Reginald

New reserve color

Vote for my new PD reserve's color! The off the shelf options are White, Yellow or Light Blue (already have one this color). A rigger once told me to get Yellow, as it is easier to inspect the stitching. Any of you riggers have a preference for reserve colors?
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

I've heard white packs up smaller as the fabric is not full of dye.

I find light blue to be the most comfortable on the eyes during inspections, but white is not that bad either. I can't stand staring at bright colors that long...gives me a headache.
Miami

any contrasting color make inspection easier....My DZO and rigging mentor always said to get as bright a reserve as possible so everyone knows there is a reserve out and they all start watching the sky for the freebag and main.....now with your color choices I'd have to say Yellow

I've heard white packs up smaller as the fabric is not full of dye.

I find light blue to be the most comfortable on the eyes during inspections, but white is not that bad either. I can't stand staring at bright colors that long...gives me a headache.

Dude, Miami.... Am I the only one reading this thread right now that knows you?

My friends who came to the DZ still remember you as the nuclear powered day-glow yellow guy with the super small canopy who swooped them... But, if I say "the guy who swooped ya" they will say, "Who?"... If I say the guy in yellow, they go, "Oh... Miami!"

So either you have some serious sarcasm, or you never have to look at yourself in a mirror with your gear on.:o

White, with red stiching. It makes things easier for your rigger.

Does for me anyway......
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I voted yellow - on the highway they are the easiest vehicles to see, and they show up quite well against a blue background. My personal reserve is yellow, and we just changed from white to yellow at work as well.

I have heard for years and years that white reserves and have asked manufacturers that question as well. I have been told that they have never seen evidence to support it. I am not a fabric worker, but I don't think that the natural fibers of 0-3 cfm material are pure white. I believe they have to be dyed white, which means the dye would create as much pack volume as one that is dyed any other color. Maybe some of the more seasoned riggers that are plugged into the textile industry more than I can chime in on this.

I always advise people to steer away from dark colors. As stated in earlier posts, they are hard to work on. Black is bad, but the worst I have ever worked on was woodland camouflage on an old Pioneer HAPS main canopy. That was a pain in the ass!
Arrive Safely

John

anything but white.....

Why?

inspecting white thread on white fabric is a royal pain.

contrasting colors (red/grey thread on white fabric or white thread on any other color fabric) make it soooo much easier to inspect the stitching.
Scars remind us that the past is real

...the dye would create as much pack volume as one that is dyed any other color. Maybe some of the more seasoned riggers that are plugged into the textile industry more than I can chime in on this.

Here is the "Does canopy COLOR influence/increase pack volume?" thread:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=885302#885302

:)

I wouldn't care. what does it matter?

rm

Well, my rigger says that it is easiest for him to inspect a yellow reserve. So with the vote above and on his recomendation I'm going with yellow.

Does it matter? Not much but hey I had to choose one of the three colors. ;-)
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

I have a deep purple. None has recognized the situation when I used for the first time, none were tracking my freebag/RPC, main.....

I've seen some of the manufacturers has successfully implemented Ford's guide-a car can have any color as long as it is black- for reserve coloring with white.

I still think you should have ordered a pink one. :P

Hey Justin, unlike you I don't plan on using mine a lot! I'll try the main first on most jumps. ;)

Anything not the color of your main ;)

Right now my main and reserve are almost identical, both white, the reserve is just a bit cleaner with only 2 jumps... My new container does have a red one in it though, and I should be jumping that shortly. B|

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.