Squeak

Man there's a lot of ads on Every page now

I am going to to have to agree...

The adds on the left and the shrinking of the forums is making it much harder to read. Perosnally having the adds on the right would make things far more readable.

Just my .02. I understand the needs of the adds, but they are ruining the readability of the forums being on the left hand side like that. Maybe move it and the quick list to the right side and see?
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I've fixed it.... 2" tape down the left-hand side of the screen,

:D:D:D:D

In all seriousness, I have to agree as well... I have to run 800x600 resolution just to read.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

I am going to to have to agree...

The adds on the left and the shrinking of the forums is making it much harder to read. Perosnally having the adds on the right would make things far more readable.

Just my .02. I understand the needs of the adds, but they are ruining the readability of the forums being on the left hand side like that. Maybe move it and the quick list to the right side and see?

Well from a marketing point, the left side is the place you want the adds, we (westerners) read from left to right, so having the addsa as a distraction, and drawing our attention to them, would be a marketing ploy.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Kind of feels like a place where you can write messages amongst a advertising page.

I know that there are not as much adverts as i make out but it does feel like there is.

Very good point. Some of the new features are cool; it's the size(s) that are the problem.

Things sure have changed a lot around here; & very quickly at that - I've only been here a little over a year. :|
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

To all of you, wah wah wah. Cry me a river!!

To HH, you can please some of the people SOME of the time, BUT not all of the people ALL of the time.

Go with the flow people, go with the flow.....

Sheeesh bunch of freakin' wet blankets.
If you can't read the size of the font, get glasses, if the Ads are too distracting, take some ADHD medicine (or something comparable.)
Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

To HH, you can please some of the people SOME of the time, BUT not all of the people ALL of the time.

If you can't read the size of the font, get glasses, if the Ads are too distracting, take some ADHD medicine (or something comparable.)
Bobbi

or perhaps, as 'consumers' of this site, HH wants to hear our imput of what we like and don't like?

I have not had a chance to check out all of the newness yet, but seems like I am going to like it. I will admit, the ads on the left, scrunching the forums is a bit much, but I'll get used to it.

edit: it could be WORSE
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

Bobbi

or perhaps, as 'consumers' of this site, HH wants to hear our imput of what we like and don't like?

I have not had a chance to check out all of the newness yet, but seems like I am going to like it. I will admit, the ads on the left, scrunching the forums is a bit much, but I'll get used to it.

edit: it could be WORSE

Or perhaps you should take a look at Rockclimbing.com and you'll see some similarities.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

If I pay for my star do I get my normal sized forum back?

It would be worth it.

Agree completely. If direct sponsorship removed all the undesired advertising I'd be inclined to resub.

The new 'look' is aesthetically unpleasing, end result being LESS motivation to check the forums.

Advertising has no effect on me anyway, most of it is blocked and I dont bother to read that which isnt. But the negative space is just ugly.

I know HH has to pay the bills, but this change makes me want to look for new skydiving forum to 'hang out' in.

Once again what was 'home' is overrun by the need to "be a business".[:/]

If I'm not around much let me take this moment to say it was great fun for a while, many good times, good friends and good information. I'm sure I'll stick my virtual head in on occasion, However the commercialization turns my stomach, and makes this one less place on the net that I care to visit. I'm well aware I'm no great loss, but the less 'business' intrudes into my recreational activities the better tbh.:|

:(

I have and use Ad Block Pro with Firefox, so I don't see literally 98% of the ads. The pages load faster that way too.

I also use ad blockers so I don't get any ads anywhere. But the new .css files make my browser hang so surfing here a now major PITA.

It's a pity I didn't keep one of the old dz.com .css files, I could have configured my browser to use that instead of the new one and I'd have the old dz.com back.

I like the way the forums are now. The pages are loading LOTS quicker for me. Don't know why. I block all the ads too. It's easy. My only complaint is that every now and then I get this "Gossamer Links" page....the same stuff on the page that would be on the dz.com page I'm trying to access, but laid out differently on this silverish looking page titled "Gossamer Links." That's kind of irritating. But otherwise I think it's good.

Edited to add: That "gossamer" thing must have something to do with, maybe, Firefox? Using Firefox, I don't get the ads, but I do get that funky page periodically. Using Safari, I get the ads (which really are no bother as far as I'm concerned...not like they're pop-ups or anything that you have to click out of), but I don't get that other page. Anybody else know what I'm talking about????

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail