simplyputsi

Anything odd/exciting, anything happen this week?

So how bouts it people? Did you have anything out of the ordinary happen this week? Did you do something you've never done, go somewhere you've never been? Spill it people!

For me it was same old same old for most of the week. I have to say the most exciting day was yesterday when I got to see Atlanta from the 31st floor of the Queen building. People in Atlanta know what I'm talking about. 31 is one away from the top baby!! Pretty sweet view.
Also yesterday, somehow I narrowly avoided being sideswiped/t-boned by some bitch talking on her cellphone in a miata.

She stopped within an inch of me and I really don't know how she didn't hit me. I go what the fuck!! Look over and she is on her cell phone. She mouths I'm sorry. I'm like oh hell no. I grab my cell phone show it to her and mouth hang up the fucking phone!!! Well I think I actually said it. She actually hung it up and put it down. Then I drove off and let it go, no harm done really, but for the love.

That is my excitment for the week. Dish it people!
Skymama's #2 stalker -

I still don't understand how the exit got pulled off! :ph34r::ph34r::$

I have watched that video a few times and I still can't figure out how we pulled that off. Superior skydiving skills is my guess. :ph34r:
I'll get that video on skydivingmovies or youtube or something soon.

Nothing odd/exciting yet this week. We do have a canoe/camping trip this weekend, so hopefully lots of fun stories out of that.
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

Indeed superior skydiving skills, I mean Turtle and I were on the dive :P
I never saw the video, so it'd be cool to see what happened. I just remember being upside down for a little bit and then right side up and everything looking good.

to keep in on track, seriously people I know you aren't really that boring, something had to have happened this week.

Skymama's #2 stalker -

Indeed superior skydiving skills, I mean Turtle and I were on the dive :P
I never saw the video, so it'd be cool to see what happened. I just remember being upside down for a little bit and then right side up and everything looking good.

to keep in on track, seriously people I know you aren't really that boring, something had to have happened this week.

The beginning of the rollover was my fault - I didn't present well.

Then it just sort of all worked out . . . proper arching helped, ok - so it was a SUPER arch . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I've gotten 2 showings on my house within 24 hours of listing it yesterday. I was shocked, considering this is supposed to be a bad time to sell.

Also, my son's soccer team will be competing in the round of top-16 in the state this weekend, hoping to get to the final 4. B|

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Well, as I was driving to work (I live in Egypt), I saw this car on the side of the road. It looked like there was smoke coming out from under the hood, so I stopped to see if something was wrong. Turns out, this woman passed out as she was driving (come to find out she has narcolepsy - not sure why she drives). She hit the curb (a pretty high curb) and somehow this must've done something to the engine, and now there is smoke coming out - I didn't see any fire though.

So I try to open the door, but it's locked - and she's still out. I call the regional security officer (RSO) of the embassy. Then, I try to flag someone down to help. I'm deciding between trying to break the window and just assuming that maybe she'll come to. Then all of a sudden, the local police run over and start yelling at me. If you know anything about Egypt, they are not big into human rights. I can't understand what they're saying, but they are making all kinds of hand gestures and yelling.

Meanwhile, the woman is still out. I am trying to get them to help this woman, but all they seem interested in is harassing me. Then, completely freaking me out, two of the police grab my arms and start taking me in the direction of their truck. At this point, I'm telling them that I am a diplomat (we get certain perks) and that they need to call the embassy. Again, this falls on deaf ears. I can't reach my phone/purse to call the RSO (thankfully I called once already about the woman).

They climb into the back of the truck with me, still yelling at me. I am a bit freaked by now. What the hell are they going to do with me - and why!?! I was trying to help this woman. They take me to the police station - not exactly like what you expect in the States. This place is nasty dirty, hot, and full of men sneering at me (foreign woman dressed in a business suit).

I continue to tell them that I am a diplomat and that they need to call the embassy. (The embassy gives us these little laminated cards to hand out if you are in a jam - accident or something). Unfortunately, they've taken my purse with my phone. They stick me in a cell (if you can call it that) with several nasty angry beaten men. I try my best to find an area away from the others, but that is hard as this cell is about 10 by 10 and there are 8 men in there.

The police are conferring with each other and looking over at me. And I'm thinking, What the hell just happened to me!?!

So I'm waiting for a translator or someone from the embassy to show up and straighten this whole thing out. And I wait, and wait, and wait.

They don't keep the place air conditioned and by noon, it's 108 degrees out. And I am dressed in this business suit - I don't dare take the jacket off. So about 4-5 hours go by and I'm fuming! Not to mention hungry. If you ever go to jail in Egypt, you need to find someone to bring you food. They don't feed you there. Plus, I have been holding a massive pee in for like 3 hours.

Things move very slowly in Egypt, but I figure that all will be good soon. Sometime after noon, a couple of the police come over to yell at me some more, but since I don't understand a word of what they're saying, I just shrug my shoulders. Bad move on my part. I think they thought that was disrespectful. They open the door to the cell and grab me by my arm. What the fuck now!?!

Deep down, I'm hoping they are bringing me to a room with someone from the embassy. No such luck.