kanada

Lenght of MLW attachment point at hip ring in G4

I will try to make it as clear as possible with my crappy English especially I don't have pictures.:$

I just noticed with my rigger that on my new G4 MLW at hip-ring attachment point seam area is maybe 1,5 cm high. It is my first articulated rig so I don't have much reference but for me is quite small area which takes force of opening shock. Is that normal for Mirage? Or I’m just too paranoid?

Is attachment point reinforced inside?

Thanks for any input.

Hi Kanada,

First, I am not trying to insult you regarding your English skills. I've spent way too much time in non-English-speaking countries to ever do that.

I spent a weekend at the Kielce dz in 2000. If you contact Bartek Gasiorek, ul - Sloneczna 22/3, 25 - 731 Kielce or at his phone at 48 413661365 they might be able to assist with your inquiry. His daughter Sylvia and her husband both speak perfect English (they teach English at a private school).

They might be able to help you better explain what the problem is.

I'm sorry, I simply cannot understand your problem. Anyone out there who can help?

I'm also not quite sure what you mean, but I'll hazard a guess. Here's a picture I made. Two questions:

1) Is the configuration of the MLW and the lateral strap on your rig similar to that shown in the picture? (On some rigs the lateral attaches directly to the MLW instead of the hip ring.)

2) If the configuration is similar to the picture: Are you concerned over the seam shown in red in the picture?

Here is a link to the Mirage Systems past issue of a newsletter. In it is an explanation of that junction. That junction has been drop tested to 10000 lbs. dynamic drop. That means an immediate stop at 10000 lbs. The type 7 webbing stretched a couple inches before the junction would stress. Jeff Johnston (The designer of Mirage) is the Guru of all Guru's, it is his brainchild, and if it came from Jeff, you know its good.

Here's the link
http://www.miragesys.com/Newsletters/MNL051305.htm

I'm also not quite sure what you mean, but I'll hazard a guess. Here's a picture I made. Two questions:

1) Is the configuration of the MLW and the lateral strap on your rig similar to that shown in the picture? (On some rigs the lateral attaches directly to the MLW instead of the hip ring.)

2) If the configuration is similar to the picture: Are you concerned over the seam shown in red in the picture?

Yes that exactly what I was thinking about.

Ward thank you for this information.