of blinker fluid that has been manufactured to date. You can't mix, it will lead to some serious issues, you'lll gum everything up. Check Kale Co Auto, get some blinker fluid there. Drain what's in there first and do a good flush.
You thought you had issues with low fluid levels.... you're just asking for trouble now.

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2&zenid=6babec228516c98d6bf2cfca533bb032

Learn to be happy. You can't be there for anybody else in life if you can't learn to be there for yourself.