Squeak

Man there's a lot of ads on Every page now

And then HH comes along with advice on how to remove the sidebar, so everyone is happy, and the world is a better place. (must be angels I hear singing in the background).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YAY! I can read and post without scrolling over every time I click to a new screen!

When I leave the sidebar up........after I slide my screen all the way to the right, I can see the poster's pic, all of his/her post, and the "Jump To Forum" button.

When I hide the sidebar.......the poster's pic is visible, but the "box" that holds the typed message widens, and I still have to slide over to see all of it, and have to slide over to see the "Jump To Forums" button.

Is this something that's local to my PC ? And how do I correct it ? And if it's something simple, please remember I'm a dinosaur in this modern computer world, and be kind. :)

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

ahhhh and now I understand a little bit about what the fuss is all about.

I don't have to scroll over to see anything. It's all right there no scrolling to left or right. I didn't change a thing to have this happen.

I must just be a lucky one. I am god ya know.

this is not directed at you personally, you're post just helped me understand what the fuss was.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

you're post just helped me understand what the fuss was.

But you didn't tell me how to solve it. Isn't it your duty as 'God' to do just that ?

Then again, since I am a dinosaur, maybe you already addressed my inability to cope in the modern world. :)

Don
It's a free-for-all."

Nope, its not really something you can change, unless you design your own .css and tell your browser to use it instead of the one that HH uses.

I'm using a wide screen at a high resolution and its still not fitting right in my browser window since all the changes.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I have a 19" monitor, set to 1280x1024, and it fits on my screen fine, without having to maximize the window. But I do have the browser window stretched pretty wide to avoid the horizontal scroll bars, so I can see that anyone using a smaller monitor/lower resolution would be getting the scroll bar even with a maximized window.

you're post just helped me understand what the fuss was.

But you didn't tell me how to solve it. Isn't it your duty as 'God' to do just that ?

Then again, since I am a dinosaur, maybe you already addressed my inability to cope in the modern world. :)

Don

Well I told you mine don't need no fixin, thus nothin needs to be fixed :ph34r::P
Skymama's #2 stalker -

I'm replying under protest to a Michigan fan. And even worse is a Redwings fan at that.

What resolution is your monitor at? Anything less then 1024*768 will have that issue. If you are using 800*600 you might need to adjust to a larger resolution. If you are blind might I suggest stronger glasses? :P

BTW... Michigan SUCKS! B|:D

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Anything less then 1024*768 will have that issue.

That fixed it. Now I just have to get stronger reading glasses.

It goes against my nature to thank a Buckeye for anything, so I am conferring honorary Wolverine status upon you for the next 30 seconds.

Thank you very much Erk.....you've always been willing to help me out with various issues, both skydiving- and computer-related, and I sincerely appreciate it.

Okay......status revoked. Get bent, Brutus. :P

Don
It's a free-for-all."